Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Ah good. Devy is playing in The Academy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Aha, not a bad spot. Been to a few shows there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Passenger wrote: »
    Is that Dr. Poca you're talking about? He's not a real doctor you know.

You can't prove that!
    Get some tasty craft beers into ye.

You and ScienceNerd would get along well I think. He is a beer snob these days!

Also, I cannot wait to see Devin tomorrow. The anticipation has been slowly building over the last couple of weeks

Your forged medical diploma won't cut it 'round here. We're on to ye. :D

Yeah, I do enjoy my pint of O'Hara's when I go out and I enjoy trying new and different brews too. It's good to expand your taste palette. Without coming across as pretentious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Where is that gig?

I'm heading to Devin Townsend tomorrow night. Should be a good gig.

It's in the Pavillion in Cork. Brilliant band. Seen them before and the lead singer really does nail Jim Morrison.

Dr. Poca, ain't nothing wrong with being a beer snob. Nothing quite like a nice hoppy IPA!

Actually I'll be bottling my first homebrew tomorrow, so really can't wait to taste that.

• Advertisement

Can't wait to hear this tonight. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

In the black sheep now ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Actually I'll be bottling my first homebrew tomorrow, so really can't wait to taste that.

What style are you going for? Homebrewing is something that interests me, though I don't have a huge amount of free time these days!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Hope everybody at Devin Townsend had a great night. Really enjoyed it. The setlist was different to what I expected and to what they played in the UK but it was great none the less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

i enjoyed it. Loved the set. I thought the sound could have been a bit better for Devin. About half way through it was kinda hard to make out some of the vocals and there was a lot of fizz on the guitars I thought. All though I think all of that is just a sign for me to get ear plugs :P

I wasn't mad on For the Imperium, but they were tight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

What style are you going for? Homebrewing is something that interests me, though I don't have a huge amount of free time these days!

Doing a pale ale. It's a kit brew, so it's extremely easy to do. The only pain in the ass with it is just sanitizing everything, but including the time it took to sanitize, the whole brew was done in two hours. So, in three weeks time I'll have about 40 pint bottles of fresh, tasty pale ale to enjoy.

Also, the Doors tribute gig last night was brilliant. I had really forgotten how much a love the Doors. Must go and track down some live CD's from the Doors now.

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    i enjoyed it. Loved the set. I thought the sound could have been a bit better for Devin. About half way through it was kinda hard to make out some of the vocals and there was a lot of fizz on the guitars I thought. All though I think all of that is just a sign for me to get ear plugs :P

I wasn't mad on For the Imperium, but they were tight.

It was a very loud gig alright. The support band were entertaining enough and engaged the crowd but they didn't really peak my interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

It was a very loud gig alright. The support band were entertaining enough and engaged the crowd but they didn't really peak my interest.

I wasn't quite sure what they were all about. I enjoyed their stage presence and the entertainment value but their music left me a bit confused.

SueBoom wrote: »
    I wasn't quite sure what they were all about. I enjoyed their stage presence and the entertainment value but their music left me a bit confused.

Confused??

really didn't think much of the support either tbh :o

Did you enjoy Devy and have a good night anyway, Links?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

Confused??

Indeed. Just because I couldn't figure out their style and what they're all about.

Indeed. Just because I couldn't figure out their style and what they're all about.

Ah fair enough. Don't think you were the only one. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

What were they called? They sound pretty cool, my sort of thing.

For The Imperium, Nailz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

For The Imperium, Nailz.
    Cheers, Passenger, will give them a wee listen now...

Edit: Checked out "Breathing Life In You" there, have to say that was really cool, loved all the genre-hopping and off-beat changes, still managed to stay nice and musically sound whilst being wonderfully unexpecting at the same time. Will keep an eye on them.

Devy was great, though I think he was better the previous time

anyone else annoyed they didn't have the ziltoid puppets in the merch stall? I was itching to get one :o

also, morning everyone! ;)

Links234 wrote: »
    Devy was great, though I think he was better the previous time

anyone else annoyed they didn't have the ziltoid puppets in the merch stall? I was itching to get one :o

also, morning everyone! ;)

There's a Ziltoid II album in the works so you'll surly get another chance to get yourself a puppet.

well I certainly hope so! :D

How is everybody?

Been listening to The Devils Blood and Warrel Dane's solo album the past couple days.

I got a haircut, it's much much shorter and I love it! :D

How are you going to convincingly headbang and windmill now?! :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Fie on your haircuts, fie I say!

I think I'll manage ;)

Here's a before & after for you

OJ1cdEn.jpg

5GeqVQ0.jpg

I'm seriously liking the shorter length, I think it's done wonders for me :D girlfriend is mega impressed too

• Advertisement

Sure my hair is longer :pac:

Advertisement