Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

xerces wrote: »
    *GTA V poster*

Between that and my choice of avatar, I realise I've become a full-blown Rockstar Games fanboy :eek:.
    You jammy fecker! I want one, how did you get it, went into the shop and asked?? Because I see it's one of the "COMING SPRING 2013" posters, and is therefore useless to video game stores now.

I know what you mean about you becoming a R* fanboy though, because I'm the same, everything they've ever release I had to have, even the R* port of the original Max Payne game to iOS I simply couldn't go without buying it, but the Max Payne series is class anyway so you can't go wrong there.

And the first one they'd developed last year, Max Payne 3 only improved the series; replayed it directly after finishing it the first time round and I rarely do that! R* never failed to impress, I can't think of one game they'd developed in which I was disappointed with.

Feck, all this talk is making want to play RDR again, but I can't!!! :mad: :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Been meaning to check out Max Payne 3. Rockstar have a pretty high standard with their output. You know what you're getting when you part with your spondulicks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

speaking of games, I really wanna get that Dishonored DLC

you guys played Dishonored at all? wonderful game

Not really much of a gamer tbh. The last game I played was Read Dead Redemption, which was by all intents and purposes, a masterpiece.

Passenger wrote: »
    Been meaning to check out Max Payne 3. Rockstar have a pretty high standard with their output. You know what you're getting when you part with your spondulicks.
    Exactomundo dude! And I can only assume that your sig is a reference to GTA Vice City, yes? :) With regards Max Payne 3, seeing the final kill of a gun fight never gets old in that game, watching the bust of about 8 pellets from the shotgun fire through the air in slow motion looks so impressive with the engine they've used, yet is still cartoonish enough not to be fucked up.

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »
    speaking of games, I really wanna get that Dishonored DLC

you guys played Dishonored at all? wonderful game

Ah yeah sure I was talking about that here a couple of days ago. Only half way through it, and it's remained that way since January, and will continue to be as long as my PlayStation is still situated 10,000km west of my location; but I'm definitely looking forward to finally finishing it because I was enjoying it so much.
    Not really much of a gamer tbh. The last game I played was Read Dead Redemption, which was by all intents and purposes, a masterpiece.
    Hell yes!!

That's all I've got to say about that. :)

I seem to love stealthy kinda games, before Dishonored, I absolutely loved Deus Ex Human Revolution

Nailz wrote: »
    Exactomundo dude! And I can only assume that your sig is a reference to GTA Vice City, yes? :)

Correctamundo duder! :pac: Love Fist!
    With regards Max Payne 3, seeing the final kill of a gun fight never gets old in that game, watching the bust of about 8 pellets from the shotgun fire through the air in slow motion looks so impressive with the engine they've used, yet is still cartoonish enough not to be fucked up.

May have to check it out so. The reviews were pretty good too. I'll have a look on ebay. :)

I seem to love stealthy kinda games, before Dishonored, I absolutely loved Deus Ex Human Revolution
    Have you ever played any of the Thief series? I haven't myself but I've been meaning to for quite some time now as I've been told repeatedly by many of my fellow nerdy friends (I do an IS course in college, so there's a lot of them) that they're probably the best stealth games ever made.

Used to love the MGS series, still revisit the first MGS for the PSOne on occasion, that was a fantastic game. Although, the more the storyline went on down through the series the more annoying it got, like the dialogue sequences just got so hateful at certain points, but what the first MGS game was it's a fantastic game.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I absolutely loved Deus Ex Human Revolution

Was a brilliant game, ever play the first one? One of the best gaming story lines I've played

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Correctamundo duder! :pac: Love Fist!
    Hehe, one of my favourite advertisements on V-Rock was the Love Fist promo where they had a snippet of a song in the background and the lyrics went "FIST! Fist till morning!!" Hilarious stuff! :D

yeah, used to love MGS!

played a little Thief 2, but that's it. I was thinking of getting Thief 3 but put off because it's meant to be very scary. I'm not able to play scary games, I know I sound like a total wuss, but I actually only managed about an hour and a half of Metro 2033 I was getting so creeped out. I'll try play more at some stage but yeah, I get freaked out way easy. :p

Hehe, one of my favourite advertisements on V-Rock was the Love Fist promo where they had a snippet of a song in the background and the lyrics went "FIST! Fist till morning!!" Hilarious stuff! :D

V-Rock was pretty memorable alright. Tell me that this isn't rockin'!!

Was a brilliant game, ever play the first one? One of the best gaming story lines I've played
    oh one of the best games ever made :D

2nd one was a big let down though, so I'm glad Human Revolution made up for it.

yeah, used to love MGS!

played a little Thief 2, but that's it. I was thinking of getting Thief 3 but put off because it's meant to be very scary. I'm not able to play scary games, I know I sound like a total wuss, but I actually only managed about an hour and a half of Metro 2033 I was getting so creeped out. I'll try play more at some stage but yeah, I get freaked out way easy. :p
    Haha, Metro 2033 was a pretty good game, I don't suppose you ever tried the first Dead Space then? :p How did you put up with some of the scary Vault based objectives in Fallout? I'm not terribly gone on Horror titles to be honest, but I appreciate a good Survival Horror concept though, although nothing's really amazed me in that genre yet, granted that I don't have a good enough computer to run DayZ but that's not really a horror title, just survivalist shooter.

