Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'm hiding away at home with lemsip and a blanket, hacking up a lung. So yeah, pretty good weekend :p

Watched a few episodes of the new season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia last night

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Went JW Sweetman's for a few then to The Grand Social.

Pints in Sweetman's were a bit more expensive than I remember. Been a while but they were €4.50 last time I was there for a pint of the house stuff, was €4.90 on friday. Still good value for quality beer though.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Haven't been in JW Sweetman's in a while. Their draught selection isn't as comprehensive as the GBB bars so I tend to give them my patronage for my craft brew fix. Were you drinking anything special?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Stayed at home on Friday night and then went to my mum's yesterday evening. Ended up in my uncle's instead and drank until 7 this morning :O. It's been a day of will I or won't I be sick haha :(

Passenger wrote: »
    Haven't been in JW Sweetman's in a while. Their draught selection isn't as comprehensive as the GBB bars so I tend to give them my patronage for my craft brew fix. Were you drinking anything special?

Nah I was just drinking their own porter and pale ale, both quite tasty. Outside of their own stuff, I wouldn't be that bothered with Sweetmans, other places definitely have a better range.

• Advertisement

I've not been in JP sweetmans in ages, I remember their red ale was really nice. Hmm, who's going to Kamelot here?

Nah I was just drinking their own porter and pale ale, both quite tasty. Outside of their own stuff, I wouldn't be that bothered with Sweetmans, other places definitely have a better range.

I'm a fervent Porter drinker but their porter doesn't tickle the aul tastebuds at all.
    Links234 wrote: »
    who's going to Kamelot here?

Yup.

I'm hoping to head for Kamelot. Pints? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Won't be going - heading to Limerick for wedding planning stuff on the weekend that they're in London. Hoping to make it to Ensiferum, Blind Guardian and Sonata Arctica though.

That's still some great gigs Kirby ;)

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »
    I'm hoping to head for Kamelot. Pints? ;)

Ah sure why not. ;) I'm actually looking forward to seeing Tommy Karevik perform live.

Me too. He's had some big shoes to fill after Roy Khan, but he managed extremely well on Silverthorn.

Such a pity Khan isn't singing any more

Evening folks?

Good monday all round? :D

I played some badminton, very exciting :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I went swimming this evening, then watched the Superb Owl that we recorded last night for the sake of a decent night's sleep!

Oooh, fun! :D

I got back on track with some study ;)

it's always interesting seeing things about metal in other parts of the world

Anybody check out the new Moonspell album? Currently giving it a listen.

Moonspell-Extinct-620x615.jpg

It's streaming here.

Hey folks, how goes it today? ;)

Grand but I'm freezing! Ran out of oil :(. Off to Belfast tomorrow for the weekend for a hen party....I'd be more excited if I had more than £30 in my bank account :/. How are you? :)

• Advertisement

Sucks to be cold :(

I'm not too bad, but this cough/cold/whatever is still lingering on.

Hey folks, quiet in here. How's everyone's weekend been?

I watched The Raid this morning, t'was awesome ;)

I drank all the beer, twas a good weekend :)

What were ye drinkin'? I had a few pints of Rascal's Ginger Porter and a Breakfast Stout they had on draught in Against The Grain. Man, they were tasty.

Nothing great I'm afraid, wasn't anywhere known for their beer selection. Most exciting was a bottle of Dungarvan blackrock stout :pac:

Haven't been ATG in far too long :(

Lots of alcohol. Lots of food. Lots of craic. Great weekend for my friend's hen party :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I see the Grammys sniggering at Rock&Metal again awarding Tenacious D cover of a Dio song their best Rock&Metal performance, should have that category scrapped.

Yeah i saw that, I love Tenacious D but thats fairly ridiculous.

Mastodon took the piss in fairness :p

http://www.metalinjection.net/gossip/so-mastodons-brent-hinds-got-kicked-out-the-grammys-last-night

When have the Grammy's ever been right? I mean, come on! Beck winning best album over Beyonce?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Yeah i saw that, I love Tenacious D but thats fairly ridiculous.

Mastodon took the piss in fairness :p

http://www.metalinjection.net/gossip/so-mastodons-brent-hinds-got-kicked-out-the-grammys-last-night

Yeah so do I last album was horrible, Dio himself was never nominated but 2 cover songs of him nominated (Anthax cover of Black Sabbath Neon Knights also nominated) here.

Brent Hinds :D

Had a quick look at it to see how AC/DC got on is all.

Does Beyonce write her own songs?

Advertisement