Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Aw I had too much lol, was a bit worse for wear on the way home :O. Only spent £20 though! Not sure what that sorcery is but I'll take it.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I had a single bottle of beer, a very tame night for me :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I had some homebrew and a Dark Star espresso stout, was lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,857 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

going on my first flight to manchester to see motley crue on tuesday.

pray for me

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

You'll be grand, just bring lots of sweets to suck on during takeoff, and same again for landing..

• Advertisement

Aw you'll be grand! Bet once you get that first flight under your belt there will be no stopping you :D.

Getting ready to go to the airport myself. I've barely slept, it's like Christmas!

Speaking of Christmas, woo! We can now officially be excited about Christmas now that Halloween is over. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

No, we can't.

Yes we can! :D

Oh my god, turkey and stuffing, rum-ham, mulled wine and I can finally drink my mead, and presents and mince pies, oh my god I'd eat mince pies the year round if they were available, and lovely crisp winter weather, and everything's awesome! :D

Except when you've heard Fairytale of New York for the 4th time in the space of an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

You can, we (collectively) cannot. People getting excited about Christmas now is exactly why I hate the holiday.

Links234 wrote: »

No, it's November.

I've been excited about Christmas since September :)

I actually don't remember the last time I really looked forward to Christmas to be honest. Not since I was a kid probably.

Now I look forward to it about as much as I'd look forward to a colonoscopy.

I know there's probably no winning you over, Angron, but even so would you care for a drop of my christmas mead? :D

...maybe. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Links234 wrote: »
    I've been excited about Christmas since September :)

Get out.

Ah, forgot you're mod now. Bollocks...

I'll be excited about Christmas when I get home in two weeks time and start shopping :D.

Free WiFi on this flight, cant wait for my next one to JFK. Boeing 787 Dreamliner, I may never want to be on any other kind of plane afterwards :pac:

Christmas is great and I really enjoy from about halfway through December til New years. In November it's just tedious.

My girlfriend is the worst offender for this :o

787 you say? Nice. When I took an internal flight in the states, it was a very rickety little thingie we were on.

You're heading to Seattle, right?

• Advertisement

I'm heading to San Francisco to start with. Stopping over and staying near JFK for the night before flying there tomorrow morning. I'll not know if I'm coming or going :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

We had a 20+ year old 747 for the SFO-LHR leg when I was coming home from my honeymoon. Overhead in-flight entertainment screens and no power sockets in the seats, not an experience I wish to repeat any time soon! Also didn't get a wink of sleep during the flight and it was getting into Heathrow at 7am. Bleurgle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

My trip last year to Vegas was horrible. Bad weather meant I missed my connection at JFK and had a 14 hour overnight wait by myself in the airport. All shops closed at midnight so the only sustenance I had was water fountains. Plane was supposed to have USB power ports but it ended up being the first 6 rows only, so my battery died after 30 mins. There was in-flight entertainment, but I couldn't figure out how to use it and was too embarrassed to ask. Over 4 uncomfortable hours of being unable to sleep later, I figured out how it worked, but the plane had begun it's descent by then :mad:

but I couldn't figure out how to use it and was too embarrassed to ask.

I was flying Bangkok - Frankfurt during the summer and when they dimmed the lights so people could sleep I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to turn on the reading lamp. Used the light from my screen for ages before I realised the control was in the screen itself :o

Only kinda bad flight I had was one to Paris where the airline managed to lose our luggage. Most interesting one was one where I ended up beside Kenny Cunningham.

On the way back from San Fran, lady in the seat infront of me let her seat back and hit my knees, I asked her to put it back up explaining that she was hurting me, so she did but then thought she was being sneaky when she just kept letting it back bit by bit again until it was squashing against my knees again. It was a painful flight, and my knees were quite sore for weeks afterwards. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

^ Special place in hell for people who do that! My husband is around 6'0" but has quite long legs, long flights are the one time I let him away with manspreading because I'm a shortarse and it's more comfortable if he takes some of my space...

I think public transport just isn't built with taller individuals in mind. Knee space in buses is as bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,857 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Loved the flights over. It's a thrill to be up that high and to see a different country

The hotel was a kip and unlike Dublin Manchester is not very compact and the tram system is slow enough

What a year of gig's for me slipknot, Fleetwood Mac, Acdc, the darkness, motley crue And u2 and def Lepperd to come. At 25 my bucket list will end so I guess it's time to find a wife in 2016 lol

• Advertisement

I'm in the air somewhere over Illinois :D. Horrid jet lag though. Felt awful last night and this morning but I'm coming round a bit..Only to be going another 3 hours backwards again but at least its during the day. Dir en grey tonight at the other side though!

Advertisement