Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Did you mean this forum, xerces?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Links234 wrote: »
    not really bruised up passenger ;) (as I went to type that, my fingers seemed to spell your name passgenger :p )

Ah that's good anyway. Bruising after the needle sometimes happens. :)

When you post in some forums, the post count doesn't change. Is that intentional, Links?

Passenger wrote: »
    Ah that's good anyway. Bruising after the needle sometimes happens. :)

Yeah, but even then I've had worse... got one of my monthly implant syringes that went through a nerve once, it hurt like hell and it was like a burning sensation. I don't wish those injections on anyone at the best of times, but hitting the nerve was insane :eek: nerve pain sucks

When you post in some forums, the post count doesn't change. Is that intentional, Links?
    as far as I know, posts in places like Personal Issues don't add to your post count, there's a few others. I don't know why though

• Advertisement

Yeah, but even then I've had worse... got one of my monthly implant syringes that went through a nerve once, it hurt like hell and it was like a burning sensation. I don't wish those injections on anyone at the best of times, but hitting the nerve was insane :eek: nerve pain sucks

Yowza! :eek: Too much information there, Links. ;)
    as far as I know, posts in places like Personal Issues don't add to your post count, there's a few others. I don't know why though

Aye, it was the Puzzles & Quizzes forum. Maybe forums like that are a haven for people just trying to up their post count. Like the Song Title Game thread.

hehe I've not given you anywhere neat too much info yet :p

but yeah, that makes sense about the puzzles and quizzes forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Ah yes, that's the one I can access. I take it there is also a separate private forum that you moderate :-)

That's cool, if I have any questions I'll pm you or create a thread in the forum I'm able to access.

Also, WOO HOO! :D

I'm gonna have this framed:

NjoKABJl.jpg

(click for full size)

now all I need is a frame :)
    Spot the fangirl :D

Nice one, Links. :)

Bottom left?

• Advertisement

that's one of my boots just edging into view

so, gotta ask, how'd you get on listening to those Versailles tracks the other day Passenger?

so, gotta ask, how'd you get on listening to those Versailles tracks the other day Passenger?

Didn't I say?!
    I think they are technically proficient musicians and they have a very theatrical onstage presence with the costumes but I think I preferred the studio versions of the songs. Or maybe that's just the second album? Is the whole androgynous look a part of their schtick or are they like that off stage too?

While I appreciate them as talented musicians and love neo-classical/power metal, Galneryus are probably the best from Japan that I've heard.

You probably already know them or do you? :) Here's some vids.

Didn't I say?!

My bad :o didn't think you had actually listened to them then for some reason :p
    You probably already know them or do you? :)

I do, but you know I lost track of them since they got the new singer. I didn't think he was as good as the other guy, but I must listen to some of their later stuff.

Did you know Leda of Deluhi/Undivide used to play bass with them? it's how I got into Deluhi in the first place ;) that's him in this video:

My bad :o didn't think you had actually listened to them then for some reason :p

I listened to every video when you posted them. :) Apologies if my review wasn't particularly comprehensive. :pac:
    Did you know Leda of Deluhi/Undivide used to play bass with them? it's how I got into Deluhi in the first place ;)

I only know Deluhi from what you post in the Now Listening To... thread. Must gives some of their albums a proper gander. Do you recommend anything in particular?

And that video for New Legend is proper Power Metal. :D

no problem

Deluhi are a bit odd as they've had a huge amount of singles, an EP, but only one album Yggdalive, and an album where they updated a load of songs which is sort of a best of I guess called Vandalism.

I'd just go for Vandalism if you wanted an introduction, it's absolutely fantastic.

Leda's new project Undivide is pretty cool too:

also I really wanna get Leda's guitar DVD :)

and also his guitar :pac:

Nice one, Links. Basically start anywhere with their discography then?! :D The Frontier video is a pretty rockin' performance. Though the Bass player has this contrived look of nonchalance throughout the video. How hard is it to play the instrument properly?! :cool: Not convinced with Undivide however.

also I really wanna get Leda's guitar DVD :)

and also his guitar :pac:

Can you speak or understand Japanese?

yeah I much prefer Deluhi, Undivide is great but much more mechanical and technical sounding a lot of the time. compare it to the melody in this track:

I can't speak half enough Japanese as I probably should at this point :p

• Advertisement

Also, WOO HOO! :D

I'm gonna have this framed:

Nice one Links, I must give Versaille a listen some time. I know what it's like to get excited about a poster, I had this framed recently:

img03951b.jpg

Between that and my choice of avatar, I realise I've become a full-blown Rockstar Games fanboy :eek:.

Nice one, Xerces. What did you think of the box art?

my girlfriend has an Amon Amarth poster she wants framed, I might get a frame for her if it fits mine :D

Nice one, Xerces. What did you think of the box art?

I like it, it's consistent with previous GTA releases. Trevor's ugly mug to the right of the GTAV logo spoils it a little though I think! It's interesting Franklin's dog 'Chop' is on the cover, I reckon he'll be some sort of controllable sidekick.

My favourite is the San Andreas box art.

glorious morning for once! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

My tickets for The Gazette arrived from Paris yesterday. \0/
    Happy. :D

Saw Rammstein in Barcelona last Sunday night and as usual, they were superb.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    My tickets for The Gazette arrived from Paris yesterday. \0/
    Happy. :D

Saw Rammstein in Barcelona last Sunday night and as usual, they were superb.

sometimes I wonder if you just want to make me stew with jealousy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

sometimes I wonder if you just want to make me stew with jealousy :pac:

Would it comfort you at all to know that I thought of you when they played Links?

• Advertisement

I'm currently trying to wrap my head around modes, and getting to grip with Dorian. who knew playing guitar would be some complicated? :pac:
    Beruthiel wrote: »
    Would it comfort you at all to know that I thought of you when they played Links?
    a little ;)

Advertisement