Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm out of touch, last week I discovered that Deep Purple have a new a studio album out. I have about 14/15 albums by them and yet was clueless about NOW What?!. Just listening to a few tracks and its great. So note to self google fav bands and see what they are up to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

ooooh, morning folks ;)

the headache is strong with this one :o I got a little drunk :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got a bit tipsy myself last night :P Funniest was the guy who's 21st it was though, when we got to the night club he drank a bit too much too quickly, and wound up falling asleep :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Hope yiz have recovered by now anyway. :D

Been listening to Alcest the past couple days. Man they're good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Passenger wrote: »
    Hope yiz have recovered by now anyway. :D

Been listening to Alcest the past couple days. Man they're good.

Yes. Seen them a couple of times, once headlining The Pint and when they supported Katatonia on their Dead End Kings tour in The Button Factory. My favourites are Ecailles De Lune Part 1 and 2, I couldn't stop listening to both of those when I first discovered them.

Listening to Weather Systems by Anathema with a few glasses of wine at the moment, it's an album that's taken a lot of flak, but I've always enjoyed it.

• Advertisement

I was at that Katatonia gig. Didn't get to see them in The Pint as I wasn't a fan when they performed here but I'd certainly go next time they're here.

I like Weather Systems too. It's a decent album and it received plenty of good reviews tbh.

How is everybody today?

yo ;)

pretty good, except that the girlfriend fell off her bike and she was freaking me out with her bloody knee :eek: I'm actually woozy. :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

No good with blood links? :P

Aye, that's not very Metal to be feeling woozy now is it, Links?! :P

• Advertisement

nope, I'm definitely not good with blood at all

and yet I watch all sorts of crazy Korean serial killer movies that are the most gory things out :pac: I'm a connundrum :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Grand, myself. I'm not too bad with blood myself, I hate getting blood taken though, but that's more to do with the needle I guess!

Came back on Saturday from Hong Kong where I've been staying for a while, delighted to be home, not to effected by jet lag too (yet), but the fatigue hit me like a sledgehammer today, it sucks!

Nailz wrote: »
    Grand, myself. I'm not too bad with blood myself, I hate getting blood taken though, but that's more to do with the needle I guess!

Always been ok with the needle too actually. :D
    Nailz wrote: »
    Came back on Saturday from Hong Kong where I've been staying for a while, delighted to be home, not to effected by jet lag too (yet), but the fatigue hit me like a sledgehammer today, it sucks!

Nice! How was life in Hong Kong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Always been ok with the needle too actually. :D
    I think I'm safe from any sort of needle based drug addiction anyway; if there's anything more hateful than having someone else stab you in the arm it's having someone else do it to you!
    Nice! How was life in Hong Kong?
    Hot, humid, polluted, stormy and overcrowded. :P Was studying there, the locals aren't a big fan of foreigners, but get to know other "Gwailos" and it was grand. Completely different from Ireland. Delighted to be back though.

No matter how many needles I get poked and prodded with, I still never get used to it :o

between regular blood tests, monthly implant injections in the stomach (really not fun, especially if one goes through a nerve :eek: ) and getting loads of piercings, you'd think I wouldn't have an issue? nope, I still find 'em sore as hell and I'm nervous as anything when a needle comes too close :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I'm actually not bad with needles at all, I can give blood, have blood taken - the fainting is just from the loss of the blood :o:p

Yet I don't have one piercing or tattoo on me!

I hope one day to get a tattoo - when I'm fully certain of what I want - deciding where on me is one of my biggest issues.

Got my Avenged Sevenfold ticket - yay :)

yay, I should get some tickets for stuff :p

damn though, I can't sit still barely waiting for the post to arrive, I should have something very shiny and awesome :3

I got a new toy, I got a new toy :D

VqwsT2Ul.jpg

Well that'll keep you busy for a while anyway. ;)

Was playing Ratchet and Clank earlier, got a visitor who made himself comfortable: https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/976784_10151641003108584_852987496_o.jpg

:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The always fantastic 'Zen Pencils' had a metal themed comic today. Won't embed as it's quite large. Worth reading the text at the bottom for a background.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

It's too hot!

I need to go on holiday, preferably somewhere grim and frostbitten

Sounds like my kind of holiday :D

seriously, it's too damn hot... I can't take it, I feel exhausted :(

Yeah, I went for a walk and I was baking hot. Of course, it doesn't help that nearly all of my clothing is black...

same but I was also wearing knee length socks and my docs, so I was roasting from the bottom up :o

wearing flip flops now tho, I still feel too hot.

was finally sitting down with my new Pod HD500 tonight, so much stuff to do, was installing drivers and software and there's still loads more tweaking and getting to know how to use it, but damn... just some of the default settings :eek: it is sounding AWESOME :D I was actually gonna play with it loads yesterday but I got so tired I passed out. can't believe it arrived tuesday and I hadn't even gotten around to using it until tonight.

I may need new headphones though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Links234 wrote: »
    was finally sitting down with my new Pod HD500 tonight, so much stuff to do, was installing drivers and software and there's still loads more tweaking and getting to know how to use it, but damn... just some of the default settings :eek: it is sounding AWESOME :D I was actually gonna play with it loads yesterday but I got so tired I passed out. can't believe it arrived tuesday and I hadn't even gotten around to using it until tonight.

I may need new headphones though :(

now get yourself a tube power amp and a 2 x 12 and you have TONE! :D

now get yourself a tube power amp and a 2 x 12 and you have TONE! :D

I think I need to figure out how to work it first... I used to have a Pod XT and it's very very different altogether. just using headphones atm though

• Advertisement

hope everyone's having a good weekend :D

Advertisement