Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Another beautiful day!
    'Tis to keep up for the weekend :)
    Shame I've to work tomorrow :(

Anyone got plans for the weekend? :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Sod all planned, saving my money for next week :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Beautiful day indeed, sorry to hear you have to work tomorrow Zwillinge :P.

Not up to much this weekend, will watch Ireland v Faroe Islands tonight and game two of the NBA finals on Sunday :).

Any plans yourself, besides working?

Have some friends coming over for tea, cake and the match :D
    Hopefully we aren't a disaster now!!

Hehe, will have to save some money for next weekend myself ;) And then get it changed into pounds! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

felt horrible today, was really not able to sleep well the last few days at all, and it all just hit me this morning :( felt like hell.

ended up going to the cinema tonight, a wonderful dark air conditioned room. splendid! :)

saw the iceman, was great :D

• Advertisement

looking forward to the new superman movie, but am I the only one who thinks general zod looks totally like Roy Khan?

Man-of-Steel-Trailer-General-Zod-Reveal.jpg
    Michael-Shannon-as-Genera-008.jpg

Roy_Khan__s_Wallpaper_by_Krad_Khan.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was actually wondering what Khan was doing now that he's left Kamelot, apparently he's quit music altogether.

I know, it's sad :(

he's got an absolutely incredible voice and it's a shame it's not being put out there, but as someone who suffers anxiety issues I can relate and I know how crippling it can be, so I have every sympathy for him. hopefully he'll do music again after a break, but I understand if he doesn't

Yeah, Khan's voice made Kamelot one of the only (sort of) power metal bands I really liked.

Yeah, I understand stuff like that myself, it's never really easy.

• Advertisement

he's insanely good, and when I heard he left Kamelot, I just didn't want to bother with them any more because I didn't think anyone could step into his spot and do it justice, but Tommy blew me away! he's awesome, and the new album was absolutely terrific to boot :D

Oh Alissa White-Gluz :D

My favourite Kamelot song is easily March of Mephisto, I love Shagrath's part.

she is spectacular :D

and yeah, that's the song that introduced me to Kamelot in the first place ;)

I think it's the first one I heard too. The first power metal band I listened to was Manowar, who were just so ridiculous that I could not take them seriously as a band.

could never get into Manowar either :o

not sure what the first power metal band I got into was... maybe Blind Guardian? ****ing Hansi :D

anyway, I might have to go brave the sun, take the dog out and get lunch with the other half. take it easy! ;)

Coolio, enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Speaking of Kamelot, I was only listening to them today. Great band. I thought Roy Kahn was an outstanding vocalist and pretty much irreplaceable and I thought they may call it a day when he left but Tommy, as Links said, is technically as good as Roy and very similar range and style. It would be great to see Roy back in music again.

The Black Halo is a masterpiece imo.

Passenger wrote: »
    Speaking of Kamelot, I was only listening to them today. Great band. I thought Roy Kahn was an outstanding vocalist and pretty much irreplaceable and I thought they may call it a day when he left but Tommy, as Links said, is technically as good as Roy and very similar range and style. It would be great to see Roy back in music again.

The Black Halo is a masterpiece imo.
    I agree, best album they have for me.

Angron wrote: »
    I agree, best album they have for me.

It's a beautifully crafted Power Metal album from start to finish. In fact I can't think of a better Power Metal album. It epitomizes everything that is great about Power Metal without all the musical cliches and lyrical tropes you get with other bands.

Like everything Manowar does? :pac:

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    Like everything Manowar does? :pac:

Don't even get me started on Manowar. They represent everything that is risible about Metal. Even thinking about that band is making me shudder.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Passenger wrote: »
    Don't even get me started on Manowar. They represent everything that is risible about Metal. Even thinking about that band is making me shudder.

:pac:

They do have some wonderfully cheesy songs :P

Just has to be taken with a grain of salt!

hey folks, hope you've all had a good weekend ;)

Eh it was ok. How was yours Links?

grand, nothing too exciting, had a lazy lie in yesterday and watch Krull in all it's dated cheesy glory!

how about you?

Been playing the Batman Arkham Asylum game a bit after I got it cheap on steam. It's pretty good I have to say.

I only got Arkham City myself, but it was awesome :D

I got City too, but the 17 gb download is gonna take a hell of a long time with my internet. I get a max of 2-300 kb/s download normally.

Love the Batman games :D
    They're great!

I got an ice cream in work from one of the lads :o;)

Went to see Labrynth in the cinema yesterday - first time ever seeing it fully through and I loved every David-Bowie-Crotch-Thrusting moment! :o:) Magical film!

So, Slayer tonight... Mixed feelings about the whole gig!
    Looking forward to it, but also sad about going, what with Jeff.

• Advertisement

I'm going to tomorrow's show, so I know the feeling. I know Jeff wouldn't have been at the show had he been alive anyway, but it's still sad.

Advertisement