Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Risteard wrote: »
    Anyone here a BFMV (or former) fan? Just listening to The Poison and can't understand how they went from that to what they're currently putting out. Massive difference.

(Note: May be biased as The Poison is the first "Heavy" album I listened to!)
    I go through BFMV phases alright. Not the newest album though. I like one or two songs but as a whole they have changed tack completely imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Happy Weekend guys :)

Drunken Zwill decided, in a drunken haze, last night to solve her Download Festival problem of Rammstein/Limp Bizkit clashing. She booked flights, hotel and tickets to Limp Bizkit in Milan... Silly girl that drunken Zwill :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yikes, how much did that one set you back? :P

Angron wrote: »
    Yikes, how much did that one set you back? :P

About €300 :o

Least its a few days in Milan... Should probably try and get the time of work now! :o:o:o

Bad Drunken Zwill

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I can only hope I get that drunk some day :pac: I hadn't intended going out last night, wound up kipping at a friends house on a bean bag, nursing a bottle of Southern Comfort.

• Advertisement

I can only hope I get that drunk some day :pac: I hadn't intended going out last night, wound up kipping at a friends house on a bean bag, nursing a bottle of Southern Comfort.

You're in training to get that drunken ;)

Are bean bags comfy to kip on??
    They always look so awkward! But I want one for gaming :D:o

Not sure about for sleeping on, but the larger ones are more than suitable for gaming - coming from experience!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

What's wrong with a simple chair? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

hey folks ;)

we might be going to see the new Star Trek later :D

Hey Links. It's getting a lot of good reviews and apparently it looks superb.

• Advertisement

yeah, I'm looking forward to it :D

The bean bag thing I slept on was called a fatboy, it's grand for a nights sleep, but you wouldn't do it regularly :P

hey everyone :D

that new Star Trek movie, I don't think they could've packed in any more fan service if they tried :eek:

I seen the new Star Trek on Friday - will definately be going to see it again, I'm sure there's lots I missed in it. Plenty of winks and nudges and a nice set up for a third film :D

My birthday is approaching soon, so was thinking a nice big soft, squishy bean bag for reading/gaming/snoozing within would be nice :o:)

oooh, a happy birthday in advance so Zwillinge! :D

I'm not sure I would say James LaBrie's solo stuff surpasses DT's recent output but it's a little more 'conventional' without adhering to any major Prog Metal tropes.

Passenger wrote: »
    I'm not sure I would say James LaBrie's solo stuff surpasses DT's recent output but it's a little more 'conventional' without adhering to any major Prog Metal tropes.

I thought DT's later output was so by the numbers, I didn't even bother with the newest album after Black Clouds, and I think they've just been going through the motions since Octavarium, so LaBrie's solo stuff just shocked me with how good it was. It might be conventional, but it's just solid and fresh compared to DT

Is it me or is there a distinctive Gothenburg sound in his music? Particularly Soilwork et al.

Passenger wrote: »
    Is it me or is there a distinctive Gothenburg sound in his music? Particularly Soilwork et al.
    yup, I found that too. possibly the influence of Peter Wildoer?

Also, the thread is now on 1400 posts yay! we hit 700 in feb this year, it's doubled in just a few months ;)

• Advertisement

Wow! 700?! Thanks to us for all the enlightening discussion. :D

Who knows, in a few years we might have to close this thread cause it'll hit the 10000 post mark :pac:

If it picks up pace further as it has been doing, who knows? ;)

Links234 wrote: »
    yup, I found that too. possibly the influence of Peter Wildoer?

Possibly, but it's the guitar tone that has a very In Flames-esque feel to it. Peter Wildoer was the drummer on Static Impulse which I assume has something to do with his audition for Dream Theater. Interestingly Mike Mangini was the drummer on Elements of Persuasion. :cool:

hey hey hey ;)

how's everyone? I think I might be coming down with something :( girlfriend's sick with some virus or something, now I'm feeling it too.

Passenger, maybe it's the production or mixing? 'cos I know it's the same guitarist from his first album, but they've Jens Bogren doing the mixing, so that could be it?

Who knows, in a few years we might have to close this thread cause it'll hit the 10000 post mark :pac:
    Haha didnt that happen in the song title game thread here?

I used to post here alot more than I do now (see my location), must start living up to that location lol

hey Max ;)

Hey Links

Has someone lit a fire under this forum in the past while? It's the first time in ages there is a hive of activity!

Links234 wrote: »
    hey hey hey ;)

how's everyone? I think I might be coming down with something :( girlfriend's sick with some virus or something, now I'm feeling it too.

Passenger, maybe it's the production or mixing? 'cos I know it's the same guitarist from his first album, but they've Jens Bogren doing the mixing, so that could be it?

Hey Links, hope you feel better asap. :)

Yeah it's possible alright. He seems to Produce/Mix quite a few decent Metal albums too.
    Max Power1 wrote: »
    Has someone lit a fire under this forum in the past while? It's the first time in ages there is a hive of activity!

Hey Max,

Yeah it's gotten a little more traffic recently alright. Maybe myself and Links kick-stared something. :pac: A lot of the old posters such as yourself don't post much anymore, but come back and get some discussion going again. ;)

• Advertisement

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Hey Links

I don't want to take all the credit, but I will. I gave the place a well needed shot in the arm :D

:p

between myself, Passenger and Angron, we've sparked this thread quite a bit. I had started posting about all the awesome Japanese bands I listen to, and well, just waffling on about stuff in general. this place has so much untapped potention, and it's way nicer than 95% of metal forums out there so it's very pleasant just to chat on

Advertisement