Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Angron wrote: »
    Huh, apparently some of the DME shows set for the Pint are being moved to the Voodoo Lounge for capacity reasons.

Form the DME facebook
    A number of shows will be announced shortly as moving from The Pint to Voodoo Lounge Dublin. Watch this space. Just to reiterate, The Pint has been nothing but awesome to DME and this is all purely down to a capacity issue. The Pint will continue to host some DME shows and we continue to have a great relationship with everyone there. On the flipside, there is an excitement about going back to Voodoo Lounge as there were many great DME shows in there before it closed a few years ago.

Looking at going to see Grand Magus next year which is supposed to be in the Pint, be interesting to see if its moved.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Is Finntroll still in the pint?

I remember seeing Green Carnation in the Voodoo years back :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

Form the DME facebook

Looking at going to see Grand Magus next year which is supposed to be in the Pint, be interesting to see if its moved.

Sorry, I've been out of Ireland for a while - what's The Pint? Do ye mean the Point (Depot) or whatever it's called now?

Caonima wrote: »
    Sorry, I've been out of Ireland for a while - what's The Pint? Do ye mean the Point (Depot) or whatever it's called now?

No the Pint is a pub on Eden Quay who do gigs, very different from the Point in terms of capacity :)

No the Pint is a pub on Eden Quay who do gigs, very different from the Point in terms of capacity :)

Thanks. Mainly rock gigs?

• Advertisement

I've only ever been there for Rock/Metal gigs, but I wouldn't pay enough attention to the place to know if other styles play there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

The Pint does all kinds of gigs. It's a regular venue for DME promoted gigs though. ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Caonima wrote: »
    When I've talked about it quite a few people thought I was on about the Point, and were wondering how some of the bands I go to see were playing there :P

The following shows will move from The Pint to Voodoo Lounge Dublin.

Individual events, posters etc will be updated shortly. All existing tickets will remain valid.

Finntroll + Týr + Skálmöld - 3rd October

Mourning Beloveth + Dread Sovereign + TOME - 30th November

Xentrix + Visceral Attack + Animator - 7th December

Grand Magus - 13th March 2014

Passenger wrote: »
    The following shows will move from The Pint to Voodoo Lounge Dublin.

Individual events, posters etc will be updated shortly. All existing tickets will remain valid.

Finntroll + Týr + Skálmöld - 3rd October

Mourning Beloveth + Dread Sovereign + TOME - 30th November

Xentrix + Visceral Attack + Animator - 7th December

Grand Magus - 13th March 2014

Finntroll? Just saw them the other day here. Good band; didn't know anything about them before I went. Even met them in my friend's pub later.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Actually, saw something on Mourning Beloveth today. They were supposed to play a show in Cologne in Germany on the 28th of next month with Ahab and Marche Funèbre, but the promoter had to cancel for some health reason. Ahab are appealing to any other promoter in the area to get a show in the same area for the same day to try and avoid disappointing people.

Woo hoo! I'll be able to see finntroll :D

Also, just had one of those iron maiden the trooper ales :D

What was the ale like? I know I've heard about them, but I've never actually had, or even seen them.

The salt house in galway has them

Not too shabby at all, very English tasting ;)

Where abouts is the Salt House?

Raven's terrace, its near Monroe's. Lemme know if you wanna go for one, can meet up for a pint ;)

Oh, I vaguely know the area. Haven't been in Monroe's in about a year and a half though.

The only reason I go to Monroe's is for one of those awesome cooked breakfasts :D otherwise not my kinda place, but I just mention it to give you an idea of where the salt house is.

What are people's opinions of that Aviva ad on TV where Mario Rosenstock does the whole cliche Metaller schtick?

Haven't seen it, don't watch tv. Got a link?

• Advertisement

This seems to be the best quality that YouTube can throw up atm.

I hate it. Not because of the metal thing, I've thought all the Aviva ads have been annoying as hell.

There's also a second one where he's growling and making noise on the guitar and instead of doing the 'Horns' he does the 'phone' gesture. *cringe*

I saw his show once before, didn't think it was particularly good really. Not quite as annoying as those awful hidden camera shows like Naked Camera or The Fear though *shudder*

Links234 wrote: »
    The salt house in galway has them

Not too shabby at all, very English tasting ;)

Really need to locate somewhere doing them, think the Brewdock might have it.

That reminds me, have any of you had some of the Brewdog beers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

One of my favourite breweries. Try any of their range?

Tried Trooper Ale the other week and it's pretty good. Definitely not just a money making exercise for Maiden and something I would definitely have again.

The Thomas House has it, Mr. Nerd. ;)

I've had a few, they aren't too bad. I know I've had Punk IPA, Dead Pony Club, and 5 AM Saint, don't think I've tried any of the others though.

• Advertisement

Passenger wrote: »
    The Thomas House has it, Mr. Nerd. ;)
    I was in there on Friday night for the first time funnily enough, they didn't seem to have it. I kept an eye out because I saw them advertising it on their facebook, but it was expected to go quickly.

Yep loads of them :) The staples (5am Saint, Punk, Hardcore, Dead Pony Club etc) are all fantastic. Others can be a bit hit and miss. Obviously I've tried the infamous Sink the Bismarck and Tactical Nuclear Penguin (42% and 32% respectively :pac:). Went to the Brewdog bar in Glasgow when I was over to see Steve Wilson.

Advertisement