Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Links234 wrote: »
    Not sure, but I'm a fan of Meshuggah ;)

That's what I said. :P

Fredrik Thordendal is what I should've said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

couldn't help taking the piss a little :p

I dunno though, it's not that the guitar would've only been for a certain sound, I just had trouble finding the strings and it would probably take a lot of getting used to. it was definitely a lot of fun to play around with though :D make the drums in the shop rattle

so, how's everyone today?

I got my Undivide albums in the post today, but trying to rip them, the software was convinced it was some 80's religious album called undivided :p some of the song titles were hilarious, like "camp meeting tonight" :pac: if that didn't tip me off that something was off then the album cover definitely had it covered:

1524515.jpg

The Voodoo Lounge is opening back up again. Anybody remember attending gigs there? It was a decent venue but with The Pint also open and catering for a similar crowd will it be a success?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

so, how's everyone today?
    Knackered :p Stupid Mondays
    Passenger wrote: »
    The Voodoo Lounge is opening back up again. Anybody remember attending gigs there? It was a decent venue but with The Pint also open and catering for a similar crowd will it be a success?

Was there a couple of times when I was about 16/17, be interesting to see if they can get some decent acts in.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I've been having a decent enough Monday ;) I think this week should be good, been too stressed the last week.

I saw Green Carnation in the Voodoo ages back, and I think I saw someone else play there but can't remember? I thought it was a better venue than the pint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Saw Exodus there are few years ago. Would be miles better than the pint, least you could see the band! 2 meters from the stage in the pint & you can't see a stem.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I've been having a decent enough Monday ;) I think this week should be good, been too stressed the last week.

Had 3 hours of demonstrating to undergrads today, so I have to catch up on my actual work tomorrow :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Saw Exodus there are few years ago. Would be miles better than the pint, least you could see the band! 2 meters from the stage in the pint & you can't see a stem.

Glad someone else said it, I can't stand the Pint!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm grand with the Pint, though I'm usually tall enough to see the bands anyway :P

Glad someone else said it, I can't stand the Pint!

The Pint is a good venue. It's just the stage that needs to be higher so the crowd can see the musicians play their instruments.

I guess I'm still in the minority of Pint dislikers :o

screw you guys! :p

new Game of Thrones to watch later on though, exciting :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I guess I'm still in the minority of Pint dislikers :o

screw you guys! :p

new Game of Thrones to watch later on though, exciting :D
    It's not that I'm a fan of it, it's more that I'll take it cause it's what's going. I preferred Whelan's tbh, and those are the two places most of my concerts are.

Angron wrote: »
    It's not that I'm a fan of it, it's more that I'll take it cause it's what's going. I preferred Whelan's tbh, and those are the two places most of my concerts are.

Aye, well if the Voodoo Lounge can get re-established it might be good for competition anyway.

P.S. Did you change your username? You were Denny M?? :eek:

I remember seeing Nevermore in Whelans :D

Aye, well if the Voodoo Lounge can get re-established it might be good for competition anyway.

P.S. Did you change your username? You were Denny M?? :eek:
    Yup, that's me.

I remember seeing Nevermore in Whelans :D

One band I would love to see live.

they were fantastic ;)

• Advertisement

they were fantastic ;)

Hopefully they'll reform and tour here again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Is this by any chance where you take your name?

What i think of anyway.

Angron wrote: »
    Yup, that's me.

Cool. What's the process for changing it, do you just request it from the powers that be? You kinda get used to people's usernames that when they change it you usually assume it's a new user unless you're of an observant nature. ;)

Cool. What's the process for changing it, do you just request it from the powers that be? You kinda get used to people's usernames that when they change it you usually assume it's a new user unless you're of an observant nature. ;)
    You have to get a sub, and then you can request it in the Subscribers forum, or at least that's how I went about it.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Is this by any chance where you take your name? What i think of anyway.

I did take it from a song alright but I won't say which one. ;)

no medals for guessing where I got my name :p

I've not got any of Jeff Loomis's solo stuff, but was listening to some of it on youtube and wow, it's good :eek:

no medals for guessing where I got my name :p

I've not got any of Jeff Loomis's solo stuff, but was listening to some of it on youtube and wow, it's good :eek:

Aye, was about to recommend his stuff alright. He's an excellent musician. Did you go see him in The Pint a few months ago?

That's a negative, I have to travel from Galway for gigs so I kinda just manage to go to ones I can afford, so it sucks that I miss out on a fair bit.

Just look at those fingers move around the fretboard. :eek:

• Advertisement

That's a negative, I have to travel from Galway for gigs so I kinda just manage to go to ones I can afford, so it sucks that I miss out on a fair bit.

Ah. Suppose a band would have to really peak your interest to travel to see them.

Advertisement