Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Hypocrisy in the Button Factory on Wednesday should be good. pity I can't make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Aye, weekday gigs are never as enjoyable as weekend gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Don't think I'll be at any of them myself, but Devin Townsend is looking likely ;)

Michael Schenker is playing on Monday 22nd as well. So many good gigs coming up.

Had to google who that was, guess it's someone else I wouldn't like? :p

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »
    Had to google who that was, guess it's someone else I wouldn't like? :p

You don't like the Scorpion's?

Never listened to them before

German Classic Rock band. Michael Schenker is a member. You would've heard the song 'Wind of Change'. It was a big hit in the early 90's.

He was also in the band UFO.

morning everyone :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ello ello.

• Advertisement

Ello to you too Angron ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

How's it going?

not too bad, gonna pull myself together and take the dog out, hopefully the weather won't be too horrible today ;)

You may be hoping for a lot there :pac: Yesterday was awful, at points it was raining sideways where I was.

maybe but it's looking nice at the moment ;)

better get off my ass and stop reading reddit, or it'll be night before I take the dog out. :pac:

I was never a fan of reddit, never got the big deal about it I guess.

I love it, but I guess the format takes a while to get used to at first. or at least that's what initially put me off, I didn't quite get how it worked.

Looking forward to this weekend, going to see the WWE in the O2 on Friday :D

Oooh, WWE :D

not my scene but I'd say that'd be a pretty cool show ;) I probably know a few people who'd be going to that.

sitting here with guitar parts thrown all over my desk, trying to fix up a guitar for my sister atm

Yeah, it'll be the first time I've gone in around 8 years (when I was last at it, Chris Benoit was wrestling, and was the US champion).

What sort of guitar are you working on?

• Advertisement

old BC Rich with a floyd rose that's gone wibbly and can't seem to stay in tune, so I'm opening it up and adjusting the springs hopefully that'll sort it out ;)

Picked up the guitar again the other day. Had to re-tune it and give it an aul clean. It had been collecting dust for the last while.

mine's kept in the case under the bed because I don't really have the space to leave it out, but back home I used to have it on a stand and oh hell, it was like a dust magnet! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Passenger wrote: »
    Anybody heading up to see Black Sabbath in Belfast?

Got myself, the best friend and her little brother tickets.

Seen them at Download last year, but kinda figure it maybe the little brothers final shot at seeing them :o

Standing tickets are sold out it appears. Are you standing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Passenger wrote: »
    Standing tickets are sold out it appears. Are you standing?

Ya, got three standing tickets.

Was a bit of a queue the morning buying them.

Don't think I'd bother attending if I had to sit at a gig like that tbh. Especially if everyone I know is standing.

I don't mind seating so much, we were seated for Rush and it was still one of the best shows I've ever been at ;)

Oh absolutely. I went to see Kiss and was seated and it was an outstanding gig. But the fact of sitting on yer tobler while everybody is in the standing section.

• Advertisement

I was standing at Kiss :p

Advertisement