Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Taken 2 was actually woeful tbh . Seen Birdman there last week and im really not sure what to make of it actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Yeah, I saw Birdman and the acting was really good, but... Eh, chalk it up to one that's just not my cup of tea.

Hey, happy Monday one and all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Happy? Monday? Pffft :P

Well, could be a lot worse! :pac: Yesterday wasn't great, felt exhausted all day, so barely got anything done. I barely got any sleep, but I was wide away so jumped out of bed about an hour ago. Sitting here sipping coffee and getting some study done too, so I got that going for me ;)

How are you Reiketsu?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Happy Maggot Monday! :D:pac:

Not long now until we get a bitta Corey: http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/slipknot-s-corey-taylor-on-paul-gray-the-new-tour-and-staying-in-for-the-long-haul-1.2060297

Oh dear, Taken 3 was just terrible and boring - I was shocked! Was expecting pointless fights and OTT killings. And someone to be taken!

Hope tomorrow goes interviewtastic Reiketsu :)

That's a shame, the first Taken was such a good movie, totally stupid but so much fun.

That's exactly what I wanted from another Taken film - stupid fun. This film actually thought it had story :confused::confused:

How was the weekend Links? All geared up for next weekend? ;)

I'm grand thanks, Links! Actually pretty awake considering my sleeping pattern has been all over the place recently.

Thanks, Zwill! I'm not nervous yet but I guess tomorrow I will be. I'm gonna be needing Wednesday afterwards anyway :P. Ridiculously excited now!

Totally quiet weekend, I braved the elements for a pint on Friday but ran home again. Yeah, seriously pumped for the weekend! :D I'm really looking forward to the pub quiz on the Friday night, that's always a great laugh. And of course, there's going to be some pretty decent tunes being played on Saturday night ;)

You excited?

• Advertisement

I went to a friends birthday on Saturday night, was nice, there was cocktails a plenty!

Super excited! Wednesday is just going to be oodles of fun, between KoRn, the Knot and Club Poison afterwards, then Thursday will be sleeping, movies and shopping :D

Looking forward to seeing if I can pick up few different anime/mange series/films. Debating wearing my Sailor Moon cosplay :o

Enjoy Slipknot and Korn! I'd actually love to see Korn, channel the inner angry teen all over again :pac:

Go on, do the cosplay! You know you want to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Had a nice break over Christmas and new years but it's pretty much back to the grind this week.

Went to Birdman last week as well and absolutely loved it. Amazing acting and really engaging. The very, very last moment didn't sit with me well, but other than that I thought it was absolutely superb and had so much depth to it. ]

Just about to start listening to the new Shattered Skies album, came out today!

Hmm. Thinking of heading UK side for a gig again :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Links234 wrote: »
    Hmm. Thinking of heading UK side for a gig again :D

What you looking at?

I hate how many many Bands tour all of Europe, and Uk... and then skip us :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

What you looking at?

I hate how many many Bands tour all of Europe, and Uk... and then skip us :(

Kamijo. Former singer of Versailles

I hate how many skip us but when you're a fan of the Japanese bands, you're lucky to even get them in the UK. Girugamesh was fantastic to catch last year :D had been tempted to go to see Jupiter in Germany before.

Something I'm still kicking myself over is not going to see Versailles when they played in London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Come to London for something and there will be pints :D

Well, there's always that! :D

Happy Slipknot Eve :pac:

Best of luck today Reiketsu xx :) Whatever happens, party tomorrow :D

Aww thank you :D. Aye, I'll either need to celebrate or drown my sorrows :pac:

Snow here today! I heard my daughter getting up and shouting so I guessed she had looked out the window :P

• Advertisement

That's sooooo cuuuute :D:D

Child excitement at snow is always amazing :)

It's just cold and brrr here, but not horrible, calm and cool :cool:

Out of my interview now. I think I did okay! I'm up against 18 other people (which was cut down from 60 applications). Only guaranteed 4 hours :( but there will be shifts to be hand when people are on holiday and that. I should know something by the end of the week I think. My local shop just started advertising for staff so I'll forward them my CV when I get home.

glad to hear things went well! ;)

had a few drinks last night, it was probably the last chance herself will have to have a pint in our local so we were like **** it, lets go.

The weather is awesome out! :D

I love the snow but now all buses have been cancelled in County Derry and I'm supposed to be leaving for Slipknot at 10am :/. They have no idea if they'll be running tomorrow morning!

An hell, I hope things go ok tomorrow!

Hmm. I'm now looking up flights to London, they're quite ridiculously cheap at the moment. The other thing is, if I did go, I wouldn't be able to afford Kamelot :/

Me too. I can't even get a train because I need a bus to get to the train :(

You wonder why the whole country just seems to shut down when there's cold weather?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Cause this place is hilariously inept at dealing with cold weather.

• Advertisement

They didn't even grit the roads here and it was this evening before they sent any ploughs out! It's still coming down, I'm stressed out. Only time I've ever wished the snow to stop.

Advertisement