Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I see your point there :P Like I've been tempted to go to Papa Roach for old times sake, but Limp Bizkit would be a step too far :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'd love to see them, but it would just be like going for a 3 course meal where the dessert is a baseball bat to the back of the head

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I fell in love with Nekrogoblikon at Download Festival :D:D

I completely love Limpy Gimpy (I grew up in the Nu-Metal exposion) so for me this is a proper party! Goblins and Red Caps...
    Should I... Should I dress up as a goblin in a red cap?? :eek: :D :pac:

Oh Angron, go to Papa Roach! :) Feel the teenager burst from within with excitement :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I more or less grew up in the nu-metal explosion, I just didn't think a lot of it was very good. I'd have listened to the odd Korn song, but not much beyond that.

if we're going for nostalgia, I used to be a fanatic for Cradle of Filth :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, I more or less grew up in the nu-metal explosion, I just didn't think a lot of it was very good. I'd have listened to the odd Korn song, but not much beyond that.

Ahh I see!
    I had my fill of the nu metal era at this years Download Festival - Think KoRn was my favourite act actually - think I had the perfect amount of alcohol, weather and the music was just amazing :)

Think they just need to play a gig here and we'll have most of the Nu Metallers from teenage hood back :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I managed to see both Papa Roach and Limp Bizkit this summer and tbh, I found Papa Roach to be boring. Limp Bizkit were class though. I wasn't expecting them to be any good at all, but thought that I might as well check them out for a laugh. They were brilliant though. I think that at this stage the kind of know they are a bit of a joke and kind of played the gig for a laugh, which made of a really entertaining gig. Kinda tempted to go to the Dublin gig now.

Links234 wrote: »
    if we're going for nostalgia, I used to be a fanatic for Cradle of Filth :p

I still like Cradle, particularly the Midian album :P Thornography was crap though.

I still like Cradle, particularly the Midian album :P Thornography was crap though.

Midian was awesome, I still listen to it, but everything afterwards went downhill so fast. it's just not the same band any more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

It seems people are almost half ashamed of the bands they liked when they were teenagers but would still like to see those bands live. Just go, nobody will think any less of you if you attend a LB gig. Your musical credibility won't be compromised.

• Advertisement

Midian was awesome, I still listen to it, but everything afterwards went downhill so fast. it's just not the same band any more
    Well I liked a few tracks on Nymphetamine and Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder, haven't listened to much of their latest two albums though. Heck, I hadn't even realised they'd released a full album last year until I looked it up.

That's not really it Passenger, I never like Limp Bizkit in the first place and would probably not enjoy it in the least

Passenger wrote: »
    It seems people are almost half ashamed of the bands they liked when they were teenagers but would still like to see those bands live. Just go, nobody will think any less of you if you attend a LB gig. Your musical credibility won't be compromised.
    I wouldn't go see them cause I don't like the music, not for my cred :pac: Though that reminds me of one thing I hate in metal music, and that's people telling others to "educate yourself". I don't really know why, but that one phrase annoys the hell out of me.

That's not really it Passenger, I never like Limp Bizkit in the first place and would probably not enjoy it in the least

It was more of a generalisation as opposed to highlighting you specifically. ;)

yeah well you know I'm pretty unashamed of the crap I listen to anyway :pac:

I wouldn't go see them cause I don't like the music, not for my cred :pac:

But you just said that you liked them. ;)
    Yeah, I more or less grew up in the nu-metal explosion
    I've been tempted to go to Papa Roach for old times sake

I said I liked Papa Roach, not Limp Bizkit. I though that was who you were referring to.

yeah well you know I'm pretty unashamed of the crap I listen to anyway :pac:

Oh I've seen you unashamedly post those Visual kei videos. :p

Passenger wrote: »
    Oh I've seen you unashamedly post those Visual kei videos. :p
    You have? Where? I don't remember that! I deny everything!

I said I liked Papa Roach, not Limp Bizkit. I though that was who you were referring to.

As I told Links, I was speaking generally that people are half ashamed of what they listened to when they were teenagers and I was saying who cares, just go if you like it and forget about your musical cred. Or just don't tell anybody that you went to see them. I always had you pegged as a closet Roacher anyway Angron. :D

• Advertisement

While I'll always have an old time fondness for songs like "Between Angels and Insects", I don't like their newest stuff. Also, I'm kinda scarce on money cause I'm going back to college, so I can't afford to go to much in the way of concerts :P I can't even go to Children of Bodom when Napalm Death are playing with them, and that'd be a waaay higher priority than Papa Roach.

You have? Where? I don't remember that! I deny everything!

Sure nobody knows what Visual Kei is anyway so you can flaunt your questionable musical proclivities like nobodies business. :p If anybody asks just tell them it's some kind of avant garde art. :p

I never really got Avant Garde stuff. Weird just for the sake of being weird.

There's nothing questionable about my taste, it's the best! :D

While I'll always have an old time fondness for songs like "Between Angels and Insects", I don't like their newest stuff. Also, I'm kinda scarce on money cause I'm going back to college, so I can't afford to go to much in the way of concerts :P I can't even go to Children of Bodom when Napalm Death are playing with them, and that'd be a waaay higher priority than Papa Roach.

That's a gig that while I have absolutely no interest in Children of Bodom(or Boredom as some people would say) I have never seen Napalm Death and would like to see them but would I want to pay for the headliner too.

I love Bodom myself, though I don't think their later stuff has touched their second and third albums. I've seen them before twice, and once got one of the drummers sticks. Seen ND once before too, day before I turned 20. Funnily enough, Papa Roach is on my birthday too.

There's nothing questionable about my taste, it's the best! :D

Oh I'm only winding you up and I most definitely share a lot of your musical taste, Links but if you expect me to watch a 3 hour 40 min video then you crazah. :pac:

I've seen Bodom a couple of times, and they're great live, but I won't be at the gig this time.

not even sure if I'll be able to go to Eirtakon :o

ah I know you're winding me up Passenger ;) do gotta love visual kei though

I'm hoping to be able to go to Eirtakon, but even if I can't I'm certain I'll go to Akumakon.

• Advertisement

did you hear about what I'm planning for Akumakon ? :)

Advertisement