Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Sepultura - Chaos A.D. is 20 years old this week. :eek:

Do you remember the first time you heard it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Just to let people know, I sent a friend request from my new Last.fm account to the regulars of this forum who were on my old account, in case you were wondering who a recent requester was.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I knew your picture looked familiar :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

:D

So Biohazard are playing in Fibber Magees in October. Would've imagined a slightly larger venue choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Passenger wrote: »
    So Biohazard are playing in Fibber Magees in October. Would've imagined a slightly larger venue choice.

Fibbers is good craic for small bands, but the sound is abysmal. I'm consistently deaf for days afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Jimmy Eat World tonight - listened to the new album and its a pile of meh :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Does fibbers still smell like a sewer?:p

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Fibbers is good craic for small bands, but the sound is abysmal. I'm consistently deaf for days afterwards.

It's ok for some local Metal band but international acts should be performing in a venue of international standard.
    Zwillinge wrote: »
    Jimmy Eat World tonight - listened to the new album and its a pile of meh :(

Just like the rest of their albums then. :P
    Links234 wrote: »
    Does fibbers still smell like a sewer?:p

Yep. Though probably not as stinky as it was a few years ago. :D

Yep. Though probably not as stinky as it was a few years ago. :D

you know, a few friends are planning to go to Dominion again for the laugh, wonder how stinky that'll be :pac:

• Advertisement

Just like the rest of their albums then. :P

Oh, be nice ;) :P
    you know, a few friends are planning to go to Dominion again for the laugh, wonder how stinky that'll be :pac:

Oh god, do it! I went once and had the most fun! :D

Oh god, do it! I went once and had the most fun! :D

I will! ;) and I am gonna wear SO much leather :p

Oh, be nice ;) :P

:pac:

Dominion seems to be usually pretty dead (excuse the pun :D) and you can check out their photo calendar for evidence of that. Plus it's inexplicably €6 in. :eek:

Dominion seems to be usually pretty dead (excuse the pun :D) and you can check out their photo calendar for evidence of that. Plus it's inexplicably €6 in. :eek:

we gotta do it ;)

we gotta do it ;)

Any excuse to don a corset and some boots, eh?! :pac:

perhaps not the corset this time, but we'll see ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm planning on going to Shining in December, it'll be a good birthday show :D

Oooh, where they playing?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The Voodoo Lounge. For a second I was worried it was Norwegian Shining, and not Swedish Shining.

Which one's which? I think it's the swedish band my friend is into, not sure

• Advertisement

Swedish ones are the Suicidal Depressive Black Metal band, the Norwegian one is more jazzy/avant-garde I think.

Anybody any plans for tonight? I'm meeting a few friends, having a few tasty beverages, and seeing a band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Anybody any plans for tonight? I'm meeting a few friends, having a few tasty beverages, and seeing a band.

Out with work folk tonight. Looking forward to a gig soon though. Think the next one on the cards for me is Queensryche. I've completely lost track of when gigs are on these days. Too many!

I'm heading over to a friends tonight for a few drinks I believe, then heading up to Galway tomorrow.

doing nothing really here, was out last night ;)

I've taken to having a diary with days of the weeks, mostly to track what gigs are when. My friend flicked through it said "Erm, you should probably text me two days before each gig, so I know!" :P Too many gigs is a nice complaint!

Everyone have a good weekend?

I had theatre weekend - Olympia for Jimmy Eat World (Oh stop ;))
    Grand Canal for Cats =^_^= (Was the most bizarre thing I've EVER seen)
    The Gaiety for The Shawshank Redemption (Just fantastic!)

Links; did you get to Dominion?? It as dank as ever? I love how, when I was there, I felt like I was on the Continent and not Dublin :o:)

Didn't go yet,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Bill Kelliher from Mastodon sent me a Crack The Skye t-shirt for free straight from his home address; top dude!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Nailz wrote: »
    Bill Kelliher from Mastodon sent me a Crack The Skye t-shirt for free straight from his home address; top dude!

How did this come about? I'd love a free Crack the Sky tee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

How did this come about? I'd love a free Crack the Sky tee!
    Well I was emailing him for a wee while after attempting to get him to do an interview for a radio show I might be doing in the coming months and he respectfully declined. But regardless we exchanged a few emails and he asked if I wanted a Crack The Skye t-shirt, all I had to pay was the postage, and I said **** yes!

He told me the tour manager for the Crack The Skye tour ordered in far to many t-shirts and they had something like around 2,000 t-shirts left over, all of which are sitting in Bill's garage, and wants to get rid of them pretty much. I think he's selling them for $20 otherwise, I was just lucky I feel.

Advertisement