Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I liked the first Metro, got it free via Facebook. The developers I think just gave away a load of free keys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

I had to look that up. What platform are you playing it on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

PC

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Links234 wrote: »
    PC

Looks amazing on pc,if you have a good graphics card,gonna wait till I get my new pc to play it,it would look crap on my 260 :(.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Passenger wrote: »
    Well I have an Xbox 360 but it's more of a dust collector then a gaming console. :D The last game I purchased was Red Dead Redemption a couple years ago.

That was 3 years ago :eek: Will you be getting gta 5 or watch dogs :D?

• Advertisement

Definitely gonna get GTA V, Sephiroth. Been counting the days and Watchdogs looks fantastic, doesn't it?

Definitely gonna get GTA V, Sephiroth. Been counting the days and Watchdogs looks fantastic, doesn't it?

It does indeed,I'd say it could give GTA 5 a good run for it's money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

I had never heard of Watch Dogs, thanks for that. It certainly looks promising, the storyline and open world design is right up my street. I'll look to get it on PC in November.

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Has anyone else checked out the tv series Hannibal?

I had been hearing some good things and just started watching it. 3 episodes in and it's amazing! Hugh Dancy and Mads Mikkelsen are both excellent in their respective roles. Seriously good so far!

So, watched a marathon of it yesterday and today, 8 episodes in currently and I'm pretty impressed :D

definitely a good show and I'll be very happy to see where it goes

so, Metro: Last Light

scary :eek:

it's dark, very dark... very, VERY dark

I'd recommend it ;)

• Advertisement

I want to play that game......anyone play fear before?it freaked me out no end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Do we have many gamers here?

Occasional gamer here. I either get obsessed with a game or hate it.

For example I have a game of Football Manager that I have spent over a calendar year on, gametime well into the weeks now (I'm in the 2040 decade). I love Metal Gear Solid also.

Haven't got a new game in ages actually. When is GTA5 out?

Max Power1 wrote: »
    When is GTA5 out?

September 17.

So ages away :(

Aye, it's something to look forward to anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It's annoying it got moved back so much, which seems to be fairly common these days with higher profile games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Morning guys, hope you had a good weekend :)

Anyone get up to anything??

I went to Bressie in the Academy - hush ;):o

Angron wrote: »
    It's annoying it got moved back so much, which seems to be fairly common these days with higher profile games.

better than what they used to do imo, which was release the game then issue a patch update to fix the bugs that should have been fixed pre-release (so essentially using the initial purchasers as unpaid beta testers)

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Morning guys, hope you had a good weekend :)

Anyone get up to anything??

I went to Bressie in the Academy - hush ;):o

I bought a new car, a bmw 535, and spent the weekend (and part of today) doing two things

-cruisin'
    -fighting with my insurance co to give me a better cost to change!

I bought a new car, a bmw 535, and spent the weekend (and part of today) doing two things

-cruisin'
    -fighting with my insurance co to give me a better cost to change!

Taking Road Tax and Insurance into consideration, not to mention the fact that Beamer's guzzle petrol like nobody's business, how much do you reckon that bad boy set you back annually, Max?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Phew, today is considerably less stressful than usual because the Fantasy Premier League season is over!

Time to research summer holiday destinations...

xerces wrote: »
    Phew, today is considerably less stressful than usual because the Fantasy Premier League season is over!

where ya thinking of going?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

xerces wrote: »

Time to research next season's squad you mean :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Taking Road Tax and Insurance into consideration, not to mention the fact that Beamer's guzzle petrol like nobody's business, how much do you reckon that bad boy set you back annually, Max?

Tough one
    Motor tax is 1494 per annum
    Insurance c700
    She's daysul so gets 25-30mpg around the sticks and 35-40 on a motorway. I do about 15k kilometers a year so not so much.

Feck it ya only live once (much as I hate the YOLO expression, it is apt here!)

Jaysus. But you're right though, Max, and at least she's a comfy motor to cruise around in and very safe too. Hope it goes well for ye.

better than what they used to do imo, which was release the game then issue a patch update to fix the bugs that should have been fixed pre-release (so essentially using the initial purchasers as unpaid beta testers)
    Yeah, that's a solid point.

sup folks

I got Borderlands 2 'cos it was going so cheap on Steam. fun game! :D

got a lot to play now :D

satan help me next time there's a steam sale! :eek:

sup folks

I got Borderlands 2 'cos it was going so cheap on Steam. fun game! :D

got a lot to play now :D

satan help me next time there's a steam sale! :eek:
    Wanna play a game some time? I was playing it today with some friends, trying out the psycho class :D I've got a Gunzerker around level 50-51, a Commando around 30, and a few others between 8-18.

And those sales, they are a nightmare!

We'll have to do that at some point! I'm only just starting out, picked the assassin character:

Borderlands-2-Zero-psd65664.png

looks the coolest of the lot :D

• Advertisement

Ah, Zer0. He's pretty cool, and depending on the skill tree he can be a beast in either long range or melee.

Advertisement