Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

How goes it everyone? How's your weekend going? :D

Went to see Crimson Peak last night with a few friends. It was only okay, unfortunately. Quite disappointed. Have a busy week ahead of me between Halloween and getting organised for Dir en grey's North America tour just after it! Read some concerning news about their guitar Kaoru though. He can physically no longer hold onto a guitar pick and has resorted to taping it to his fingers :(. Loose ligaments and nerve paralysis. Apparently it can be cured but it's a slow process.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Got a ticket for Machine Head's An Evening With show in Dublin next March :D, first time seeing them live as well :D, ****IN' A it'll be amazing :D

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Got a ticket for Machine Head's An Evening With show in Dublin next March :D, first time seeing them live as well :D, ****IN' A it'll be amazing :D

Ah sweet :D. They are playing Belfast as well but I might be in Germany so I've held off looking for a ticket at the moment. I've never seen them either myself.

Reiketsu wrote: »
    Ah sweet :D. They are playing Belfast as well but I might be in Germany so I've held off looking for a ticket at the moment. I've never seen them either myself.

Yup, it's still 6 months away, but knowing i'll be literally within high fiving distance of Robb Flynn/entire band :D, would love to have done Dublin & Belfast, but Dublin is closer, plus i have other commitments :pac:, also definitely gonna hang around the Olympia before/after the show just in case :D, camera & notebook and marker in hand.. I'm such a fan boy :D... Following a band on tour round Europe next year i assume?? If ya can, try and get a Machine Head ticket, i can guarantee, you will not regret it.

Good luck with meeting them :D. Well I'm thinking of attending a wee one day festival in Oberhausen called E-Tropolis. It's an industrial/synth pop/EBM festival. Depends if I can get someone to come with me and if not then Machine Head it is :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hey folks ;)

Damn, I seriously want to see Crimson Peak, was going to go last week, but didn't have the scratch. Hopefully this week we'll catch it, I'm a big fan of Del Toro.

Don't get me wrong, it's still worth a watch and it looks stunning but I was hoping for a bit more from it :(

Ah I'm still going to see it one way or another :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Saw them here in Christchurch a few months back. It was epic. I actually paid an extra 100 bucks for a meet and great. Sound bunch of lads. Got to have a good chat with all of them.
    So Ive met Machine Head, Pepper Keenan and most of Corrosion of Conformity and Dave Grohl. Just missed Vinnie Paul a few weeks ago and Im hoping to meet Zakk Wylde when I go to see Black Label Society in a few weeks. Its been good so far!!

They usually do meet & greet before the show, but nothing announced for Dublin :(, gonna hang around the venue after the show :D

Kinda jealous you got to meet Dave Grohl and Pepper Keenan.. Even better if you get to meet Zakk Wylde, i envy you good sir..

• Advertisement

So, anyone up to anything spooky for Halloween?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Haven't a clue what I'm doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Links234 wrote: »

You know I'd actually love to do something in the spirit of Halloween this year, as I haven't done much the last couple. Have no idea what though :P

Anyone got any good scary movie suggestions? New or classic. Just good Halloween ones

I'm not really up to much, been playing some spooky games :pac: might watch some movies myself.

Yeah Somnus, anything you had in mind? Because if you want some supremely creepy Asian horror I got a few suggestions up my sleeve. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Haha, I don't actually have anything in mind. I wouldn't be a huge horror movie fan, but my girlfriend loves them.

Probably be watching it with her and my two other housemates. Feel free to make some suggestions and I'll check them out at least!

Check out A Tale Of Two Sisters, awesome movie :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Children of Bodom's Follow the Reaper album is 15 years old today, mad it's been that long.

Links234 wrote: »

I'll just be going out with some friends to the bar for drinks :D. Nothing special but its been a while since the whole gang was together for a good drink so I'm looking forward to it. Afternoon pints with dad first though. Check out the town. Derry is fantastic on Halloween :).

I've heard good things about Derry on Halloween alright, enjoy yourself ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks Links, I'm sure I will. Sunday however.....:D

Yeah, I know the feeling. I don't drink much these days, so tend to avoid hungovering :p

I just need to sniff booze and I'm hungover lol :( But I don't go out every weekend now so suffering is kept to a minimum :pac:

I can manage 2 or 3 drinks, and I'm good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

I was in derry for hallowenn last year, it was good but I didn't think it was amazing, that said Derry is always a good spot for a night out

I'm the type to stay in, play (sometimes spooky) games, and watch horror movies :D

Watched Tucker & Dale vs. Evil last night.

Well I'm not as hungover today as I managed :D. Going to buy myself a Sunday dinner as I can't face cooking lol. Then later I'll start getting organised to leave tomorrow!

Maybe the hangover hasn't kicked in yet? :p

Haha I woke up at 8am originally feeling like death and had a couple more hours of sleep and felt a good bit better so think I've avoided a bad one. Hurrah :D

• Advertisement

That's a relief. ;)

I didn't drink enough to give me a hangover thankfully.

Advertisement