Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Passenger wrote: »
    Don't think they ever played here, did they? It could be while before they tour again, if they even do, that is.

I'm not sure. Probably not. To be fair they only managed filled the o2 islington in london which is about the size of the academy. Mind you with DME so active at the moment, you'd imagine if they where still together & touring he'd be able to get them now. Which is a pity of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Don't think they ever played here, did they?

yup, they played in Whelan's ages ago, I saw 'em ;)

Links234 wrote: »
    yup, they played in Whelan's ages ago, I saw 'em ;)

Cool. How ages ago?

EDIT: September 2005.

oh wow was it that long ago? :eek:

oh wow was it that long ago? :eek:

Apparently so. Thinking there based on where i remember i was twas only about 2007 when i got into them.

• Advertisement

it was a good show! Mercenary supported them :D

FIRESOOOOOOOOUL!!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

They would've been touring the Enemies of Reality album around then, wouldn't they?

They would've been touring the Enemies of Reality album around then, wouldn't they?

This Godless Endeavor. ;)

Ahh yeah. That's probably my favorite album of theirs too.

Ahh yeah. That's probably my favorite album of theirs too.

The title track is probably my favourite song of theirs, i love the reference to 'The Raven' with 'when i heard a sound come rapping, tapping on my door'.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Good Evening everyone.
    I think next gig might be Cryptopsy,

I'd love to see them live.

Evenin' Sephiroth. Is your name a Final Fantasy reference btw?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Evenin' Sephiroth. Is your name a Final Fantasy reference btw?

Yes,FF7 :).

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Yes,FF7 :).

Easily one of my favourite games of all time.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

hey everyone ;)

Hey Links. :)

saw Olympus has Fallen last night. stupid fun. very, very stupid that is, but still fun. hell of a lot better than the last Die Hard movie, 'cos ugh that was bad

today I'm doing some crappy housework that I should've gotten out of the way yesterday :o

how's life?

Just listening to Racer X now that you posted them in the Now Listening to... thread. :D Brilliant!

Can't say that forking out the guts of e10 to see Olympus Has Fallen would appeal tbh, Links. It seems like a chewing gum for the eyes and leave the brain at the door type of fare. :D

Just listening to Racer X now that you posted them in the Now Listening to... thread. :D Brilliant!

Can't say that forking out the guts of e10 to see Olympus Has Fallen would appeal tbh, Links. It seems like a chewing gum for the eyes and leave the brain at the door type of fare. :D

well I kinda wanted to catch up with friends and that's what they were seeing and they invited us, I would've gone to see the Evil Dead otherwise, but it was good and we enjoyed ourselves. very, VERY stupid of course!

I'm listening to Matenrou Opera mostly today

also I figured out why Undivide don't do it for me half as much as Deluhi, they sound too American. was listening to them a good bit yesterday and it was bothering me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm listening to some Misery Index at the mo, I love that band. One thing I love about grindcore, it came from punk more or less, so there's quite a few political bands that aren't neo-Nazi.

• Advertisement

What's in your opinion is the best Misery Index song, Angron? I checked them out in the past and wasn't all that enamored with them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Hmm, probably either Traitors or The Great Depression for me. I'm a big fan of Dying Fetus, and that caused me to listen to MI.

for those of you who play guitar, what fx do you use?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I have a vox valvetronix with a bunch of digi FX built into the amp with a foot switch.

It's a good trade off. Formerly had a boss DS1 which sucked, a big muff PI which sucked and a chorus pedal which also sucked. I've basically had bad luck with every single pedal or FX I've ever bought so digital is fine. TBH all I want is distortion most of the time. Thinking of downgrading the vox to a more standard practice amp that's smaller and less completely confusing.

TBH all I want is distortion most of the time. Thinking of downgrading the vox to a more standard practice amp that's smaller and less completely confusing.

have you thought about a small tube amp like a Blackstar HT5, or HT1? gf has the HT5 and it's simple as.

Is anybody else excira' and delira' about Iced Earth coming back next year?

Is anybody else excira' and delira' about Iced Earth coming back next year?
    First I've heard of it, nice one! Were super last year in the Button Factory.

First I've heard of it, nice one! Were super last year in the Button Factory.

Yeah, I posted it in the Rock & Metal Gigs thread. :)

They're back in The Button Factory too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,629 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

• Advertisement

May finally invest in ear protection for it, after last years gig my ears were ringing like hell.

Advertisement