Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Happy Friday, Z. ;)

Enjoy the gig!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hey guys :D

and happy friday one and all ;)

I'm pretty pleased with myself that I got some good guitar practice in yesterday

Well done Links. ;) What was the Jeff Loomis DVD btw?

No, focusing on Leda's DVD trying to learn a Deluhi song, but the rhythms are kicking my ass. learning dream theater was easier :o

hope I don't get lynched by Dream Theater fans for saying that though :p

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »
    No, focusing on Leda's DVD trying to learn a Deluhi song, but the rhythms are kicking my ass. learning dream theater was easier :o
    hope I don't get lynched by Dream Theater fans for saying that though :p

Really though?! What's their most difficult song to play on guitar? ;)

Does that mean we now have to hear endless Deluhi posts in the Now Listening To.. thread?? :eek: Oh wait, we already do. :P

Passenger wrote: »
    Really though?! What's their most difficult song to play on guitar? ;)
    no idea! I was learning a few DT songs, and the most challenging thing was getting it up to speed, but trying to learn Deluhi stuff the rhythms are a lot harder and the intervals can be more of a challenge

this is the song I'm attempting now, it's all broken down on Leda's Vandalism DVD:

Passenger wrote: »
    Does that mean we now have to hear endless Deluhi posts in the Now Listening To.. thread?? :eek: Oh wait, we already do. :P

>_<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

"Absolutely no wallets were harmed in the making of this music video"

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

65daysofstatic are playing 4 Irish dates in January. One of my favourite albums of the year.

Jan 15 Cyprus Avenue
    Jan 16 Dolan's Limerick,
    Jan 17 Roisin Dubh Galway,
    Jan 18 Button Factory Dublin,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Will likely pop along to that. Only have their album "One Time For All Time" but it's damn enjoyable to be fair.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Will likely pop along to that. Only have their album "One Time For All Time" but it's damn enjoyable to be fair.

I think Wild Light is their best album, they really have raised the bar with it.

I just scored a huge bundle of used Visual Kei CDs and DVDs :D I am absolutely thrilled

so, everyone having a good weekend?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Eh, had better. You?

Aye, going well, Links. Had a few tasty beverages yesterday. Tried the new Galway Bay/Trouble Brewing collaboration called Troubled Hooker and it's rather tasty. Gonna go to Mael Mordha in The Pint tonight. What are you up to?

hope things are ok Angron

I've had that troubled hooker, not bad at all, especially on cask ;)

I might be heading to Mael Mordha tomorrow in Galway if I can afford it, should be kick ass :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It's just seeing the spot where my dog is buried, it sucks pretty hard.

oh :(

yeah, I get you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Sorry Angron x

Decent weekend - spent too much money in Pennys and bought Catwoman converse - meow :o

Awaiting the end of the day for final Breaking Bad - shall be an emotional mess by the evening!

• Advertisement

Mael Mordha was great last night, though the set was quite short :(

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Awaiting the end of the day for final Breaking Bad - shall be an emotional mess by the evening!

Still waiting until the season is complete and then I'll watch it in one whole block of the six episodes. Can't watch it every week and then wait in anticipation until the next one. :pac:

Who's going to Finntroll on Thursday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Zwillinge wrote: »

We watched it in work today, had a bit of a Breaking Bad finale party.

I really didn't mind waiting a week for a new episode but now I have nothing to look forward to next week. It'll be hard to find another series that can engross me so much :(

Finntroll looks unlikely :(

might go buy tickets for Satyricon so I won't feel pinched closer the date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Mael Mordha was great last night, though the set was quite short :(

Ah crap, I meant to go to that. Is the new album actually out then? I don't see it on their website

New Iced Earth album artwork and tracklisting revealed.
    Iced Earth today reveals the cover artwork for new album “Plagues of Babylon,” which can be viewed below. "Plagues of Babylon" follows previous album "Dystopia", and the track listing is as follows:

1. Plagues of Babylon
    2. Democide
    3. The Culling
    4. Among The Living Dead
    5. Resistance
    6. The End?
    7. If I Could See You
    8. Cthulhu
    9. Peacemaker
    10. Parasite
    11. Spirit of the Times
    12. Highwayman

A specific release date for the album has not yet been announced, but further details are expected shortly.

ajyu.jpg

Have to say I think Stu Block was a very good replacement for Matt Barlow and it'll be interesting to see if the band makes any kind of progression from Dystopia now that he's settled in to their sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Has anyone ever been to Roadburn Festival? Considering heading to it next year and just wondering if anyone had any experiences of it to share!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I am heading to see Volbeat in London in a couple of weeks and I have only now realised that Iced Earth are supporting.
    Not bad for 20 quid

• Advertisement

RiutrD5.png

Advertisement