Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Passenger wrote: »
    What have you got, Links, studs or rings?

Rings ;)

mostly rings, but I've got a labret in my lip. planning on putting more rings in my lip at some point :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've got 3 bars in my lip, and a ring in my septum. I plan to get my ears done eventually, maybe the bridge of my nose some time too.

Deadly, I'd love to get the bridge done but I wear glasses :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I love body-mods, the feeling of getting a tattoo or piercing is great :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

xerces wrote: »
    I can understand that, and often I'd feel the same, but this year it's a case of simply needing to recharge my batteries. I'm looking forward to doing as little as possible by lying by the pool, soaking up some sun and sipping cocktails all week.

That's great, I've never been to Oslo, I'd say it'd be very interesting. I'd like to visit Norway at some point, I believe there is stunning and dramatic scenery throughout. In fact, a documentary I watched called 'True Norwegian Black Metal' highlighted some aspects of its impressive landscape.

Sounds like a plan if you're looking to take it easy for a few days alright. City breaks you sometimes tend to rush around to make sure you see all the sights. :D

Angron wrote: »
    I love body-mods, the feeling of getting a tattoo or piercing is great :D

Been years since I had a piercing.

• Advertisement

Last piercing I got was over a year ago, but had to take it out. Caught pneumonia right after I got it, and it was just too hard to take care of when I was so sick. Last tattoo was last summer I think.

Nea wrote: »
    Anybody else ecstatic that Soundgarden are playing here?
    lord lucan wrote: »
    Yep. Gonna go and would recommend anyone who hasn't seen them to check them out. Seen them almost a year ago at Werchter and they were brilliant.

And now that Graveyard have been announced as support it's even more incentive to attend. ;)

Last piercing I got was over a year ago, but had to take it out. Caught pneumonia right after I got it, and it was just too hard to take care of when I was so sick.

awww that's awful :(

I might be a happy bunny :D 'cos I might have a new toy on the way :o maybe :p

What's the toy?

New Amp?

• Advertisement

Sold my amp, but no new one yet...

I did however order a shiny new Pod HD500 :)

Nice. ;)

hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week :D

new amp will probably be a long time off though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Yeah, I only like a handful of their songs. Far, far bigger Rage fan.

I think other than Cochise (is that the name of the song? - the "play loud" one) I dont like much of their stuff tbh.

I more like RATM. I did go through a phase of hating them when they had the xmas number one and were overplayed.

**** **** **** **** **** :mad: way outbid on a pair of boots on ebay :(

Have you ever won a bid?

no, only buy it now items :(

we put in a max bid this time but other people put in much larger bids it seems. they were just willing to pay more :( god damn they were gorgeous though

I get passionate about buying shoes don't i? :p

Hey, we all have our passions, Links. Yours is shoes. Maybe it's the thrill of the bidding process that you like the most. :D

No! I HATE it >_<

Also, I'd have lovely shoes now, instead of echoing disapointment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I really don't bid on auctions on eBay, usually jiust "buy it now" items.

No one uses it correctly for bidding. It works fine in theory, everyone enters their max price and then the highest gets the item. However because people dont enter their max, they keep increasing, it doesnt work and is infuriating.

If you really want to bid on auctions you should download some sniping software.

I've never actually bid on an item on ebay, just buy it now. The sniping at the very end would just annoy me too much.

my problem is the kinda things I've been bidding on have been rare as hell and there hasn't been a buy it now option :o

ah well, I'll get some new shoes and/or boots eventually :)

how's everyone been today?

All good here. Just seen that Alex Skolnick Trio are performing in the Button Factory in Sept. :D

I had to look up to see who Alex Skolnick is, and oh wow he was in Testament! I was expecting I would be ignorant of who he is but nope, I actually have a few of those Testament albums :D

His solo stuff is quite a departure from the Thrash Metal of Testament. Check out some of his Jazz covers of Rock songs on YouTube. ;)

I was reading about it on wikipedia, might definitely give it a look later ;)

in other news, got my hospital appointment for august, was wondering when that would be :D

I'm home on my own, so I've spent the day going between doing actual work, and browsing websites, all while listening to some music. I love reading the prison forum here, it's pretty funny when someone gets banned and flips out.

I love reading the prison forum here, it's pretty funny when someone gets banned and flips out.

yeah, but most of the time it's idiots pulling the same old excuses again and again. sure it's my brother's account, I've no idea why I'm banned!

• Advertisement

Why is it always the brother? ;_;

When you get a good one, and Gordon or Zaph really get into their stride though, it's fantastic.

Advertisement