Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Nailz wrote: »
    Passenger, love the sig dude! ;)

Rockstar Games are badasses, they sent me a load of R* Studios stickers there in the post the other day complete with the "With compliments" R* company signature. I'm deciding whether to put R* North, R* San Diego or R* Leed on my rucksack...

Thanks, Nailz. I made it myself. And why did they send you complimentary stickers?! I'd be tempted to use R* North one, seeing as it's the home of GTA. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I've just been installing a load of games on steam today :p

I dunno when I'm gonna play them all! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Passenger wrote: »
    Thanks, Nailz. I made it myself. And why did they send you complimentary stickers?! I'd be tempted to use R* North one, seeing as it's the home of GTA. ;)
    Good stuff, looks the part! I asked for them, simply, thought it was worth a shot and it paid off. If you follow Rockstar on Twitter, message them (privately) and ask them if they can send out a few stickers and leave your name and address. They got back to me in 2 or 3 days and I received them via airmail from London in a couple of days, sent them out pretty much straight away. It's the complete set of studios and also the famous yellow and black logo, awesome.

Goes to show what asking gets you. Good shout on the R* North sticker by the way! ;)

Edit: Here's a wee photo I took of the full set when they arrived, I was clearly chuffed with them!

1005088_10201418703860126_271812246_n.jpg

I broke the page, sorry. :pac:

Good stuff, looks the part! I asked for them, simply, thought it was worth a shot and it paid off. If you follow Rockstar on Twitter, message them (privately) and ask them if they can send out a few stickers and leave your name and address. They got back to me in 2 or 3 days and I received them via airmail from London in a couple of days, sent them out pretty much straight away. It's the complete set of studios and also the famous yellow and black logo, awesome.

Goes to show what asking gets you. Good shout on the R* North sticker by the way! ;)

Nice one, Nailz! That's a pretty natty collection they sent alright. I'm tempted to email them now. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Cool, let me know how you get on!

I believe this belongs here...

:pac:

• Advertisement

I believe this belongs here...

There are nerds here? WHERE?! :eek:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

/runs

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

/runs

But you're a Science Nerd. That's okay! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

LOL :D

I've been installing a load of games too,damn steam sale :eek:

I'm a complete weeaboo anyway so I'm one to talk :p

• Advertisement

I'm exhausted, haven't been sleeping too well and I don't have the energy to cook dinner :p

have nice salmon and some fresh pak choi to make some stir fry with, I know it's gonna be very little effort, but... meh :pac:

Links234 wrote: »
    I'm a complete weeaboo anyway so I'm one to talk :p

A-ha! I had to look up weeabo therefore I'm not a nerd, right?!
    have nice salmon and some fresh pak choi to make some stir fry with, I know it's gonna be very little effort, but... meh :pac:

Salmon is the staple of any nutritious diet. And is delish. Did you know that Salman is rich in Omega-3 fats which work through reducing inflammation in our bodies. Inflammation is turning out to be at the base of many health problems, including heart disease, diabetes, some types of cancers and arthritis. Omega-3’s also help prevent the blood clots which cause many strokes. A fairly recent development is the realisation that omega-3 fats have potential to help slow cognitive problems such as Alzheimer’s disease and age-related cognitive decline.

If anybody says 'nerd' around here again, I'm telling ye! Pow!! Right in the kisser. :cool:

Omega 3 fatty acids have also been linked with prostate cancer :p

Omega 3 fatty acids have also been linked with prostate cancer :p

You're paid to think, not to talk, Mister Scientist.

sp_0802_13_m4.jpg?width=200

I wonder can I use that excuse next time I've to do a presentation

I wonder can I use that excuse next time I've to do a presentation

Only if an egomaniacal U.S. Army General is in attendance.

I got my dinner sorted anyway, and then ate a whole pommegranate :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Cajun salmon ftw, I cook it at least once a week, along with taking daily Omega 3 and multi-vitamin supplements. It's great for your skin too... (<- how metal is that last statement /m/ :P)

I've actually had salmon 3 days this week :p fish 4 days :o I had tempura yesterday with white fish, prawn and squid and I was a happy bunny :D I do like fish an awful lot

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Fish is ok, I'm not mad keen on it though. I love steak, rare and bloody.

• Advertisement

I'll generally take fish over steak most days ;) I just don't eat beef all that often I guess

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I hated steak as a kid, just cause I always got it well done. First time I had it rare, I never looked back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

ham and cheese toasty mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

not good for you but real gooooood!!

We always got steak cooked to death too, because it was always a poor cut so best cremated, lived in middle of 'road don't you know!

Yeah, I used to have the good old cremated boot leather as a kid, and then discovered the joys of a properly done steak. but even so, I tend to enjoy fish a lot more and steak is a rarity.

actually, it was only last week I had steak but otherwise it's not that often I have it

and I'm having the ultimate in lazy dinner today, fish fingers and waffles :p

and I'm having the ultimate in lazy dinner today, fish fingers and waffles :p

Whipped up a nice Carbonara just there now. Nyom nyom nyom...

Hmm, that reminds me, must do a nice pasta again for herself when she gets back ;) I do a good one with Chorizo that's very nice :)

is it just me, or does anyone else think it's odd that anime doesn't seem that popular on boards? :confused:

is it just me, or does anyone else think it's odd that anime doesn't seem that popular on boards? :confused:

I think it's rather refreshing. ;)

Passenger wrote: »
    I think it's rather refreshing. ;)

:p

seriously, I do find it odd considering the amount of people I'd know in real life who are fans or at least casually interested, not to mention the overlap with general nerds and internet culture, we just don't see much fandom here? like the Anime & Manga forum on boards is rather dead. and I just don't get it?

• Advertisement

I've got a bit of an interest in it, but I've never really gone onto the anime and manga forum here.

Advertisement