Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

pretty good, had a busy week re-arranging the house :D getting loads of tidying done, and on the whole it's more liveable already. still loads to be done, but we got off to a huge start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Morning Peoples! :)

Had a funtastic weekend!

Went to see HIM in London, in Camden (hush!) the 14 year old in me got a bit too excited :pac::pac:

Partied Friday night in a pretty awesome metal/rock nightclub in London and then went to see Rock of Ages on Saturday afternoon :p:o:D

How is everyone? :) Hope the week flies in - Lordi to be seen, anyone going?? Or to Enter Shikari?

hey Zwillinge ;)

oooh, HIM! Now there's a band I've not heard in a long time.

we got our Devin Townsend tickets also, yay! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Zwillinge wrote: »
    How is everyone? :) Hope the week flies in - Lordi to be seen, anyone going?? Or to Enter Shikari?
    Nope, cause I hate Enter Shikari with a burning passion :pac: Going to Cattle Decapitation and Cryptopsy on Friday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Links234 wrote: »
    hey Zwillinge ;)

oooh, HIM! Now there's a band I've not heard in a long time.

we got our Devin Townsend tickets also, yay! :D

Hey Hey :)

They just make ya wanna hug someone! :)

Niiice, as is tradition with me, once you get tickets delivered, you must listen to an album by the artist :D
    Angron wrote: »
    Nope, cause I hate Enter Shikari with a burning passion :pac: Going to Cattle Decapitation and Cryptopsy on Friday though.

Haha - they are awful, I just know they're playing :pac: Though I've a strange attraction to the lead fella - I have woeful taste though :D

That in the Pint??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yup, it is indeed. Gonna be the second time I've seen CD, I'm not that into Cryptopsy though, so CD are my main reason to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

This week is all about the lead up to Devy on Saturday. :pac:

Not for me it isn't! I'd take Cattle Decapitation over Townsend any day of the week.

I don't think I'll be at the Cryptopsy gig after all, but revving up for Devy :D

Not for me it isn't! I'd take Cattle Decapitation over Townsend any day of the week.

Fair enough man. Different strokes 'n all.
    I don't think I'll be at the Cryptopsy gig after all, but revving up for Devy :D

You're right to give it a miss too. You'll want your ears in pristine shape for the sonic assault that is Devy.

• Advertisement

so, I got Jeff Loomis's dvd in the post today, hopefully I can find the time to get use out of it but it looks pretty awesome so far :D

you guys who are going to Devy, are you going to grab a pint beforehand somewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Saxon on Wednesday, looking forward to it. Sabbath tickets arrived in the post on Friday, too.

As it was payday on Friday also, I ordered the Volbeat live CD and the Mad Season CD from WowHD. Both 3 disc (2CD + 1DVD) sets, worked out at around €25 for the pair, bargain!

so, I got Jeff Loomis's dvd in the post today, hopefully I can find the time to get use out of it but it looks pretty awesome so far :D

Big spender. :P Every other day you have something cool arriving in the post.

you guys who are going to Devy, are you going to grab a pint beforehand somewhere?

I'll be going straight to the gig and having the bevvies with Devy. See, that rhymes. :pac:

Passenger wrote: »
    Big spender. :P Every other day you have something cool arriving in the post.

actually asked the girlfriend to get it for me, I still have to pay her for it :o it was pretty cheap though

...what is it??

The mask of this guy, who is my favourite wrestler of all time :D

actually asked the girlfriend to get it for me, I still have to pay her for it :o it was pretty cheap though

Nice!

So you're gonna wear it to bed or to scare the elderly neighbours or what? :pac:

Little of column A, little of column B.

Makes sense.

• Advertisement

I knew a guy who wore a mexican wrestling mask to gigs all the time

Five minutes with Meshuggah's lighting tech.

Ghost has now announced the "Phallos Mortuus Box Set," which features a dildo bearing front man Papa Emeritus' head, along with a butt plug, t-shirt, and gold Bible style dildo case.

Amusingly, the only thing the box set doesn't seem to include is the band's new album "Infestissumam."

Orders set to ship out May 3rd. Full details are:

1 x Exclusive Papa Emeritus II Dildo Puppetmaster T-Shirt (only available with this set)
    1 x Bible box case with Gold embossed artwork and red velvet lining
    1 x Divorce paper scroll with customised Ghost foil emblem
    1 x Ghost B.C. brushed metal logo charm
    1 x Bronze effect metal butt plug with moulded Grucifix logo base
    1 x Sculpted black silicone Papa Emeritus II dildo

Measurements:
    Box: L24cm W18cm D6cm
    Logo Charm: L8cm W4cm
    Butt Plug: L7cm W3cm
    Dildo: L19cm W4cm

ghom_zpse9104519.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Cool butt plug. one for the mantle piece for sure, put it beside your bandai figures

and a dido too, wtf will the fans appreciate all that?!! Considering it doesn't even contain the album itself.... I understand bands have to resort to box sets, featuring goodies now just to shift a few albums atypically but that is waaaay beyond my comprehension :/

actually, having checked them out I can understand where they're cumming from butt the plug is still unforgivable.

Some new sounds released on Devin Townsend's YouTube account. Including material from Ziltoid 2 and other assorted 'ideas'.

How is everybody?

It gets quiet in here when Links isn't posting. ;)

How's it going Passenger?

Good, Angron... Or is it still Denny??

Either works :P I only keep the Denny part in the sig so people know who it is, I'll take it out eventually :pac:

• Advertisement

Either works :P I only keep the Denny part in the sig so people know who it is, I'll take it out eventually :pac:

I'll go with Angron then, seeing as it's your new title. ;) Do you have an explanation why the R&M forum is so quiet?

Advertisement