Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Haven't they stopped making Sink the Bismarck? I can't find it (or TNP) on their site any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Not too sure about that, but I know you can still get Tokyo, which is just TNP before it is freeze distilled. At 18% and being a stout, it's like a meal in a bottle.

I actually have three limited edition Brewdog beers chilling in the freezer just waiting for the weekend to roll around. My second batch of homebrew will also be ready this weekend, so the weekend can't get here any faster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Angron wrote: »
    That reminds me, have any of you had some of the Brewdog beers?

Yeah, loads. They're good, but my criticism would be that they all taste kinda samey just at various strengths, I love the Punk IPA and the Dead Pony Club, but they're basically the same ale, just the Punk is the stronger.

I was in the Brewdog in Camden, pretty nice place altogether ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Angron wrote: »
    Haven't they stopped making Sink the Bismarck? I can't find it (or TNP) on their site any more.

News to me if they have, but it's very possible.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I have no idea if they have stopped making them, but I do find it odd that they wouldn't be on the site any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Links234 wrote: »
    The salt house in galway has them

Not too shabby at all, very English tasting ;)
    Sorry I'm late to the conversation here... That's brilliant, I had one at the Download Festival this year and thought it was a very nice ale — which British ales general are, but it's price was purely novel and it was out of a plastic bottle. [that rhymes]

Luckily I'll be moving back over to Gaillimh this weekend for college so I'll be able to head into the Salt House and give it another go!

Was it served in a bottle? How was it price-wise?

Yeah, in a bottle. Price was pretty expensive for what it was though

You can get Jaipur on tap in there for €5 for a 2/3rd pint, which is nothing short of amazing :D

Also, do I smell a Galway Rock & Metal gathering brewing? :p

I'm sure I could make that somehow :P on the bus to Galway now, yay for on-board WiFi :D

You can get Jaipur on tap in there for €5 for a 2/3rd pint, which is nothing short of amazing :D

Yeah, Jaipur is one hell of a tasty IPA. 8 degrees (a Cork brewer) have two new IPA's out now, Cyclone and Hurricane, and I think they are just as nice as the Juiper and are cheaper for a pint (around €5.50), even though they are 7% each. Good God, I would love a drink tonight!

• Advertisement

I've had some 8 Degrees stuff before, might give those ones a go too ;)

Today, R&M is the beer forum :p

Booze and blast beats (it's the best I can come up with :P)

Tried the 2 new 8 degrees beers (On tap in the Bull and Castle), both very nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Been on a Buried At Sea bent the past few weeks. Not a big IPA fan at all. I like my Porters.

I like buried at sea, but their stormy port was way better tbh

I like buried at sea, but their stormy port was way better tbh

Think you're in the minority with that opinion :p It's Buried at Sea all the way for me anyway. Trouble's Dark Arts is lovely as well.

The bassist from Caspian died apparently :( Saw them supporting God is an Astronaut in 2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Dark Arts is the business. Trouble Brewing have recently moved to a bigger brewery in Kildare and apparently they're collaborating with Galway Hooker on a new brew too so that'll be interesting to see.

I'm not alone, I know a few folks who prefered the stormy port as well ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

RIP Chris Friedrich, bassist from Caspian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

RIP

I've noticed a lot of the post-rock bands posting about him. Nice to see the whole community kinda coming together. Really shows how there's a lot of crossover between the band and their fans.

On that note, what do people thing of the new God is an Astronaut album? I like that they've done something different. I know it'll divide fans, but I'm really enjoying it. I think it's a good thing that they're willing to change their sound rather than release the same album over and over

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    RIP

I've noticed a lot of the post-rock bands posting about him. Nice to see the whole community kinda coming together. Really shows how there's a lot of crossover between the band and their fans.

On that note, what do people thing of the new God is an Astronaut album? I like that they've done something different. I know it'll divide fans, but I'm really enjoying it. I think it's a good thing that they're willing to change their sound rather than release the same album over and over

I'm still unsure whether I like it or not. On first listen I wasn't overly impressed at all.It seemed to be lacking, maybe the intensity of previous efforts. Hopefully it will grow on me though. Having heard Prisms by 65Dos, some of the tracks on Origins seem kind of tame. It is great to see a band not standing still and trying to progress their sound. I will probably head along to the gig in October and see how it sounds live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    On that note, what do people thing of the new God is an Astronaut album?

I didn't know it was out yet, is it just me or does it not say on their website that Origins is coming 16/09/13 (16th Sept '13) :confused:.

http://www.superadmusic.com/god/

It's on Spotify so I'll give it a listen later today.

Maye83 wrote: »
    I didn't know it was out yet, is it just me or does it not say on their website that Origins is coming 16/09/13 (16th Sept '13) :confused:.

http://www.superadmusic.com/god/

It's on Spotify so I'll give it a listen later today.
    They decided to release it early for some reason, bit out of the blue. Maybe they thought it was going to be leaked? Still on the fence about it myself, yet to listen to it through proper speakers though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I'm still unsure whether I like it or not. On first listen I wasn't overly impressed at all.It seemed to be lacking, maybe the intensity of previous efforts. Hopefully it will grow on me though. Having heard Prisms by 65Dos, some of the tracks on Origins seem kind of tame. It is great to see a band not standing still and trying to progress their sound. I will probably head along to the gig in October and see how it sounds live.

I haven't heard them, I'll check that album out.

Yeah, I feel like I'm in the minority who likes it on first listen or two :P

Mind you, that doesn't mean I'll keep going bnack to it over time. And the gig will definitely be worth going to I expect!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Happy Friday y'all :)

Limp Bizkit tickets are secured - bring on Nekrogoblikon :D

Hope you all have a great weekend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Happy Friday y'all :)

Limp Bizkit tickets are secured - bring on Nekrogoblikon :D

Hope you all have a great weekend :)

I just got bizkit tickets too, never heard of this goblin band?

Zombienosh wrote: »
    I just got bizkit tickets too, never heard of this goblin band?

Educate yourself:

I have never listened to any of their other stuff, nor do I want to, but that video is simply brilliant!

Wait, what? Nekrogoblikon are playing somewhere?

• Advertisement

Never mind, supporting Limp Bizkit... I don't know if I could suffer a gig like that :o

Advertisement