Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I've been chilling after working 13 days in a row in dublin. The guitar talk earlier had me pining to get back into it so while i was in dublin i picked up new strings for the electric & acoustic & spend yesterday working on both. I took apart my amp(Laney TF400, savage machine) & got electrical contact cleaner onto the back of the knobs, which solved a load of crackling & loss of sound. Before i put the new strings on the electric i removed the *scratch board* & gave it the same treatment. I checked the general set up but it didnt need much adjustment.

What make of guitar do you play, Sentient?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

xerces wrote: »
    I got the poster for free when I pre-ordered from Xtra-Vision a few months ago. I'd say you could track one down if you ask around, they were available in stores like GameStop, Xtra-Vision and HMV here in Ireland, I don't know about Hong Kong ;). It's a large double-sided poster with these images on each side:

[awesome posters]

I had to fold under the 'Spring 2013' part to make it fit in the frame.
    Haha! Sweet, well I think I might get someone back home to run an errand for me. ;) Actually I think my brother was talking about pre-ordering it not so long ago, I'll check up on that... I don't think you can beat the free shit you get when you pre-order, especially if it's something to do with R*. I definitely want one of those posters anyway!
    xerces wrote: »
    Would you believe that I've never played RDR? I've heard nothing but praise for it, but I'm afraid to buy it in case I get too distracted from my exams next month!

In fact, I've really only played a few games in the last number of years; LA Noire, GTA IV and FIFA 12/13. I enjoyed all of them and I look forward to seeing what GTAV is like.
    Haha, it makes sense to at least wait on getting RDR if you got exams ahead, but if have got nothing awfully important going on in the summer I'd let rip on it, awesome game, I honestly think it's one of the best games of released on the current generation of consoles, I'd be worth your while. :P

Passenger wrote: »
    What make of guitar do you play, Sentient?

Its a Westone Cutlass Classic made by luthier Sid Poole in england. Westone where a Japanese company who where reasonably popular in the 80's but they went out of business. Sid Poole produce a small range of guitars in the late 90's with the westone name although there's no real connection(not sure what thats about).

I put up a pic here earlier in the thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84135526

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Sounds like a reasonably productive couple days for you, Links. Haven't watched the Walking Dead. The whole Zombie/Vampire renaissance in the past couple years has kinda been avoided.

it's been pretty cool, was over at mum's doing some housework for her yesterday as well, got a really good dinner out of it a few euro towards the cinema :p

the whole zombie thing is overdone, but honestly? I loved the comic books and the TV show is definitly a good show, they really did a good job. as for vampires, twilight might've done worse things to them than an army of vampire hunters ever could, but one of my favourite movies ever is Let The Right One In a Swedish vamp movie so there are exceptions.
    sentient_6 wrote: »
    Before i put the new strings on the electric i removed the fretboard & gave it the same treatment.

you removed the fretboard? :confused: is that even possible?

my guitar is the Ibanez Korn model,
    don't say anything bad, 'cos Korn are fantastic and it's an absolutely wonderful amazing guitar :D

Links234 wrote: »
    you removed the fretboard? :confused: is that even possible?

Whoops scratch board sorry!

Whoops scratch board sorry!
    I was thinking something ain't right there :p

I pondered an ibanez alot years ago. Id still love one.

which one?

• Advertisement

which one?

Now or then? :P

I love the look of the RG:

RG3550MZ_GK_00_04.png

the whole zombie thing is overdone, but honestly? I loved the comic books and the TV show is definitly a good show, they really did a good job. as for vampires, twilight might've done worse things to them than an army of vampire hunters ever could, but one of my favourite movies ever is Let The Right One In a Swedish vamp movie so there are exceptions.

Great film alright. What did you think of the remake? My favourite vampire film is the Park Chan-Wook film Thirst. It's a masterpiece imo.

Its a Westone Cutlass Classic made by luthier Sid Poole in england. Westone where a Japanese company who where reasonably popular in the 80's but they went out of business. Sid Poole produce a small range of guitars in the late 90's with the westone name although there's no real connection(not sure what thats about).

I put up a pic here earlier in the thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84135526

Ahh yeah. Sounds like it would be a tasty guitar alright.

Now or then? :P

I love the look of the RG:
    cool! love the maple fretboard, looks really nice
    Great film alright. What did you think of the remake? My favourite vampire film is the Park Chan-Wook film Thirst. It's a masterpiece imo.

refused to watch the remake.

Thirst is definitely a favourite too, love Korean movies :D

Hands up who's going to Kreator this friday?

not me I'm afraid, I think next gig might be Cryptopsy, if I've enough money for it. otherwise, Devin Townsend ;)

oh, and I want one of these :D

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/artist/leda/index.html

e-cygnus.jpg

I don't what to make of that! In a good way that is. I just picture a guy coming out all dignified looking like he's going to play some country only to launch into sad but true or something! :pac:

Oh to have the cash to buy guitars as one pleased.

I don't what to make of that! In a good way that is. I just picture a guy coming out all dignified looking like he's going to play some country only to launch into sad but true or something! :pac:

Oh to have the cash to buy guitars as one pleased.

The guitar in question: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDkOj36ubwA

but yeah, if I had money to buy guitars... I'd still have the problem of room to keep 'em! :p

I'm trying to save for a new multifx at the moment

Hands up who's going to Kreator this friday?

I'll be in attendance alright. :D Should be a good gig. Good support too.

dinner is on the way, roast chicken and chips :D om nom nom nom :pac:

gotta love sunday roast ^_^

• Advertisement

Still debating what gastronomical delight I'll partake in.

Still debating what gastronomical delight I'll partake in.

roast pork! :D

roast pork! :D

I'm gravitating toward getting a takeaway. Roast pork sounds good though.

it's sunday so all I'm thinking of is roasts :D think I might have roast pork next week myself

what kinda takeaway did you have in mind?

Hhhmmm... Sweet & Sour chicken maybe. Man all this talk of food is making me p-p-p-peckish.

go for it then! ;)

I had my dinner & now i'm hungry again! Cheers.

Ah no its just the way i always am.

Sweet & Sour chicken it is then. :D

Are you a Nevermore fan, Sentient?

Sweet & Sour chicken it is then. :D

Are you a Nevermore fan, Sentient?

Who? :pac:

Ah ya. I even went to london on my own a couple of years ago to see them.

• Advertisement

Don't think they ever played here, did they? It could be while before they tour again, if they even do, that is.

Advertisement