Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

That_Guy wrote: »
    Napalm Death are to appear in an episode of Skins tomorrow night. :pac:
    Never watched Skins, but this will be getting Sky+'d.

How come Karl Hungas' account is closed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Nailz wrote: »
    How come Karl Hungas' account is closed?
    As I said in this thread, I'll ask him the next time I see him for a pint.

On an unrelated note, I saw this posted on another thread. Stick in a user's name and it'll return their first post. Mine was about an interview for a job I've long since left and a labret piercing I've long since taken out :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Malice wrote: »
    On an unrelated note, I saw this posted on another thread. Stick in a user's name and it'll return their first post. Mine was about an interview for a job I've long since left and a labret piercing I've long since taken out :).

Hah thats cool! Mine was in PI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Yeah that's pretty cool. My first post was in Rock & Metal :cool:

My first post appears to be on the battery capabilities of the PSP :) Ahhh... Nostalgia!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Jaysus,mine was asking about saddle covers for a motorbike! Almost 5 years to the day since i joined!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Passenger wrote: »
    Friday Night Rock & Metal @ Fibbers Rock Bar, Ormond Quay
    What a perfect setting that would be for a forum beers! Look at the name lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

So Gavin Harrison is gonna be doing a drum clinic in X-Music. Can't remember the exact date but it's a Monday and tickets are €12.50 apparently.

I don't even play drums and I will be there because the man is an absolute genius. His musical outlooks can be applied to any instrument

Bumping this thread because I can't think of anything interesting to post on any other thread in this forum at the moment :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Got me a metal muff today.
    Sounds excellent driving my blackstar, durtastic

Was also referred to as mr Edwards by a friend of mine today:(

• Advertisement

I plugged my Jackson gee-tar into my Peavey cabs and all that in hope that when I try to play some Kyuss it'll pull of... But nae. :( Can't be arsed to actually mess about and try and make it work. Although, I distortioned the **** put of it, sounded very Burzum. :cool:

Was also referred to as mr Edwards by a friend of mine today:(
    Is the the guy from Little House on the Prairie?

unfortunately, yes.:(

may have to rethink the beard.

was it wrong to fancy Mary in that show?

I plugged my Jackson gee-tar into my Peavey cabs and all that in hope that when I try to play some Kyuss it'll pull of... But nae. :( Can't be arsed to actually mess about and try and make it work. Although, I distortioned the **** put of it, sounded very Burzum. :cool:

clearly you need a new amp, or several, just for variety :p

clearly you need a new amp, or several, just for variety :p
    If only money was on my side. :p I should've mentioned though that I was using Peavey bass cabs. :pac:

ah yes, lotto win and then compile a list!

i think i'd start with a blackstar stack and a peavy 6505 head to complement it!

I'm pretty happy with the gear I've got right now. I'd be interested in having a go of a fretless bass or an 8 string guitar but thankfully neither are giving me any sort of GAS attacks :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I'm pretty happy with the gear I've got right now. I'd be interested in having a go of a fretless bass or an 8 string guitar but thankfully neither are giving me any sort of GAS attacks :).

I've got the GAS something bad (that sounds a bit wrong). Been playing through a crappy beginners amp for far to long now. Looking to get myself a nice Orange Thunder 30. Should be putting in my order this weekend.

I upgraded my amp last year (well, more like replaced it) and wish I'd done it years ago. At some point you have to ignore the cost and just accept that if the worst comes to the worst, you can always live on Pot Noodle for a month or two ;).

I've got the GAS something bad (that sounds a bit wrong). Been playing through a crappy beginners amp for far to long now. Looking to get myself a nice Orange Thunder 30. Should be putting in my order this weekend.

oooh sounds nice!

tinge of jealousy creeping over me....

you won't know yourself though when you get it, the difference will be astounding.

hopefully you will be inspired to new heights of virtuosity;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

oooh sounds nice!

tinge of jealousy creeping over me....

you won't know yourself though when you get it, the difference will be astounding.

hopefully you will be inspired to new heights of virtuosity;)

That's what I hoping.

I'll have about two sweet, guilt free weeks to play it until I have to spend the next nine months buried in books and reports, stuck in the depths of the UCC library in order to earn my degree.

And your damn right Malice, good nutrition is nothing compared to a nice thick crunch being driven out by a row of tubes :D

I'm a dread for the old GAS attacks, that's why I avoid the instruments' section on Adverts at all costs, the last couple of times I got over indulged in buying tempting pieces of kit. I need money for my up-and-coming term in Uni, I would offer my 6-String Fretless Peavey Grind if you like? ;)

I'm a dread for the old GAS attacks, that's why I avoid the instruments' section on Adverts at all costs, the last couple of times I got over indulged in buying tempting pieces of kit. I need money for my up-and-coming term in Uni, I would offer my 6-String Fretless Peavey Grind if you like? ;)
    I already own one Peavey guitar and it has turned me off their guitars for life. Bring it with you when you move here though and we can jam and I'll give it a once-over.

Whenever I think of 6 string fretless I always think of Steve Bailey. Are there any other 6 string fretless players knocking around that are worth checking out?

I don't blame you actually, it needs an good thorough service. It established an annoying rattle over the last while, it's also back-breakingly heavy.

I actually don't know many other 6-string fretless players bar Steve Bailey, although I met Steve Lawson when he was filling in as a session bassist for a mate in Dublin and I was chatting, and he said he does a bit of stuff with 6-string fretless', but I can't honestly find any of it on t'internet.

Edit: Also, I think I recognise the lovely lady in you avatar, Malice. Whom is it?

Nailz I worry about you sometimes. I don't know what the standard of women is like in Cavan but this is most definitely not a lovely lady :p

some_thing.png
    Screenshot added for supporting evidence when I inevitably change my avatar again...

she's probably not the worst he's had:D

you're getting as bad as mickey dolenz with the avatars malice!

for me i would love to have an ernie ball musicman, just think they are sexah and play beautifully.

...like your avatar eh Nailz? :p

you're getting as bad as mickey dolenz with the avatars malice!
    I don't understand, his current avatar is this apparently:

What's so bad about some guy in a hat?
    i would love to have an ernie ball musicman, just think they are sexah and play beautifully.
    I agree with the first part of that sentence, the second part not so much :).

Nailz I worry about you sometimes. I don't know what the standard of women is like in Cavan but this is most definitely not a lovely lady :p
    Screenshot added for supporting evidence when I inevitably change my avatar again...
    I will concede to the looks of both genders in Cavan to be fair. :pac:

Now stop being a smart ass and answer for whom was initially intended! :p
    she's probably not the worst he's had:D

[...]

for me i would love to have an ernie ball musicman, just think they are sexah and play beautifully.

...like your avatar eh Nailz? :p
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=10584&g2_serialNumber=1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

About to head up on the train to Dublin for Flogging Molly, I'm really not used to waking up at 8 o'clock any more.. Then onto Galway the next day for a going away party for a friend heading to Finland. Damn public transport.

• Advertisement

I got a puppy a few weeks ago. Now I'm up early every morning to let the little fecker out into the garden. Oh and I get up at 6:50AM for work Monday - Friday. Getting up at 8AM would be like a Saturday morning lie-in to me!

Advertisement