Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That's good Links, how is she?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Links234 wrote: »
    So, herself is being discharged from hospital today :)

Are you treating her to something nice tonight, Links? You're in London after all. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Passenger wrote: »
    Danny Carey has stated that the new Tool album is "most likely" looking to be slated for an early 2014 release date. Haven't listened to them in a while. Does the news of a new album elicit excitement in fans?

Definitely has me excited. I'm actually listening to 10,000 Days as I type this.

I saw them back in 2006 and would absolutely love if they came here again. And I'm optimistic that they'll do a good job with the new album. Would love to hear some sneak peaks, although I somehow doubt we'll get any what with it being Tool

Listening to some Symphony X and realised that the last 3 albums just don't compare to their output in the 90's. Some incredible albums like Twilight in Olympus, The Damnation Game, The Divine Wings of Tragedy, V. Russell Allen's vocals have changed considerably too which was one of the main reasons I loved the early albums so much.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I quite liked The Odyssey, though V is my favourite album. Haven't listened to the much in a good while now.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Had my biggest ever Texas Hold'em Tournament win last night, finished 5th out of 341 to win $97.86. Big money :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

...weeeellllllll today sucked. :( Herself has been admitted to hospital and is having a blood transfusion :( I had a gigantic ****ing panic attack

xerces wrote: »
    Had my biggest ever Texas Hold'em Tournament win last night, finished 5th out of 341 to win $97.86. Big money :pac:.

Congrats, Xerces. Some say that gambling is a mugs game. Though obviously not if you're winning. :p What are you gonna spend your winnings on?

...weeeellllllll today sucked. :( Herself has been admitted to hospital and is having a blood transfusion :( I had a gigantic ****ing panic attack

I hope you and your OH are feeling better today anyway, Links. Can only imagine what you were feeling.

Congrats, Xerces. Some say that gambling is a mugs game. Though obviously not if you're winning. :p What are you gonna spend your winnings on?

Yeah, I'm well-aware of the dangers of gambling and what can happen if you lose the run of yourself. I enter about one tournament a week, with a max buy-in of $5, so I'm a casual player that doesn't have any delusions about making serious money from it. I play because I enjoy the game and if I can finish high in the rankings most of the time, then that's great. I'm currently ranked as a 5-star King in Scheduled Tournaments on pokerprolabs.com and that gives me more satisfaction than any amount money I win.

As regards the winnings, I think I'll leave it in my Paddy Power Poker account to fund the weekly $5 dollar tournaments I'll be entering :).

Hope everything is ok Links

• Advertisement

Damn, sorry to hear that Links. As Passenger said, hope things are better today and that you're both all right.

Good news/bad news situation.

The good is that she's out of the woods, she's looking incredible and really back to her old self again. She's staying in for a few more tests to make sure everything is ok, but honestly its all looking extremely good. :)

Bad news is, I'm travelling home alone tomorrow. :(

Great to hear she's ok! Hopefully no complications.

no, looks like she's out of the woods now. I'm just so upset I won't be there for her any longer

I'm sure she's in good hands there, Links. Sounds like you're doing your best.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

At the risk of sounding insensitive, but i'm just curious to know what's wrong with Links234 other half

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    At the risk of sounding insensitive, but i'm just curious to know what's wrong with Links234 other half

Wouldn't say that it's insensitive, more nosy. ;)

Seems that she lost a lot of blood post-operatively after major surgery, which I don't know if she's ok with me giving details of.

I'm home :(

I had never felt such a long time traveling, it just seemed to drag out so much.

Were you flying?

• Advertisement

train then plane then bus, it wasn't really all that long it just felt like it.

So this is a thing apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

So this is a thing apparently

They could have just released a big concert in Imax... But no, they have to make this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    They could have just released a big concert in Imax... But no, they have to make this

I agree!! That would have done.

But I also know I'll see this film :o

Hope everything is ok Links!!

Dr.Poca wrote: »

That sounds like a better idea alright. There's just something a little self indulgent about it though that's not entirely surprising.

That sounds like a better idea alright. There's just something a little self indulgent about it though that's not entirely surprising.

I think that after 30 years, Metallica can do whatever they please :D, i know i'll be seeing Through The Never if it's released in Irish cinema's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I think that after 30 years, Metallica can do whatever they please :D

They can, and without a doubt, they will do what they please. But, that doesn't stop it from being horribly self indulgent. Would have been a better use of their time and money to write and record a new album rather than this shite.

It's getting harder and harder these days for me to respect Metallica.

Would have been a better use of their time and money to write and record a new album rather than this

Surely Through The Never is just brand Metallica using another medium to market the name and get exposure?! And putting all their creative endeavor into a new album would probably be more welcomed by fans considering the shortcomings of their most recent musical output, or are the fans all delira and excira about this?

They can, and without a doubt, they will do what they please. But, that doesn't stop it from being horribly self indulgent. Would have been a better use of their time and money to write and record a new album rather than this shite.

All valid points, they can do self indulgent things from time to time, but Metallica definitely could've put their money & time into writing & recording a new album, but all in good time,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Passenger, love the sig dude! ;)

Rockstar Games are badasses, they sent me a load of R* Studios stickers there in the post the other day complete with the "With compliments" R* company signature. I'm deciding whether to put R* North, R* San Diego or R* Leed on my rucksack...

Advertisement