Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Feels like a few of the posters that were here when I started using it are gone (like Karl and chin_grin) are gone, or rarely seem to be around (like Max_Power and Malice). There's also that Classic Rock forum, though I dunno did we really lose too many from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

True. Which begs the question; where and why did they all go?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Who knows, maybe they just got a bit tired of boards or something.

A bunch of 11-16 year old's play Dream Theater's Pull Me Under.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Found this amusing...

417794_475874785815836_1667677019_n.jpg

It is with great sadness that I must say I got all of them without thinking about it. :o

• Advertisement

Ahhh, what's 1 & 5, Nailz?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Passenger wrote: »
    Ahhh, what's 1 & 5, Nailz?
    1 is Hemophiliac, a John Zorn band, interesting stuff.

5 is Lovage, a group with Kid Koala, Jennifer Charles and Dan The Automator, the latter being the main dude behind the group. He done some of the Peeping Tom and Crudo stuff with Patton, and produces a shitload of records for other bands too. Sort of a Downtempo feel to it.

Nailz wrote: »
    1 is Hemophiliac, a John Zorn band, interesting stuff.

5 is Lovage, a group with Kid Koala, Jennifer Charles and Dan The Automator, the latter being the main dude behind the group. He done some of the Peeping Tom and Crudo stuff with Patton, and produces a shitload of records for other bands too. Sort of a Downtempo feel to it.

Thanks Nailz. Hadn't heard Hemophiliac before and I quite like John Zorn's stuff. I actually know Lovage. Their sound is more in keeping with his other projects, particularly Peeping Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

It gets quiet in here when Links isn't posting. ;)

too tired... :o

will try again tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Anybody else think the instrumental version of Guns N' Roses Estranged is better than the version with Axl's vocals??

• Advertisement

It's kinda hard to listen to the instrumental without singing Axl's parts in your head though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's kinda hard to listen to the instrumental without singing Axl's parts in your head though. :D

I've listened to the instrumental version & the version with Axl's vocals.... Instrumental shades it by a hair for me

I refuse to listen to GnR, so I have no real opinion on the matter :pac:

morning folks :(

Sup Links?

edit: just saw your AH thread. What a shower of bastards.

yup, but what can you do :o

9krXoRJ.jpg

Sadly, not much unless you can somehow find out who did it. It baffles me how people can behave the way they do sometimes.

doubt I could do anything even if I did find out who did it :o

I'd say I'm not vindictive, but that would be an utter lie. I can hold a grudge for a long time, and will eventually get my own back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Morning. Saxon were very good last night. That is all.

I'll be back when I've read Links' thread on AH...

kinda would've liked to have seen Saxon, they were great last time I saw them. but so much is on, and we just had to pick Devy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Just read about your GF's bike, stuff like that boils my p!ss.

Had a mirror snapped off my car outside the house for no reason other than it was there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Throughly enjoyed Xentrix last week,hope to see a gig of their own here soon. I think they were astonished with the reception they received at all the gigs they played.

Onto Lordi tonight. Anyone else heading?

hey, has anyone here ever built their own speaker cabinet for a guitar amp?

Nea wrote: »
    Onto Lordi tonight. Anyone else heading?

I wish :o if I had my way, I'd have spent a week in Dublin and taken in a whole load of gigs, Kreator would've been deadly.

why did everything have to come at once?

It's the old bus issue. Wait ages for one, and then a load come at once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Links234 wrote: »
    hey, has anyone here ever built their own speaker cabinet for a guitar amp?

yes but to be honest it is not good value for money given some of the second hand prices out there at the moment

you can always put your choice of speakers in a given cabinet

new celestions are about 80 pounds sterling each plus carraige (and they are heavy) and that's before you buy the ply and stuff for the cab

i bought an english built 2x12 1922 marshal cab in perfect nick for 250 from a shop recently, the speakers new would have cost me that!

Unless of course you have speakers and need a cab for them?

oh and sorry to hear about the vandalism.

• Advertisement

Advertisement