Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Passenger wrote: »
    Is it a fool-proof kit that you get for the beer brewing? I mean, is it always going to be edible as long as you follow the instructions?

As long as everything's clean, it'll be grand, but what happened was that on some of the bottles the caps just weren't down tight enough and air got in so they went stale. Learning experience on that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Links234 wrote: »
    As long as everything's clean, it'll be grand, but what happened was that on some of the bottles the caps just weren't down tight enough and air got in so they went stale. Learning experience on that one.

Ah very good. :) Might I ask where and what kit you purchased? I'm intrigued.

I think it was this one?

Excellent! They have a stout too. Now I'm definitely interested. :D

Anything else up with yourself?

(also, why has this thread been so quiet lately?)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Anything else up with yourself?

(also, why has this thread been so quiet lately?)

People have realised the work they've let pile up since going back half assed after christmas can't be ignored any more :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Hmm, I guess there is that. I should probably be studying :o been a bit wrecked though

Evening folks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Morning All

Happy Friday :D:D
    People have realised the work they've let pile up since going back half assed after christmas can't be ignored any more :p

Shhhh....

Hey Zwill, how goes it?

• Advertisement

Hey Zwill, how goes it?

It goes all over the place :P

Very grateful for the weekend.

Am also thinking about applying for a managerial position in work :o So will be working on that for the weekend too!
    Anybody got exciting weekend shenanigans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

It's Friday, there's not much work to do and I want to go home. However, I left early yesterday to get a haircut so I can't leave early today. First world problems.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Anybody got exciting weekend shenanigans?

Nah, thinking of taking it easy and staying quiet, had quite a busy weekend last week so chilled out this one might be nice :)

How's everyone's weekend?

I'm kinda pissed, my new phone has suddenly crapped out on me for no obvious reason :(

How's everyone's weekend?

Went to see Whiplash in the Lighthouse, had a plate of BBQ ribs in Bison Bar, a few crafty brews in Against The Grain and finished the night up in the Gypsy. All in all a fairly enjoyable evening.

How was Whiplash?

I'm worried that there's gonna be too many gigs on again :o

Death To All tour on the 3rd of March, Kamelot on the 12th and Vader/Hate on the 20th, but I was also thinking of seeing Professor Elemental at the Steampunk night but that's on the 20th as well. Then I was kinda thinking of going to see Kamijo in London on the 3rd but I don't think I can afford it at all. Why does all the cool stuff have to happen together?

I loved Whiplash. Plenty of gigs on the horizon alright. At The Gates on Saturday too.

Yeah, I can't make it to that one. Young me would probably have a fit at the thought of me getting an opportunity to see ATG and not jumping on it, but I just can't afford it.

Hey folks, how goes it today?

• Advertisement

Afternoon all! :)

How are you Links? Everyone have good weekend??

I applied for the manager position, while in my Marvel pyjamas - professional to the core! :pac:

I seen Whiplash - just fantastic, would see again!

Will be working tomorrow and Wednesday in Temple Bar - shall break up the week nicely :)

I'm cooking a haggis for dinner :D

Weekend was quiet enough, which I frankly needed. Started watching the Blacklist, really liking James Spader in it :D

Did you prepare it yourself or is something you can just pick up from a butchers?

I know very little about the cooking of haggis, other thatn what earthworm jim taught me
    Peter: (at the International House of Haggis) Hey...this haggis stuff is great!! Say, how come no one comes here, anyway? (takes a big bite of haggis)
    Jim: Because haggis is made from the heart, lungs and liver of a sheep boiled in its own stomach.
    (Peter looks absolutely repulsed)

It is rather yummy though :)

It was something Aldi had on offer, actually quite good! :D Not as good as you'd find in Scotland of course, but better than you might expect. ;)

Supposedly you can get some in M&S as well, but never got it from them before

Interesting, may have to investigate.

Only ever had it in Scotland so I've nothing to compare against :p

Interesting, may have to investigate.

Only ever had it in Scotland so I've nothing to compare against :p

Aldi's haggis probably won't compare then, but damn it hit the spot! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Mentioning Earthworm Jim just reminded me that I'm the only person in my course who seems to know who David Perry is, which made me a bit sad when I found out.

I had to google who David Perry is :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

;_______;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Guess who literally just copped that she's back in Ireland for the weekend when Kamelot are on in London.

GRARGH.

I shall have to fix that by going to Ensiferum a week and a half later :pac:

Advertisement