Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yup, you messaged me about it a while back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I was pondering hitting up Nom Con this weekend, as I've never been to a con before... Anyone been to that one??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nah, the only ones I've been to are Eirtakon and Akumakon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Angron wrote: »
    Yup, you messaged me about it a while back :D
    it'll be pretty damn exciting if it goes well ;)

I'd say quite a few people here might be interested too! :D

Went for a cycle, seems I was lucky. Barely back 5 minutes, and it starts raining.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Got my hands on the Iron Maidan Beer tonight :) I can honestly say I've never had another beer like it. Wasn't mad on it at first but it grew on me.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Got my hands on the Iron Maidan Beer tonight :) I can honestly say I've never had another beer like it. Wasn't mad on it at first but it grew on me.
    Where'd you get it?

Against the Grain, they'd a fair few bottles of it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Nice one on the beer :D I liked it at Download!

Spent most of today watching Waynes World and Waynes World 2 and reading The Count of Monte Cristo :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

How much was it in Against The Grain? I assume The Black Sheep have it too if they have it.

• Advertisement

you know I still haven't been there? always seem to wind up in the Black Sheep when I'm in Dublin

I don't have the foggiest where that is. Only places I've been to in Dublin are the Woolshed, Club Hell (I forget the name of the actual place), and one of the Fibbers.

pfft, Galway's where it's at anyway ;)

Passenger wrote: »
    How much was it in Against The Grain? I assume The Black Sheep have it too if they have it.

€6.66 :pac: which is a bit of a rip off in fairness :p
    Links234 wrote: »
    you know I still haven't been there? always seem to wind up in the Black Sheep when I'm in Dublin

Black Sheep is great too, ATG has more choice on tap though so I usually go there even though it's further away than Black Sheep or Brew Dock.

always seem to wind up in the Black Sheep when I'm in Dublin

I was there last night.
    I don't have the foggiest where that is. Only places I've been to in Dublin are Club Hell (I forget the name of the actual place)

O'Reilly's.
    pfft, Galway's where it's at anyway ;)

Been meaning to go on a night out there sometime. Where's the most happening bar to go to?
    €6.66 :pac: which is a bit of a rip off in fairness :p

While I appreciate their commitment to the Maiden schtick, €6.66 for a bottle of beer is ridiculous.

Been meaning to go on a night out there sometime. Where's the most happening bar to go to?

Galway Rock & Metal beers, yay! :D

depends on what you mean by happening, want to go to a more rock venue, or if you liked the Black Sheep, the Salt House is fantastic ;)

I like Sally Longs. Or there's the Roisin if you like being around hipsters.

Or there's the Roisin if you like being around hipsters.

Yeah, no... :pac:

Oh hey, guess what? I finally got a pair of boots off Ebay, I was waiting and watching months for a pair like this to come up and BANG! :D Oh yes :)

Yay for you :D

• Advertisement

Galway Rock & Metal beers, yay! :D

depends on what you mean by happening, want to go to a more rock venue, or if you liked the Black Sheep, the Salt House is fantastic ;)

Yeah, where should I go for a) tasty beverages, b) good music, or c) tasty beverages AND good music. ;)
    I like Sally Longs. Or there's the Roisin if you like being around hipsters.

I heard of Sally's alright. What's the beer/music like there?
    Oh hey, guess what? I finally got a pair of boots off Ebay, I was waiting and watching months for a pair like this to come up and BANG! :D Oh yes :)

Congrats, Links. Hope they fit. :pac:

I heard of Sally's alright. What's the beer/music like there?
    Not too bad, they have a few offers going normally, and then the juke box has a solid selection of rock and metal music too. Only downside is it closes at midnight.

Congrats, Links. Hope they fit. :pac:

I'll keep you posted ;)

Not too bad, they have a few offers going normally, and then the juke box has a solid selection of rock and metal music too. Only downside is it closes at midnight.

Midnight?!! :eek: So where do Rockers go for a night out?

I usually just end up going where ever my friends decide they are going. I'm not overly fond of most of the places, so it's all the same to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Sally's has the entire Mr. Bungle self-titled album on the jukebox, that won me over straight away!

Nailz wrote: »
    Sally's has the entire Mr. Bungle self-titled album on the jukebox, that won me over straight away!

It's also got an OK selection of beer, nothing like your craft pubs, but they have a better range on tap than a lot of other places around town, and even have a gluten free beer. the guy who owns it is a bit clueless sometimes though, it can be funny when I order a bottle of newcastle brown and he asks if I want ice with that? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

2 weeks to Soundgarden. Cant wait..

Havent been at a gig since May and now there are tons of gigs coming up

I've too much coming up. really wanna see Finntroll at any rate, then there's Eirtakon which I'd love to go to, and then I might have to go with herself to a follow up appointment in London. but it's all money money :o

• Advertisement

Nea wrote: »
    2 weeks to Soundgarden. Cant wait..

Havent been at a gig since May and now there are tons of gigs coming up

Aye, pity the gig is on a Monday though.

Advertisement