Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Angron wrote: »
    Zero crowd interaction, and they sort of seemed like they didn't really want to be there. Of course, I'm not a fan of their music in the first place, so that may colour my opinion of the show.

haha, ya think :P

I saw them live and I think the no crowd interaction is kinda mysterious. It seems to be their "thing" or "bit".

Anyway I go to gigs to hear the musicians I like play live, not to hear "how are ye doin"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm just saying, it wouldn't have killed them to show a vague bit of interest in playing somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

I'm just saying, it wouldn't have killed them to show a vague bit of interest in playing somewhere.

To be fair most bands who do the whole "You're the greatest crowd ever/put your horns in the air" schtick sound very contrived and pre-programmed. Like they have a few lines to rattle off to every crowd they play to.

Just give me some passionate playing and quality sound. ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

But it didn't seem passionate, it seemed like they were just going through the motions.

But it didn't seem passionate, it seemed like they were just going through the motions.

Where did you see them?

• Advertisement

Marley Park, when they were there with Metallica, Alice in Chains, A7X and I think the first band was Glyder or something like that.

Seen them 5 times and that wasn't the strongest performance I seen them play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

My friend's band opened for them when they played in Vicar St, I hear it was a pretty great gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

oh dear, did you know Nic Cage's son is in a metal band? they're really, really not good at all :pac:

I did not, what's the band's name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mastodon indoor absolutely lay waste to places....and now they playing smaller venues! Its gonna be one hell of a night. Outdoors their sound does get lost, so if not interested in them, its easy to think its boring.

I did not, what's the band's name?

Eyes of Noctum

300.cage.lc.042511.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

Passenger wrote: »
    300.cage.lc.042511.jpg

Oh no...

you know what they say about him, though...

despite all his rage, he's still the son of nicolas cage :pac:

Links234 wrote: »

Boooooooooooo!

I'll get my coat :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I laughed. Then again the worse the joke/pun, the more likely I am to laugh.

I hate puns, one of my friends is terrible for making them. He said he's just waiting for the day I snap and beat the hell out of him for a really bad one :pac:

in that case you don't ever want to be in a room with me, I'm terrible for bad puns :p

• Advertisement

jla_zps1644aca6.png

New James LaBrie album "Impermanent Resonance" to be released. The previous two were very good so this should be as good.
    The album's lineup is intact from the previous recording, featuring Marco Sfogli from Italy on guitar, Ray Riendeau (Halford, Machines of Loving Grace) on bass, and Swedish drummer Peter Wildoer (Darkane, Majestic, Arch Enemy, etc.), who was a finalist in the Dream Theater drum auditions. Additionally, former Soilwork guitarist Peter Wichers came into the fold to contribute songwriting and studio guitars.

"To me this album incorporates and continues with the styles and musical direction that we have created with the previous releases," says James LaBrie. "The difference being that the music on this disc is to me a true telling of the songs evolving and taking on a sense of identity that is every band's ultimate goal. It is powerful, memorable, hook-driven and above all extremely musical. It shows how the writing and the band itself have matured. I truly feel that this is our quintessential album."

in that case you don't ever want to be in a room with me, I'm terrible for bad puns :p
    I prefer using sarcasm myself :P

Oh my ! :eek: new James LaBrie, that deserves its own thread Passenger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Passenger wrote: »
    New James LaBrie album "Impermanent Resonance" to be released. The previous two were very good so this should be as good.

Excellent. After a quick Google, I see that the release date is July 29th in Europe (August 6th in North America).

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=190799

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

Scott Ian djing in Bruxelles Saturday night

Oh my ! :eek: new James LaBrie, that deserves its own thread Passenger!

I would've done that if there were some songs, Links. They'll surly release a few snippets of the new album soon. :D
    xerces wrote: »
    Excellent. After a quick Google, I see that the release date is July 29th in Europe (August 6th in North America).

:D
    Clemenza wrote: »
    Scott Ian djing in Bruxelles Saturday night

Excellent! Given the fact that I'm in there most weekends a new DJ would be fantastic. ;)

I know I've been moaning about the heat, but I think I nearly passed out today. had to pop into a bar and get a glass of water and the bar lady there was like are you ok? sit down, relax and stay in the shade for a bit..

got an early birthday present from the girlfriend last night though :D

It's 20c here now, I can't go outside. Sometimes I feel like the only person in the area who'd rather it was cold :P

we're kindred spirits so Angron, grim and frostbitten is in our blood

• Advertisement

Actually got a little bit of tan the past couple days. Vitamin D is good for yiz. ;)

Advertisement