Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Guess who literally just copped that she's back in Ireland for the weekend when Kamelot are on in London.

GRARGH.

I shall have to fix that by going to Ensiferum a week and a half later :pac:
    Is it you? Because that sucks :o

I feel wrecked again, the dog kept waking me up in the middle of the night

Evening everyone ;)

Any news?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

My supervisor gave me the go ahead to go to a conference in France. Have to get my abstract accepted but shouldn't be a problem

Which means I can play this :D

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Hey folks, how's all today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Not too bad, did strength work at the gym though last night and now my upper body hurts :eek:

• Advertisement

Good stuff! :D

I've put on weight recently, should really do something about that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Back to a regular working day today!

I was in The Ark in Temple Bar the last two days doing work shops with kids from 3rd - 6th class. Was a nice break from the normal office, but running after 50 kids a day will wreck ya :p

How's everyone getting on? :)

Morning Zwill ;)

ugh, there's some nasty weather out there :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Giving Slaughter of the Soul a spin in anticipation of the ATG gig on Saturday. Anybody else going?

I had been planning to but can't really afford it, hope you enjoy! I'd say it'd be awesome! ;)

How's yourself anyway Passenger?

• Advertisement

Thanks, Links. Got my ticket today. Should be a good 'un. I'm currently munching on Lidl croissants that I bought earlier and listening to ATG. Rock 'n Roll, huh?! :D

Up to aught yourself?

Nah, not much up aside from eyeballing the Bioshock T-shirts on qwertee. I was studying earlier, not as much as I'd have liked to but definitely getting some done was good. Missing the girlfriend like hell today tbh :(

Other than, been marathoning through The Blacklist, not a bad show, but honestly just watching it for James Spader ;)

Are you not Skyping the OH? Haven't watched the Blacklist. Is it worth a gander?

We kinda are, but her internet connection is very spotty, so it's difficult at the best of times.

Yeah, I'd say it's worth a look. It's easy watching, nothing too taxing on the concentration or anyway, but James Spader is just fantastic in it and really carries the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Hey folks :). I don't know about anyone else but I feel like this week seriously dragged in. Glad it's Friday :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Week has been so busy!!

How are you Reiketsu? Anything back from interviews and jobs? :):)

I'm not too bad thanks. Only thing is is thst my uncle's dog is being put to sleep today. She's 12 so feels like she has been around forever. Even though it's not my dog I was a blubbering mess when I was told :O.

I haven't heard a thing, its so frustrating. Applied for literally ten jobs yesterday and doubt I'll get a response...Which is more annoying than a rejection tbh.

Hey folks! Got my phone back today, seems to be working ok. It was seriously annoying being without it for a while because I couldn't listen to any music while going on a walk! :eek:

Keep plugging away Reiketsu ;)
    Hope things go well.

Aw jeez, there's few things as hateful as walking without music :P. Thanks! I will do. Something will come up - it just gets disheartening from time to time.

yeah, I like nothing more than a long walk with some good music going ;)

It's kinda cool that you've pretty much got one device that does it all, but at the same time, it's nasty when it stops working on you :(

Do you ya remember these things?! :D

300x300px-LS-51b5d0d1_369442250_418TCQRYG5L__SL500_AA300_.jpg

Any plans for the weekend yourself Rei? Hope things pick up on the jobs market for you ;)

• Advertisement

I had one those! Having to carry your favourite CDs along with it was a pain :D. My kid found an old cassette tape of mine recently and has no clue what it is or how it works :pac:

No plans really. A quiet night with tv shows and a few drinks tonight, might go see my mum tomorrow :). What about yourself?

Yeah, I'd just pick a CD and that'd be my soundtrack for the day, rarely bothered to bring a few unless I was taking a trip or something, had one of those little CD wallets.

same as, visiting my mum, and taking it easy watching tv shows. what you gonna watching?

Haven't decided yet! There's loads of shows I've been meaning to start watching so maybe tonight will be the night :D

I'd be very happy to use a standalone mp3 player if I could find one big enough that wasn't an ipod. Was the main reason I finally go a smart phone, my old creative 16gb just wasn't enough for me :pac:

I do like having last.fm keep track of everything though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

I had one of these about 11 years back:

Sony-D-NE511-Silver-ATRAC-MP3.jpg

It played Mp3, WMA and Sony's own ATRAC format - I bought it for a trip to Australia when I wanted to bring a load of music with me, it did the job. It was around that time that much smaller music devices became popular & I never had a portable CD player after that.

Modern devices are considerably easier to navigate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Well look at you young whippersnappers with yer fancy shiny record-plain' gadgets. This was what I used

walkman-sanyo-42003139_3.jpg

Copied Ride The Lightning from a schoolfriend and used to constantly fast forward and rewind between Fight Fire With Fire and Fade To Black, as they were my favourite songs and on the same side. By the end, I knew the exact length of time to fast forward/rewind down to the millisecond.

I gave up on stored music a while back. I switched my network to Three for the unlimited data, use a google music subscription and stream everything. Google music is missing some areas, but you can upload what google doesn't have from your own library so it appears seamless. Suits me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Well look at you young whippersnappers with yer fancy shiny record-plain' gadgets.

Oh I had various Walkman/cassette players for years! There was a lad in school (mid 1980's) who had moved back here from Holland and his Dad was the first person I ever knew that had a CD player (Philips of course). But I didn't get one until 1994 which was one these bad boys!

5845587826_b731bab55d.jpg
    Ghetto Blaster by David Biggins, on Flickr

and it was LOUD!! :)
    First dics I got for it was Therapy?'s 'Troublegum'...

I remember cassette tapes! :D

My parents had a big hifi thingie that had a record player and 2 tape decks. I had a very worn copy of Metallica's black album that got played to death. Ah, those were the glory days of piracy! copying tapes from friends, all cheeky like :pac: and recording movies off the TV onto VHS! :D

Everyone have a good weekend?

Was out in town Friday night for beers for a friends birthday, first time going out since new years, how very sad :)

• Advertisement

Everyone have a good weekend?

Was out in town Friday night for beers for a friends birthday, first time going out since new years, how very sad :)

Where'd you head?

I went to see At The Gates in the Academy. Pretty good performance I must say. Then I went to see Swedish band Portrait in the Gypsy afterward. It was packed. Decent gig though. Never heard them before but a distinct King Diamond vibe off them.

Advertisement