Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Angron wrote: »
    I've got a bit of an interest in it, but I've never really gone onto the anime and manga forum here.

Maybe that's just it, people enjoy it but don't really talk about it? I don't venture in there too much myself either

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well it's not that I don't talk about it, I've just never really bothered. I only really talk about it with the pokémon folks, and some of my other friends from outside boards.

I really don't get the pokemon thing,

or for that matter any of the Naruto, Dragonball or One Piece fandom... it's odd, but I feel like a bit of an outsider even at some anime events :p

I made rice crispy buns with nutella tonight :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I grew up with pokémon, and got bullied a fair bit in school, so it was my main escape. Got really into it, and that never really went away. Dragonball was something I enjoyed too, never cared much about Naruto though, and never watched One Piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Links234 wrote: »
    I made rice crispy buns with nutella tonight :D

Now that sounds tasty. :)

• Advertisement

sorry to hear you got bullied, I can relate a lot to that and needing an escape

it's probably me showing my age, but when I was a kid it was Ninja Turtles everyone was obsessed over :p

Remember Street Sharks? One of the many, many TMNT knock-offs :pac:

nope, I don't really.

you know what was awesome though? Gargoyles :D

t9xrw4.gif

Is that one of the guys from Community?

Is that one of the guys from Community?

Yeah, it's Abed ;)

good show that :D

• Advertisement

I've only watched two or three episodes of that at a friends house, seemed pretty good all right.

it's something I find rare, an American comedy without a laugh track.

it's something I find rare, an American comedy without a laugh track.

Quite a few, if not most of the quality shows forgo laugh-tracks nowadays.

Passenger wrote: »
    Quite a few, if not most of the quality shows forgo laugh-tracks nowadays.
    what else does?

Parks & Recreation, The Office, 30 Rock, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Modern Family are the ones that immediately spring to mind.

I've only seen Curb Your Enthusiasm :o

I've only seen Curb Your Enthusiasm :o

For shame, Links. :pac:

*shrugs*

Not my division

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Parks and Recs is an amazing show, as is Community :)

Oh snap Links, I'm going to make Rice Krispie buns, with added Fluff, for my friend. Going over to Clare tomorrow to visit her and her 3 month old baba :D Can't wait to meet the little fella!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Found this in a "terrible band name" thread. Just happens to be quite good :)

• Advertisement

Oh wow, Malcolm Tucker is the new Doctor :D

Found this in a "terrible band name" thread. Just happens to be quite good :)

A case in which the music defines the name as opposed to the name defining the band.
    Oh wow, Malcolm Tucker is the new Doctor :D

Malcolm Tucker from The Thick of It?

Passenger wrote: »
    Malcolm Tucker from The Thick of It?

The very same :D

the actor is the new Doctor Who ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I've got a bit of an interest in it, but I've never really gone onto the anime and manga forum here.
    Maybe that's just it, people enjoy it but don't really talk about it? I don't venture in there too much myself either

:D

good god, I remember that :p had Ghost in the Shell on VHS back in the day

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I only found out recently that song is actually by celtic frost.

I only found out recently that song is actually by celtic frost.
    really? I did not know that

did they record it specifically for that promo, or is there a full length song that was sampled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Just spotted this. Very disappointing, never got to see Jonas play with them. :(
    JONAS KJELLGREN LEAVES SCAR SYMMETRY

It is with heavy hearts that we finally make it official: Jonas has decided to leave Scar Symmetry. Due to scheduling conflicts with his studio work and his other bands - Raubtier and Bourbon Boys - Jonas hasn't been able to perform live with Scar Symmetry for the past one and a half years, and from what he has told us, he will not be able to in the foreseeabl...e future either.

Back in 2004, Henrik and I got to know Jonas when recording with our previous band in his studio. We quickly became friends, and it was inevitable that soon enough, we would start talking about forming a new band together. It has been an amazing journey since, making the music of our dreams come to life on five albums, being picked up by the legendary Nuclear Blast Records and touring all over Europe and North America.

We won't bring in an offical replacement, instead we'll continue as a 5-piece, sometimes bringing in a session guitar player for live shows - just as we effectively have been doing it since Jonas quit touring with us.

This Friday, we'll perform at UK's Bloodstock festival which marks the end of the touring cycle for 'The Unseen Empire'. Next up is finalizing the songwriting for our next recording project, which will be our most ambititous yet!

Thank you Jonas for the good times, the friendship and the amazing music, you will be missed!

/Per and Scar Symmetry

• Advertisement

roast wrote: »
    Just spotted this. Very disappointing, never got to see Jonas play with them. :(

The gig in the Pint a few months ago was fantastic.

Advertisement