Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'm probably gonna go long range on this one :D

Edit: this is probably one of the few multiplayer games I'd play, between Skyrim, Dishonored, Metro, Deus Ex, Arkham City, all the games I've been playing lately have been purely single player affairs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Most of my game time these days has gone between BL2, and the Dawn of War games. Monaco too, which is ridiculously fun and hectic with friends :D

Anyway, gonna go walk the dogs, be back in a while.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Way too many good games coming out over the next couple of months that I want,company of heros 2,the last of us,rome total war 2,gta 5,watch dogs,plantetary annilitaion (hope I spelt that right :o).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm really looking forward to Company of Heroes 2 as well. Other stuff I'm looking forward to, Pokemon X & Y, GTA V, the new Assassin's Creed kinda, and South Park: The Stick of Truth.

hope the walk was good Angron ;)

must get the second Dawn of War now that you mention it, the first ruled :D

• Advertisement

Completely different style of game, though still an RTS. Truthfully I preferred 1, though I enjoyed the hell out of the campaign of 2 and its expansions. According to steam I've got 122 hours of DoW2 vanilla, 78 of Chaos Rising, and 177 of Retribution. Not sure of my times on the first series, I had the disks, so steam didn't keep track of the times, and then when I lost the disks I got the steam versions instead.

If any of you wanna add me on steam, this is me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/dennyyyyy/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Did anybody see the furor with SOAD earlier? Apparently Shavo posted a comment on his Facebook page saying that Serj was holding back the recording of a new album and asking fans would they want to see Serj replaced.

First I heard of that, it'd suck to lose Serj :(

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Wouldn't be the same at all without Serj

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

where ya thinking of going?

I'm debating whether to base the holiday around a band I want to see on foreign soil, or just go for a straight up sun holiday. I think I'll go with the sun holiday though, I need warmth in my bones.

Trivago.ie do some nice deals, a week in Lanzarote looks affordable and I'd have high probability of good weather.

Anyone else planning a break away this summer?

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    First I heard of that, it'd suck to lose Serj :(
    Wouldn't be the same at all without Serj

True. You could hear his influence or lack there of on the last two albums.
    xerces wrote: »

I was eying up flights and hotels in Oslo for some point during the Summer, Xerces. Still haven't booked anything yet though. Can't say that a beach holiday ever appealed to be tbh. I tend to gravitate toward the 'cultural' experience of a city break. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Completely different style of game, though still an RTS. Truthfully I preferred 1, though I enjoyed the hell out of the campaign of 2 and its expansions. According to steam I've got 122 hours of DoW2 vanilla, 78 of Chaos Rising, and 177 of Retribution. Not sure of my times on the first series, I had the disks, so steam didn't keep track of the times, and then when I lost the disks I got the steam versions instead.

If any of you wanna add me on steam, this is me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/dennyyyyy/

HoursPlayed_zps3eed487d.jpg

Scrub :p

Also have this as a little bonus!

2012-10-28_00005_zpsc2bc68bd.jpg

2012-10-29_00004_zps931b19fb.jpg

we're some bunch of nerds :p

xerces wrote: »

Not quite Summer, but have a week in Berlin booked for September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Anybody else ecstatic that Soundgarden are playing here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Nea wrote: »
    Anybody else ecstatic that Soundgarden are playing here?

Yep. Gonna go and would recommend anyone who hasn't seen them to check them out. Seen them almost a year ago at Werchter and they were brilliant.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ohhhh I might try and go to it,I love soundgarden.

Will probably mosey along to Soundgarden alright. One of those bands that have to be seen, aren't they?

Never cared for Soundgarden myself. I'd rather see Audioslave, and that's just cause that had 3 of the 4 members of Rage in it.

Never cared for Soundgarden myself. I'd rather see Audioslave, and that's just cause that had 3 of the 4 members of Rage in it.

I'd love to see rage against the machine again :D.

• Advertisement

Likewise, I've only seen them once, and that was at Oxegen. The only time I'd go to that bloody thing :pac:

Not quite Summer, but have a week in Berlin booked for September.

Good spot alright. Plenty to do and see. What's the plan while you're there, SN?

Likewise, I've only seen them once, and that was at Oxegen. The only time I'd go to that bloody thing :pac:

Thats where I saw them,they were unreal,I would have loved to have seen them when they played feile in 94 I think it was But I was too young :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Same here tbh
    Although i'm not keen on audioslave too!

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Same here tbh
    Although i'm not keen on audioslave too!

Yeah, I only like a handful of their songs. Far, far bigger Rage fan.

Passenger wrote: »
    Good spot alright. Plenty to do and see. What's the plan while you're there, SN?

Berlin Zoo, tour of a concentration camp, walking tour, few other things lined up. We're close to the city centre as far as I know so can wander around to the Reichstag and and Brandenburg gate easily enough. Have to test out the beer extensively of course :) Though obviously Bavaria would be better for that.

Girlfriend is fantastic at organising these things :pac:

Berlin Zoo wasn't all I imagined it would be though I did see a Polar Bear which was nice. The aquarium which is part of the Zoo is supposed to be good but it was closed when I was there.

There's a LOAD of Rock/Metal bars to check out too. Some better than others but most of them are scattered around the same area in Friedrichshain. The Rock und Wiking Bar is a good spot where they serve mead in horns and there's a bunch of others too which you'll find yourself on Metal Travel Guide. Another decent bar is Halford Bar which is near Alexanderplatz. Anyway, you'll have a good time, I'm sure. ;)

Woo-hoo! :D

got 2 more piercings done today, I've always wanted like a row of them up along my ear from the lobe, so I'm up to 5 now. bad news is one of the existing ones looks like it'll have to be repositioned, which is a bit of work I didn't expect I'd need to have done :( but otherwise, all is good :D

What have you got, Links, studs or rings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Passenger wrote: »
    I was eying up flights and hotels in Oslo for some point during the Summer, Xerces. Still haven't booked anything yet though. Can't say that a beach holiday ever appealed to be tbh. I tend to gravitate toward the 'cultural' experience of a city break. ;)

I can understand that, and often I'd feel the same, but this year it's a case of simply needing to recharge my batteries. I'm looking forward to doing as little as possible by lying by the pool, soaking up some sun and sipping cocktails all week.

That's great, I've never been to Oslo, I'd say it'd be very interesting. I'd like to visit Norway at some point, I believe there is stunning and dramatic scenery throughout. In fact, a documentary I watched called 'True Norwegian Black Metal' highlighted some aspects of its impressive landscape.

Advertisement