Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

They're after Finntroll. Wintersun is probably the next one for me in July.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My next likely one is Children of Bodom, then possibly Avenged Sevenfold.

I thought you were a die hard DM head, Angron?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, but when I started getting into metal I was a big A7X fan. It'd be fun to go to it, even if it's just for old times sake.

Aye, you'll always have a soft spot for those gateway bands you listened to when you were getting into Metal.

• Advertisement

Right, I'm off for a bit of a cycle, lest I wind up killing someone here. Seeya later.

Have a good 'un.

Damn it. I go to cycle and it starts raining then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Hola from Spain :D. This + Boards of Canada's new album = good times:

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/3316/6pmx.jpg

Mastodon was great craic on Wednesday, highlight for me was when they played Octopus Has No Friends and Stargasm consecutively.

Heading to a BBQ shortly, hope all is well with yee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

wow, look at that sunshine! :eek: I'd die there :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, but when I started getting into metal I was a big A7X fan. It'd be fun to go to it, even if it's just for old times sake.

Yeah Im gonna be going to the A7X gig.

Then again, having a deathbat tattoo I would have to go :P

When'd you get the deathbat tattoo?

Just looking through all the upcoming gigs that I may attend and there are over 20 that I would like to see. Only have tickets for two yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Passenger wrote: »
    Just looking through all the upcoming gigs that I may attend and there are over 20 that I would like to see. Only have tickets for two yet though.
    To be fair it turned out to be a great year for gigs in Ireland. I've a couple of definites in Lamb Of God and Fleetwood Mac, then there's a couple of maybes with Soundgarden and QOTSA. Seen Slayer last week, but missed Devin Townsend , Mastodon and Red Fang (just tonight), but made up for all of them at Donington last weekend. Plenty of others coming up too, could get even busier.

Lamb of God. Knew I left one out.

The weather's not too bad now :D it's shiny out, but not overly hot, this I can stand!

too many gigs for me to even think about going to, I'd kinda half like to see Children of Bodom too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Links234 wrote: »
    The weather's not too bad now :D it's shiny out, but not overly hot, this I can stand!

too many gigs for me to even think about going to, I'd kinda half like to see Children of Bodom too

Do it :D I'm looking forward to it, even though my initial love for them has worn away somewhat.

Next gig is Friday - Limp Bizkit in Milan.
    Lets see if drunken Zwill made a good decision booking that trip :pac::D:pac:
    Getting fierce slaggings in work over it :o:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

Hoping this gig that MCD has booked in Marley Park first weekend in August is Muse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Parkway Drive tonight. Haven't been to a metal gig in bloody ages. PIty no alcohol served. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Clemenza wrote: »
    Hoping this gig that MCD has booked in Marley Park first weekend in August is Muse

I'm hoping for Green Day, just so Fall Out Boy may tag along :o

• Advertisement

Two bands I wouldn't see if I was paid to :pac: Only time I've been in Marley Park was for Metallica.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

That_Guy wrote: »
    Parkway Drive tonight

Nnnnoooooooooooo. How the **** did I only find out about this now?? :(
    Enjoy the gig while I curse my own stupidity

Kudos for the James LaBrie track, Links. ;) Was listing to Static Impulse earlier 'n all.

:D

I'm looking forward to that more than the new Dream Theater tbh :p

also, just found out that "Justin Giger" is a thing, which is awesome: http://justingiger.tumblr.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I wish Slipknot would play a show or 2 in Ireland

Ooh, Dublin Metal Events have said they have a few Death metal shows lined up, I'm quite curious about this :D

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I wish Slipknot would play a show or 2 in Ireland

They have played a few shows here. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Passenger wrote: »
    They have played a few shows here. ;)

:eek: Have i missed something, when were Slipknot in Ireland

:D

I'm looking forward to that more than the new Dream Theater tbh :p

There's no need for that kind of talk now, Links. :cool:

also, just found out that "Justin Giger" is a thing, which is awesome: http://justingiger.tumblr.com/

That's fantastic. :D

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    :eek: Have i missed something, when were Slipknot in Ireland

2004 with Metallica in the RDS and a headline show in 2007??

Advertisement