Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Dunno, I'm not really that fond of Apple I guess. Besides, when I want albums I have a local music place that'll order in CDs for me.

Actually, that reminds me, I need to order in the new Mumakil album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Passenger wrote: »
    That's quite definitive guys. Is there a reason?
    yup, like I was saying, DRM and not even owning the music you pay for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Is anybody up to anything nice tonight?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Going to a 21st, so getting pretty drunk. You?

Going to have a few tasty beverages and maybe see a band.

• Advertisement

I'd actually kill for a pint right about now, but it would be an extremely bad idea with the antibiotics and painkillers :o

killer is, they got in something new on cask in my local and I would really love to try it.

What's it called?

Might have a few pints of O'Hara's Stout tonight. Nom nom nom. :D

Yeah but you have something to look forward to now, Links. ;)

it's the porterhouse hop head, angron

nah passenger, it'll probably be gone by the time I'm off all the meds :o

Morning folks ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Does anybody use iTunes for downloading their music?
    Hell no

And I recently bought an iphone but I still wont use iTunes to buy anything.

For many reasons (apart from those mentioned), I also hate the "buy track" idea. Buy the F'king album...

tumblr_lkrba2wkxR1qg1y19o1_400.gif

Ok I just bid on a pair of boots on ebay but alas I was outbid. The thing is that I put my bid in the last 15 seconds but was immediately outbid with some sort of automated response message so I made a second bid with 8 seconds to go but again I got the 'You have been outbid" response instantaneously.

The thing is that there hasn't been any bids in the last 24 hours which leads me to suspect that bidders have and automated bidder doing the work for them to instantaneously outbid anybody who bids on an item. I mean what's the point of ebay allowing this to happen when essentially people have a computer is doing the bidding for them?!

Links, I think you might relate. :o

Links, I think you might relate. :o

Yup! ;)

it's horrible, isn't it?

well, you can put in maximum bids and let it bid for you, that's kinda how it works

Yes but it shows the maximum bid in the bids page where you see who and what bids have been made and I outbid that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,631 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Yes but it shows the maximum bid in the bids page where you see who and what bids have been made and I outbid that.

But it doesn't show the highest bidder's highest bid until you have made your own bid. That's just how it works.

Is the highest bid is displayed at 50, the actual highest bid might be anything. For now, let's say it is 100. You see 50 and bid 55, ebay will then outbid you on the highest bidder's behalf by bringing it up to 60. You bid 65 and it will go up to 70, etc etc

Long story short, you don't necessarily pay what you bid. You only bid the maximum of what you are willing to spend, but if you win, you are charged a bit more than what the 2nd highest guy is willing to spend

But it doesn't show the highest bidder's highest bid until you have made your own bid. That's just how it works.

Is the highest bid is displayed at 50, the actual highest bid might be anything. For now, let's say it is 100. You see 50 and bid 55, ebay will then outbid you on the highest bidder's behalf by bringing it up to 60. You bid 65 and it will go up to 70, etc etc

Long story short, you don't necessarily pay what you bid. You only bid the maximum of what you are willing to spend, but if you win, you are charged a bit more than what the 2nd highest guy is willing to spend

Ah, fair enough. Assumed the highest bid was what was displayed. First time bidding and last time too. Gonna stick with Buy It Now. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,631 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

But It Now is the easiest thing to do. Like you, I generally don't have the patience for bidding unless its something special.

Dell temporarily had their outlet store on ebay a few years back. A few friends of mine caught wind of this and picked up some bargains by camping on certain computers and bidding with seconds to go. Back then, the XPS rigs they bought were around €400 cheaper than new through the store.

More recently, I picked up a Digidelay pedal for €70 by following the item and only placing my bid with seconds to go.

I've started watching Highschool of the Dead just to see if it was actually as bad people say... it's worse! :pac:

• Advertisement

not a bad day today, how's everyone so far?

Hey Links. I'm all right, apart from kind of wanting to scratch my eyes out cause of hayfever. How're you?

not so bad, hangfever is a bummer, suffered with it quite a bit :o

gonna go see World War Z later with friends and herself is making pizza later, so I'm not cooking for once! I already cooked lunch today, made french toast and white pudding, was an awesome combination :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Have World War Z booked for myself and a boy for tomorrow :o
    I took the initative on this one! :D

Is it a good film though, Links??

Happy to see Psykosis added with Evile as support :D

actually way better than I thought it would be! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Greetings and salutations :D.

Found out I passed my exams today, happy out.

woo hoo! grats ;)

Up in Dubbyland now, having pizza at a friends. Trip up was crap, had to stand nearly the whole way up on the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Thanks Links.

Had a few celebratory beers last night, bit of a head today :o.

How's everyone else?

• Advertisement

I'm good, kinda stressed but meeting friends for lunch and maybe gonna have a quiet pint later now that I'm off all the meds :)

Advertisement