Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Best of luck, Rei.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Good luck Rei!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Put the headphones on and listen to this on your way to the interview and the job will be yours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Thanks everyone :). I'm not nervous yet but will likely be bricking it before I go in :O.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

You'll be grand for your interview :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

All my bones crossed for you, Reik :):)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Hope it goes well Rei :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Thanks everyone! On my way now. Of course the bus was 15 minutes late and as it stands I'll need to run when I get off it....good old Translink.

Made it with about 3 minutes to spare :P. I think it went well! I wasn't all flustered so I was able to answer well. I'll know in a couple of days :).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Hope you got it Reiketsu;)

• Advertisement

Haven't heard a thing so I'm assuming it's a no :(. Oh well!

How is everyone? :)

Reiketsu wrote: »
    How is everyone? :)

Grand, and yourself? Any plans for the weekend?

I'm good thanks! Same crap different day lol :P. I'll be going to stay at my mum's for the weekend but that's it. Some drinks and a nice Easter dinner. What about you?

Sounds like a festive feast. :) I shall be whetting my proverbial whistle by imbibing some crafty beverages and maybe go to a gig in the Gypsy Rose. I'm sure I'll think of other stuff to do as well. :D

Hey folks ;)

Been busy auld time for me, just back from yet another hospital appointment, trying to sort out what's wrong with me :o

Stressed out to hell because the trip to the states is still kinda up in the air to a degree :(

Aww Links :(. Hope they figure it out! I just get fobbed off with the old IBS diagnosis any time I go to the doctor so I have just given up. Guess I'll just spend my life playing Russian roulette every time I eat :P.

Sure, come to Dir en grey :pac:

nah, I'm trying to make the trip to the states work, as much as I'm not happy about missing Diru I seriously want to go to stateside

fingers crossed it'll work out ;)

Fingers crossed :D. I'm in the process of booking travel for their EU tour...almost done. I leave on May 19th and back home on the 28th. Really can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Cannot wait for my long weekend, am absolutely wrecked in work today and I'd love to crawl under my desk for a little snooze! Hopefully a decent lie-in tomorrow morning!

Starting to get excited too about Blind Guardian... only 10 days to go :D

I went to bed last night all excited as my daughter's school is closed now for Easter. No getting up at 8am, no setting an alarm....

......woke up at 8am :(

• Advertisement

Reiketsu wrote: »
    I went to bed last night all excited as my daughter's school is closed now for Easter. No getting up at 8am, no setting an alarm....

......woke up at 8am :(

Crap :o

Starting to get excited too about Blind Guardian... only 10 days to go :D

Nice! Speaking of which, have they ever played over here? Power Metal fans get little regard when it comes to international bands.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Passenger wrote: »
    Nice! Speaking of which, have they ever played over here? Power Metal fans get little regard when it comes to international bands.

Played here in 2006 I think. Literally a week later I heard them for the first time :o Friend gave me a copy of Imaginations, A Night at the Opera and Follow the Blind. Couldn't believe I'd just missed them.

Every tour I hope they come back and they keep disappointing :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Played here in 2006 I think. Literally a week later I heard them for the first time :o Friend gave me a copy of Imaginations, A Night at the Opera and Follow the Blind. Couldn't believe I'd just missed them.

Every tour I hope they come back and they keep disappointing :(

Usual story with PM bands. Think DME say that there just isn't an audience for it to make it financially viable as you'd need a decent crowd in a good sized venue to justify the costs.

Funny story, I've been spring cleaning, found my ticket from that Blind Guardian show signed by Hansi :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Don't listen to much Power metal, I think the only one I'd listen to even semi-regularly would be Kamelot. Even then, it's mainly The Black Halo album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

After traipsing from a ****ty old man pub dolled up for women with 4 Euro wine, to a trendy "traditional" bar with decent coffee I ended up in a rock bar I enjoyed before. I sat and drank and read and when the owner asked me if I was writing a book and I told him I was writing poems he said he'd bring me in a book of Phil Lynotts poetry to read. I just. Googled the book, it's old rare and expensive. A lovely pub and owner.

That sounds pretty awesome Lyaiera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Yeah, it was so nice. The place was really gentle. If I was anywhere else I can't imagine I would have had the strength to say, "I'm writing poems." But he didn't skip a beat and was into it talking about showing me rock poems.

• Advertisement

Rock bars can be some of the nicest places :D

Advertisement