Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Ah yes. The traditional Japanese dish; Steak. :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Passenger wrote: »
    Ah yes. The traditional Japanese dish; Steak. :P
    I love steak.

DON'T TRY AND CHANGE ME!

And besides, Kobe beef.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

what kinda steak was it?

I had the teriyaki beef there before, it was awesome :D

Angron wrote: »
    I love steak.

DON'T TRY AND CHANGE ME!

And besides, Kobe beef.

Hey, you're talking to Mr. Steak here. :D I love my steak. I was in Yamamori years ago but I can't remember what I had there.

How was it cooked?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Rare, the best way to have steak :D

I think it was the teriyaki I had Links.

• Advertisement

Rare, the best way to have steak :D

I think it was the teriyaki I had Links.

Good choice. ;)

yeah, teriyaki is gorgeous :) mmm, getting hungry again :D

Here's the Prog Metal band Scale The Summit in a guitar play-through video that might interest you, Links. ;)

Here's the Prog Metal band Scale The Summit in a guitar play-through video that might interest you, Links. ;)

I was looking funny at the blue guitar for about 2 minutes thinking there was something really off about it before I realized it was one of those ones with angled frets. :pac:

Ugh. Was at the doctor today, feeling like death warmed up :(

Hopefully this is the worst of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Links234 wrote: »
    Ugh. Was at the doctor today, feeling like death warmed up :(

Hopefully this is the worst of it.

Oh no, hope you feel better!!

Hope the Doc gave you some good stuff too ;)

I went to Metal Charity gig thingie in the Grand Social last night - was good musical fun :D Neck feels a bit iffy today - I didn't even headbang that much - Getting old!

Some virus or other so she couldn't give me anything.

Last night was an excuse for a hot whiskey tho :)

Never been to the grand social, what's it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Oh no :( Damn virals!!

Hope you pick up now! But yay - hot whiskey!

I've never been to the Venue part of The Grand Social before, it's a nice area, good sound also :) Decent smoking area too, not that I smoke, but it was nice to sit with a roof over my head ;)

My experience of places in Dublin extends to about 5 places :pac: I've been to Club Hell for the Tattoos and Piercings beers, Fibbers, The Pint, Whelan's, and once in the George when my friend insisted we had to try it :P The Pint and Whelan's are the main gig venues though, and I'm going to The Pint tonight.

Just saw it now, it seems kind of funny that this will be the third time I've seen Suffocation, but I'll only have seen them with their actual vocalist once. John Gallagher from Dying Fetus will be doing the vocals tonight apparently, not that I'm complaining about that :D

**** me, I've been in bed most of the day, today's pretty much been snoozed away, really feeling like hell :o girlfriend's being super awesome though :)

Get better asap, Links. Hopefully you'll be feeling yourself again and be able to enjoy the weekend. :) And give your missus her dues too. ;)

she's getting huge dues, especially seeing as she was down with the same thing. tuesday it was me minding her, and all she had to say was about how great I was looking after her. I said she'd do the same for me ;)

been watching that episode of Gordon Ramsey's kitchen nightmares that's gone viral atm. you guys heard about that? nuts :eek:

Oh yeah, yer wan with the cats?

yup!

meow meow meow meow

good god she was insane :eek: and I felt awful watching it, it's almost like they put a crazy person on TV just so they watch her explode.

• Advertisement

well, I'm actually awake today :)

I thought that because I slept until after 5 yesterday, I wouldn't be able to sleep last night, but nope! I was out like a light. I still feel like hell, hacking up a lung this morning and all aches, shivers and headaches, but at least I feel a bit more perky and rested :D

What's this Kitchen Nightmares with the cat one? I've watched a few episodes of that, but didn't hear about that one.

Just back home now after the concert I was at yesterday, Cephalic Carnage reminded me why I love them :D For their song "Black Metal Sabbath" they take the piss out of BM, two of them wear clear plastic masks with corpsepaint style stuff in marker on it, the bassist wears a horse head mask, one of the guitarists wore something like a Batman mask that looked like it had glitter on it, and the drummer had something that looked a bit similar but I didn't get a good look at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Has anyone else checked out the tv series Hannibal?

I had been hearing some good things and just started watching it. 3 episodes in and it's amazing! Hugh Dancy and Mads Mikkelsen are both excellent in their respective roles. Seriously good so far!

Hey all.

Been meaning to check it out, Dr. Poca. Purely as Mads Mikkelson is a terrific actor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Hey all.

Been meaning to check it out, Dr. Poca. Purely as Mads Mikkelson is a terrific actor.

He really is. The character is so calm yet menacing... And a great contrast to the character of Will Gragham. Definitely worth checking out. Not to mention some of the murder scenes could be death metal album covers :D

What's this Kitchen Nightmares with the cat one? I've watched a few episodes of that, but didn't hear about that one.

it's one where Gordon says **** it, I can't help you, you're on your own!
    Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Has anyone else checked out the tv series Hannibal?

no but I've been meaning to ;)

http://shattered-tranquility.net/index.php/05/17/jupiters-debut-single/

now here's something I'm really looking forward to hearing :D

Do we have many gamers here?

Well I have an Xbox 360 but it's more of a dust collector then a gaming console. :D The last game I purchased was Red Dead Redemption a couple years ago.

• Advertisement

ah yes, I remember you mentioning RDR

girlfriend just got me a Metro: Last Light :)

Advertisement