Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

That's great to hear, Links. :) Hope she's on the mend asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Yeah I imagine it's an anxious time for you both, glad to hear she's doing well Links :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Was the surgery for anything serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I guess now would be an inappropriate time to link Cannibal Corpse album covers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I guess now would be an inappropriate time to link Cannibal Corpse album covers?

Is there ever an appropriate time to link to Cannibal Corpse album covers? :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Is there ever an appropriate time to link to Cannibal Corpse album covers? :P
    Yes, I call it every situation ever :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can anyone recommend some bands similar in style to decapitated and cryptopsy please?

Vader, Necrophagist, Suffocation or a personal favourite would be Nile. They would be in a similar vein to those mentioned.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

thank you passanger :D

No bother, Sephiroth. ;) All quality DM bands. Some superb musicianship with those bands mentioned too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Not strictly similar to them, but Cryptopsy had Cattle Decapitation and Decrepit Birth touring with them when they were here recently, so I'd say give them a lash.

Necrophagist Are exactly what I'm looking for :).

Danny Carey has stated that the new Tool album is "most likely" looking to be slated for an early 2014 release date. Haven't listened to them in a while. Does the news of a new album elicit excitement in fans?

Well one of my friends will be happy, he's been wanting a new album for the last few years. Not a fan myself though.

Jeez you're quick on the reply trigger, Angron. :pac:

Well I was just browsing the Lexicanum website, spotted an alert for a new e-mail, and here I am :pac:

Ah, you're all set up with email post alerts. I find the whole 'Alert' business to be a little intrusive. If I want to read a message/email/post I'll actively look for it. Anyway, how's yourself this evening?

Eh, I'm ok. Have some ribs cooking at the mo, and am just browsing the net aimlessly now. Got the new Mumakil album this weekend, and that's pretty nice.

How're you?

Grand, listening to some Watchtower atm. You like your grindcore anyway.

Yeah, even among my metal friends I find most of them wouldn't listen to much of it beyond Napalm Death. Shame, but I love bands like Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Mumakil, Leng Tch'e, Pig Destroyer, and so on.

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, even among my metal friends I find most of them wouldn't listen to much of it beyond Napalm Death. Shame, but I love bands like Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Mumakil, Leng Tch'e, Pig Destroyer, and so on.

I love napalm death,Great band.

Aye, they sure are. I skipped having a 20th birthday party with friends to go see them before :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Passenger wrote: »
    Danny Carey has stated that the new Tool album is "most likely" looking to be slated for an early 2014 release date. Haven't listened to them in a while. Does the news of a new album elicit excitement in fans?

Damn straight it does. Hopefully a gig here to follow.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Yeah I'd be very excited to hear a new Tool album, saying 'early 2014' and not just '2014' gives me hope that there's a bit of movement with it. I still listen to them often, along with MJK's other projects, he's one of my favourite vocalists. They're one of a number of bands I have to see at some point, I'd be over the moon if they announced a new album and came here on their travels.

Also spotted this beauty beside that Tool article:

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/news/27915/New-Tim-Hecker-Album/

I've listened to a lot of Tim Hecker over the last several months so I'm delighted to see that there's a new album in the pipeline, his last album really struck a chord with me.

The only tool album I've ever listened to is Ænima,what other albums of there's are worth listening too?

Angron wrote: »
    Aye, they sure are. I skipped having a 20th birthday party with friends to go see them before :pac:

I would have done the same :D.

The only tool album I've ever listened to is Ænima,what other albums of there's are worth listening too?

I would say that Lateralus is the one to have, Sephiroth. It has exquisite production, covers a gamut of complex themes including astrology, the Fibonacci sequence, Qabalah and has some of the most hypnotic passages and arrangements on any of their albums. Do a little research on it and you'll see what it's all about. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

So, herself is being discharged from hospital today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Links234 wrote: »
    So, herself is being discharged from hospital today :)

Great news :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

xerces wrote: »
    I've listened to a lot of Tim Hecker over the last several months so I'm delighted to see that there's a new album in the pipeline, his last album really struck a chord with me.
    Tim Hecker is the man. His previous stuff (Jetone) is worth checking out too.

Advertisement