Looking forward to The Last Of Us though, that looks like it's going to be a great game! I remember playing a similar concept with a game called I Am Alive, but it was really based as a short indie release on a low budget so I don't think it quite reached the standards that it could've if it was given some effort, but I think The Last Of Us will be impressive.

Nope, didn't play Dead Space :p

Didn't even play Fallout :o

Nope, didn't play Dead Space :p

Didn't even play Fallout :o
    Dagnabbit Links! Go out buy F3 and NV right now, you who loves Bethesda, it's probably the essential two Bethesda games. :p So go and buy them pronto, and we'll see you again in 3 months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,029 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I have my doubts about the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, like many here, but it does serve as a pretext for scenes like this:

Guitar: Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters)
    Drums: Taylor Hawkins (Foo Fighters)
    Bass: Nick Raskulinecz (producer of the last two Rush albums.
    playing the 2112 Overture, as Rush was inducted in to the R&RHoF last night. More details & videos here.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Don't know if you folks seen this but DTP decided to play "Love?" in Santiago last Sunday!

A shocking rarity for him to call up an old SYL song these days, after promising to not play SYL ever again, even considering that gig at the Roundhouse last October in London were Jed joined DTP on stage for "Love?" and "Detox", was pretty certain that's the last of it you'd hear. Playing it in Chile was totally spontaneous though!

I wouldn't be surprised if he started playing more SYL stuff live. Don't think SYL will reunite however as Devin has stated many times that SYL are finished. They even released a vinyl box set recently too so SYL is a lot more prominent on Devin's conscious then it once was.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be surprised if he started playing more SYL stuff live. Don't think SYL will reunite however as Devin has stated many times that SYL are finished. They even released a vinyl box set recently too so SYL is a lot more prominent on Devin's conscious then it once was.
    Definitely, but you're right in saying that Strapping will probably never reunite, Devin's not willing to write that sort of music anymore and he feel that mindset of making it has long past and is never likely to come back, and he's a man who I believe when he says that because what music DT makes is totally dependant on what he thinks.

According to MetalInjection, after the show he says he regretted playing it as he broke his promise and feels like he gave fans the wrong idea by playing it, particularly he promised to never perform SYL material again (as he did before the London show last year), and he says that promise is renewed. But it'd be great to more of it crop up, because DT fans generally love the stuff (no pun intended) and as you pointed out, it's obviously on his own mind given the vinyl boxset release and deciding to perform "Love?" again.

Parenting: you're doing it right! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Definitely, but you're right in saying that Strapping will probably never reunite, Devin's not willing to write that sort of music anymore and he feel that mindset of making it has long past and is never likely to come back, and he's a man who I believe when he says that because what music DT makes is totally dependant on what he thinks.

According to MetalInjection, after the show he says he regretted playing it as he broke his promise and feels like he gave fans the wrong idea by playing it, particularly he promised to never perform SYL material again (as he did before the London show last year), and he says that promise is renewed. But it'd be great to more of it crop up, because DT fans generally love the stuff (no pun intended) and as you pointed out, it's obviously on his own mind given the vinyl boxset release and deciding to perform "Love?" again.

Yeah I saw his tweets on it the other day. He really, really seems to regret doing it. I think he feels that if he keeps playing SYL material he'll never move out of it's shadow. That said, I love his DTP material so I'm not too put out (obviously seeing Love? live would have been insane though!).

Can't wait for the gig :D

morning everyone! ;) hope you've all had a good weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

You jammy fecker! I want one, how did you get it, went into the shop and asked?? Because I see it's one of the "COMING SPRING 2013" posters, and is therefore useless to video game stores now.

I got the poster for free when I pre-ordered from Xtra-Vision a few months ago. I'd say you could track one down if you ask around, they were available in stores like GameStop, Xtra-Vision and HMV here in Ireland, I don't know about Hong Kong ;). It's a large double-sided poster with these images on each side:

gta5poster1.jpggta5poster2.jpg

I had to fold under the 'Spring 2013' part to make it fit in the frame.

Would you believe that I've never played RDR? I've heard nothing but praise for it, but I'm afraid to buy it in case I get too distracted from my exams next month!

In fact, I've really only played a few games in the last number of years; LA Noire, GTA IV and FIFA 12/13. I enjoyed all of them and I look forward to seeing what GTAV is like.

I'm a PC Gamer myself, so I never played Red Dead Redemption. pity, it looks like a cool game :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

morning everyone! ;) hope you've all had a good weekend?
    I had a cracking one :D How has yours been so far?

Going grand so far anyway, Links.

Mines been pretty awesome, I've gone for a huge walk on Friday with the dog, poor thing was so tired after, but she had so much fun. Been really putting a lot of effort into learning my guitar theory and although I still feel like a dummy I think I'm making progress ;)

Going to the cinema later I think.

Otherwise I've been catching up on season 2 of the walking dead.

• Advertisement

Sounds like a reasonably productive couple days for you, Links. Haven't watched the Walking Dead. The whole Zombie/Vampire renaissance in the past couple years has kinda been avoided.

Advertisement