Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Links234 wrote: »
    I got a little bit too much :p The haul so far:

System Shock 2
    Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon
    The Last Remnant
    The Witcher 2
    Tomb Raider ROW
    L.A. Noire Complete Edition
    Borderlands 2: Assassin Domination Pack
    Borderlands 2 Psycho Pack
    Borderlands 2: Mechromancer Pack
    Borderlands 2 Season Pass ROW
    Borderlands GOTY
    XCOM Enemy Unknown (ROW)
    The Walking Dead
    FTL: Faster Than Light

I love xcom :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Just holding out for bioshock infinite now :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yay, got the New Vegas DLC for 75% off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

I got a little bit too much :p The haul so far:

System Shock 2
    Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon
    The Last Remnant
    The Witcher 2
    Tomb Raider ROW
    L.A. Noire Complete Edition
    Borderlands 2: Assassin Domination Pack
    Borderlands 2 Psycho Pack
    Borderlands 2: Mechromancer Pack
    Borderlands 2 Season Pass ROW
    Borderlands GOTY
    XCOM Enemy Unknown (ROW)
    The Walking Dead
    FTL: Faster Than Light

I see you remembered my recommendation :P. I'll make it my business to listen to Versaille.

I've got three albums; Holy Grail, Jubilee and Noble. Which would you recommend?

What's New Vegas like?
    xerces wrote: »
    I see you remembered my recommendation :P. I'll make it my business to listen to Versaille.

I've got three albums; Holy Grail, Jubilee and Noble. Which would you recommend?

Yup! I think it had been on my wish list since then ;) I was crafty and held off buying anything until the sale. Like, apart from a present my girlfriend got me, I didn't get anything new. :p

Holy Grail I think might be their most accessible, this is from the Holy Grail tour DVD, first track of the album:

• Advertisement

Holy Grail I think might be their most accessible, this is from the Holy Grail tour DVD, first track of the album:

Nice one, I'll give Holy Grail a good listen soon.

I think I'll try to get hold of BioShock Infinite during the Steam sale, there's a lot of talk about it in gaming circles and I want to see what the fuss is about :pac:. I can't remember the last time I bought a pc game, I'm interested to see how it runs on this laptop I bought last year.

I'm a complete pc gamer myself, no consoles. Though I did kinda get an itch for the last of us,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What's New Vegas like?

I love it, it's why I was hoping to get a nice deal on the DLC. I've got about 40-50 hours of it without the DLC.

Damn, I've really bought enough already :p

It's silly that the DLC alone is 5,69, but the game with the DLC included is 4,99.

At least I assume the ultimate edition has all the DLC too.

• Advertisement

Just saw pacific rim.

Film of the year so far! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

It has received good reviews too.

It's seriously worth seeing.

It was a big budget summer blockbuster that was not a sequel, a remake/reboot, or an adaptation of an existing comic-book or videogame franchise, and that's something incredibly rare indeed.

It breaks the mold of a gung-ho "America, **** YEAH!" the US saves the world type movie, instead shows the entire world working together.

It looks completely different to anything else out there, it doesn't try to be dark and gritty with a washed out colour palette like too many movies do today, it looks glorious.

Honestly, see it ;)

I think I'll be seeing it for sure, Links. Really think that Del Toro is a very talented filmmaker so it should be worth seeing it for him alone.

If you liked the Hellboy films, which I LOOOOVED :D you'll have an idea of the kinda fun you're in for. I also love that the monsters were pretty much taken straight out of the pages of Hellboy/BPRD

Just from reading some of the interviews with Del Toro it seems like a treat for the eyes alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I've seen it twice already!

It's frickin' awesome :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Just started playing Borderlands 2 today, through plenty of recommendations (including here).

Umm, I die a lot. Is this normal?

Kinda, until you get used to it. What class are you playing as?

Well, I'm in the airport, about to thunder off towards London :p

• Advertisement

Is that for the Anime Con? Hope it's a good 'un ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Siren. Admittedly, I keep forgetting to use phaselock until after I've died.

Well, its still early days and its been a while since I've played a shooter with keyboard and mouse. I reached Sanctuary recently so hopefully its just a matter of getting used to the gameplay

Actually the other half is going in to hospital, she'll be in for a week. I'm going to the anime con for a day at the weekend 'cos she insisted I go have a good time while we're over here. I'm going to get her a nice present at the con so :)

My sister is heading to the US today, she nearly had a false start though. Turns out the Visa, that the travel agent said was all sorted, wasn't there at all. Luckily they were able to get one done in the airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Man, that guy just isn't gonna learn. Those are some serious suspicions as well. I wonder will we actually find out what he was up to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Man, that guy just isn't gonna learn. Those are some serious suspicions as well. I wonder will we actually find out what he was up to

They mention a link between himself and Anders Breivik, Varg was fairly critical of Breivik on his site:

http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/war_in_europe05.shtml

Site is offline at the moment too. The homepage is still up but the rest is down. Interesting!

Actually the other half is going in to hospital, she'll be in for a week. I'm going to the anime con for a day at the weekend 'cos she insisted I go have a good time while we're over here. I'm going to get her a nice present at the con so :)

I getcha, you could get one day at the con and bring her back something nice to the hospital to say thanks.

I'm down in Cork minding my sister's dog while she's away for a couple days, he's good fun, he's just a puppy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wish I was going to that :(

• Advertisement

So herself is out of surgery and doing well, but was very sleepy indeed last night. Can't wait until I get back to see her, but can't visit until 2.

Advertisement