Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Now im at a loss as to who to vote for in the AOTW!!
    Let's fix it so Kess's votes for Sisters of Mercy don't win :p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Malice wrote: »
    Haha what did he do to you then!

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Haha what did he do to you then!
    Nothing yet, it was just the first thing that popped into my head ;).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

24423380.jpg

• Advertisement

QjQAY.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Jemmaa wrote: »

Great pictures. That is some collection. Cool to have the little bits of info on the different guitars and such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Look at the Michael Angelo Batio set up in the centre of the big wall, a hugh purple hard as the body... Cheesy as fuck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I need the help of metal peoples!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehsl1bpEInQ&t=1m21s

That's a link to The Exorcist by Possessed, at a certain point. I know some other band has used this exact riff but for the life of me I can't remember who. I've been trying to think of it all week, anyone able to put me out of my misery? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Watching the Olympic closing ceremony thing last night and the celebration of 50 years British music, etc., and some part of me hoped that acknowledgement would be made as to the huge contribution classic British metal has made to modern music. Nothing. An entire genre written out of the story. Not surprising given that folks into metal encounter the same on a regular basis. Sad though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was surprised by just how bad Jessie J singing "We Will Rock You" was.

I lasted about half an hour watching it. Once that woman who sang the first song re-appeared I'd had enough.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Jessie J singing with Brian May.... That was pretty unforgivable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Links234 wrote: »
    Weird al shreds

Totally got me :P

raQi9.png

logos.jpg

Anyone know what the one on the bottom left is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,629 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Anyone know what the one on the bottom left is?

450px-Clay_Aiken_Merrillville_05-08-23.jpg

(i think)

I've no idea who he is but it's "Clay Aiken" according to the image filename so that's good enough for me :).

• Advertisement

Well if this post was anything to go by, Clay Aiken is too brütal for you, but not brütal enough for me

Ah but if you were properly brutal you'd have spelt it br00tal instead of using the dated 80's metal umlaut :p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

So I see there's a shiny new Classic Rock forum now.

And in other news, it seems the regular R/M poster Jemmaa has closed her a/c :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

xerces wrote: »
    So I see there's a shiny new Classic Rock forum now.

And in other news, it seems the regular R/M poster Jemmaa has closed her a/c :-(

On the first point.. we already have a rock forum, I predict that forum will die a slow death.

Second point - Lets all have a celebratory beer (jokes)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I'm not sure if this classic rock forum is sitting right with me just because discussion of the genres that I like are going to be split over these two forums now.

Can we still post about classic rock stuff here, or will it be shipped off to the other fourm?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Shame to see Jemmaa gone, that's 3 people I talked to regularly enough close their accounts in a few weeks.

With regard to the new Classic Rock forum, as far as I'm concerned this forum will continue to operate in exactly the same way. The new forum was created by an admin who doesn't post in this forum, who refused my repeated attempts to meet in the middle to see how we could make this forum more rock-friendly, who refused to acknowledge the opinions of the users of this forum, who declined to provide any sort of guidance on whether this forum should become metal only and who even repeatedly refused to properly define Classic Rock as a genre.
    Denny M wrote: »
    Shame to see Jemmaa gone, that's 3 people I talked to regularly enough close their accounts in a few weeks.
    Okay, whatever you're saying to this people please stop! :p
    Out of curiosity, who else has closed their accounts?

speaking of classic rock, here's some boc :)

With regard to the new Classic Rock forum, as far as I'm concerned this forum will continue to operate in exactly the same way. The new forum was created by an admin who doesn't post in this forum, who refused my repeated attempts to meet in the middle to see how we could make this forum more rock-friendly, who refused to acknowledge the opinions of the users of this forum, who declined to provide any sort of guidance on whether this forum should become metal only and who even repeatedly refused to properly define Classic Rock as a genre.

Okay, whatever you're saying to this people please stop! :p
    Out of curiosity, who else has closed their accounts?
    :pac:

Leeg17 and Jammstar, I talked to them a bit on the nocturnal forum.

• Advertisement

Denny M wrote: »
    :pac:

Leeg17 and Jammstar, I talked to them a bit on the nocturnal forum.

Noticed this too. He organised the fantasy league in the MMA forum. Damn him!

Advertisement