Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Awful quiet in here!
    Does Beyonce write her own songs?

She does write as far as I know, though she has a team of writers and producers to help as well.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

A wee bit alright

How are you ScienceNerd? Up to anything interesting lately?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'm alright, been quite busy with work, have a lot of writing to do so it's eating into my spare time. Haven't turned on my playstation in weeks! And still have that homebrew kit to set up :o

How's things with you links? How's the missus getting on?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Ah she seems to be doing alright! I've been hacking away with a nasty cold for a while, but it finally seems to have let up. I was completely out of it, but finally got my energy back the last few days, I've been bouncing off the walls :D Actually been doing next to nothing lately, but on the plus side, I've been saving some moneys! Plans are coming together for me to maybe pay a visit to herself once she hits the US. So I'll need all the cash I can scrounge up between then and now. Plus Dir En Grey in London!!! :eek: Definitely gonna go see them! :D

It's looking like it'll be an eventful year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I've spent my day planning out my Dir en grey European tour :pac:. Hitting up Berlin, Dortmund, London, Paris and Eindhoven, all being well (i.e. tickets not selling out before I buy them haha). I'm in my element :D.

• Advertisement

Sweet zombie Jesus Rei, that's dedication! :eek:

Are you hitting up both days in London? I dunno which day I'll be going but might see you there!

Yeah, going both nights! I couldn't go just the one :P. We should try and meet up :D.They are also playing Minsk and Warsaw and I was soooo tempted as I've never been to Belarus but swore I'd never be back in Warsaw after seeing them there in 2009. Awful kip.

I think I'll only be doing one night myself. I could never imagine following a band on tour, what's that even like?

Exhausting but a hell of a lot of fun :D. Bouncing from one place to the next and running on pure adrenaline at times. Being with your friends, seeing your favourite band and going to cities you might not even go to otherwise. I love it :).

But is it not the same show every night?

• Advertisement

The setlists rotate but I would never say their shows are all the same. There will never be a show like Berlin again or the second night in Paris again. And both shows had completely different vibes. Berlin was ridiculously happy (somehow) and in Paris everyone was crying at the end. If I saw them and felt once you've seen them that's it then I wouldn't bother :P

I dunno, there's some bands I've seen a few times, like Opeth. Amazing the first time but after the last, I'd just never see them again, they bored more to tears. It's just not something I could see myself doing.

The first and only time I saw Opeth it bored me to tears lol :P. Some bands I'd see again and others I have no desire to at all. Like Metallica. Great live but I get the impression once you've seen them then you have experienced it all with them.

Yeah, Maiden is the same, saw them a few times and they're much the same. Still very enjoyable and didn't bore me like Opeth did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Got excited when I saw that Dir en Grey were playing in London. Then saw the date - the first date is on my wedding day :pac:

Well there's still the second night :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm still going to be hungover in Limerick then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

happy_friday_the_13th_by_aspellgoof-d3g89o0.png

Hope you all have a Spooky Wooky one! :pac:

Got excited when I saw that Dir en Grey were playing in London. Then saw the date - the first date is on my wedding day :pac:

Oh no! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Enslaved + Grand Magus at the Button Factory. :eek: Co-Headline show. Both outstanding live bands.

• Advertisement

Nice! Enslaved were incredible last time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Grand Magus were fantastic in the Voodoo Lounge last year too. Really like this line-up.

I've had a mild cold all week and since about 4pm my health has taken a nosedive :(. I think it's turning into a chest infection. Lucky me!

Oh god, so much of that going around. I've got an awful cold for weeks now, still hacking up phlegm :o

Hope it's not gonna be too bad

I haven't been able to sleep as my nose has been so stuffy so that won't have helped me. Now I have a bit of a fever, a headache, coughing a bit more and that heavy feeling in my chest. Here's hoping it fecks off! My neighbour had it and was sick for two weeks with it. I'll never cope, cant handle being sick at all. Should have heard me two years ago when I had the flu :P

Tell me about it, I had awful sinus pain as well, and I just had no energy... just completely drained. My mum's been sick as well, but she's had it worse, she needed steroids even. She seems to be doing a lot better now.

First valentines day in a long while I've not spent with herself :(

Fierce quiet in here as of late, what gives?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

we all succumbed to the zombies.

If that were true, wouldn't all you could type be "Itchy... Tasty..."?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Been pretty busy lately. Not having much time to drop by and post. Will only last a few more weeks at least!

Advertisement