Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Nailz wrote: »
    Well I was emailing him for a wee while after attempting to get him to do an interview for a radio show I might be doing in the coming months and he respectfully declined. But regardless we exchanged a few emails and he asked if I wanted a Crack The Skye t-shirt, all I had to pay was the postage, and I said **** yes!

He told me the tour manager for the Crack The Skye tour ordered in far to many t-shirts and they had something like around 2,000 t-shirts left over, all of which are sitting in Bill's garage, and wants to get rid of them pretty much. I think he's selling them for $20 otherwise, I was just lucky I feel.

That's nice of him. Who would've thunk that it pays to pester celebrities. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

that's pretty awesome Nailz ;)

I'm waiting patiently for the postman today, it's always exciting when you're getting something in the post, it's like christmas :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Yeah that's cool Nailz, I'd love a Crack The Skye tee and to get one sent from a band member makes it all the better.

Was at a stag party down in Kenmare all weekend. Good weekend, but I realise I have to learn an appropriate song to sing for those late night/early morning singing sessions. At one point I was half thinking of going for the melodic part of Dream Theater's 'Nightmare to Remember' because for some reason it was the only lyrics I felt confident of remembering at that stage, didn't chance it in the end :D. I'll have to come prepared for the wedding.
    Links234 wrote: »
    I'm waiting patiently for the postman today, it's always exciting when you're getting something in the post, it's like christmas :D

That'll be me waiting for my GTAV Collector's Edition next Tuesday week :D.

...and it's like getting coal in your stocking when the postie doesn't show up :mad:

Had a couple nice deliveries in the post today too. :D

Did those boots arrive yet, Links?

• Advertisement

Nope! nor my girlfriend's Gates of Fire vinyl arrive either, which we're both excited to hear ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Links234 wrote: »
    that's pretty awesome Nailz ;)

Today I ordered a Serena Sailor Moon costume for Halloween :o Now I play the waiting game :D

never watched the show myself, but see plenty of folks cosplaying Sailor Moon characters at anime cons and stuff ;) hope you get it soon

Yay I have new boots :)

Congrats, Links. Enjoy! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Anyone going to F*ck Buttons tomorrow night?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Never heard of them, so probably not :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

So Derren Brown is doing a week of shows in March. Having seen him live a few years ago I would definitely recommend going if you like his stuff.

Definitely one of the best live events I've ever been to. That said, I haven't read anything about the new show yet

That could be an interesting show alright ;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    So Derren Brown is doing a week of shows in March. Having seen him live a few years ago I would definitely recommend going if you like his stuff.

Definitely one of the best live events I've ever been to. That said, I haven't read anything about the new show yet

That's something I'd definitely consider going to. I've always watched his shows when on TV, and I read his book 'Tricks Of The Mind' back when I was eager to find out more about his craft.

Tickets range from €35 - €48.50 according to Ticketmaster, with the Fri and Sat shows being a bit more expensive.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nyeh, stuff like that doesn't interest me really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Was at the Soundgarden gig last night, incredibly below average, I don't know what gig the lads on the Gigs & Events forum saw but it wasn't that one anyway, they were poor.

Nailz wrote: »
    Was at the Soundgarden gig last night, incredibly below average, I don't know what gig the lads on the Gigs & Events forum saw but it wasn't that one anyway, they were poor.

Hearing a lot of mixed reviews of the gig. Apparently the sound was iffy for a lot of songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Passenger wrote: »
    Hearing a lot of mixed reviews of the gig. Apparently the sound was iffy for a lot of songs.
    I thought it was very poor now, but in terms of sound I didn't think it was that bad at all; well not from where we were standing — pretty central, under the seating section. They were just so bland, I could've sat at home and stuck on some of the Soundgarden discography and got the same satisfaction out of it.

Not to mention they left THREE of their best songs off the setlist; Room a Thousand Years Wide, Black Hole Sun and Jesus Christ Pose. I wouldn't mind, but there were other songs I'd loved to hear them play, but those just took the biscuit. It like GNR not them anything from Appitite For Destruction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I thought it was a savage gig. Sound was ok for me but I moved into the middle as the sound was woeful for Graveyard.

I saw SG twice last year and last nights performance was the best for me. Chris sounded fantastic.They always seem to take to the stage as if they are not arsed being there,more chat than usual from Chris last night also.

Adored the setlist,it was great to hear Hunted Down,Ugly Truth,Ty Cobb ,Mailman, if Hands All Over and 4th of July made the cut it would have been a perfect setlist for me. I wasnt disappointed about BHS/JCP but its understandable that people are a bit miffed

• Advertisement

spending the evening working on my guitar ;)

I got a few instructional DVDs lately that I want to get use out of too :D some very, very awesome ones ;)

Cool. Who's on the instructional vids, Links?

2 of Leda from Deluhi/Undivide, and also got Jeff Loomis's one, so pretty kickass :D

Jeff Loomis sounds like a watchable vid alright. Are the Japanese instructional vids in English?

Nope, Japanese ;)

holy ****, Chthonic are supporting Satyricon!! :D

There are so many gigs coming up.

I know, lucky if I'm going to get to go to all the ones I'd like, but Satyricon has just beep bumped right up there to priority now because CHTHONIC! :D

I've just got the one, Shining, that I've got a ticket for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Happy Friday all :D:D

Hope you all have an amazing weekend!

To the Manic Street Preachers tonight!! :D

Advertisement