Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

I was wondering about the support myself. Doesn't seem to be any support mentioned about any of their Irish gigs in the coming week. Gonna be checking them out in Cyprus Avenue in Cork on Thursday. Should be a great start to the Jazz weekend!

How was the gig?

Xenon Field are supporting them in The Academy in Dublin. This Saturday in the Academy Dublin, doors are 7pm, Xenon Field 7.15pm, God Is An Astronaut onstage at 8pm sharp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Passenger wrote: »
    How was the gig?

Xenon Field are supporting them in The Academy in Dublin. This Saturday in the Academy Dublin, doors are 7pm, Xenon Field 7.15pm, God Is An Astronaut onstage at 8pm sharp.

If your a fan of the band I'd say you are going to love it. It was my first time seeing them and I've never really listen to a lot of their stuff before, but I enjoyed it.

We had some girl with a laptop playing some ambient noise stuff for an hour as the support. It got a bit tedious after a while and kind of killed the atmosphere in the venue. But, it really picked up again when GiaA came on. I think they played for just over an hour and half. Some decent support in Dublin could make for a very good gig. Enjoy!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

These guys are back in the Button Factory tonight along with Chelsea Wolfe. Only e17 and tickets still left.

God Is An Astronaut were superb last night. Great sound and a well rounded performance. Really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

God Is An Astronaut were superb last night. Great sound and a well rounded performance. Really enjoyed it.

Mad that they finished so early though.
    Presume that was down to the venue and not the band?

gaius c wrote: »
    Mad that they finished so early though.
    Presume that was down to the venue and not the band?

Yes, there's a curfew in The Academy as there is a nightclub there on Saturday nights. It catches some people out though as you'll see them arriving around 9 to see the headline band only to catch the last 30 mins of the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I went to see The Gazette in France last month.

They took a great pic of the audience. I'm in it but decline to say where. :)

Linky.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    I went to see The Gazette in France last month.

They took a great pic of the audience. I'm in it but decline to say where. :)

Linky.

Jealous, and/or AWESOME pic :D Also, think I know which one is you :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Bought a Christmas present for my friend:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/155022798X/petewill08-21
    :o:)

Looks fun, Z. But you really got it for yourself, didn't you?! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Shhhh ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Sad days for music in Cork. I'll Eat Your Face have decided to call it a day. But those two mad bastards have left us with one last glorious EP, The Life and Work of Jean Vauvais. Get a free (or pay what you want) download here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

With the disappointing delay of Watch_Dogs until 2014, I've picked up Red Dead Redemption for under a tenner off eBay to appease my gaming needs :-)

Liking its Metacritic Score, seems the consensus is that it's one of the best games released on this generation of consoles.

Yeah, it's a pretty good game alright. It has a superb and memorable score that really sets the tone for the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Cynic are releasing a new album on February 14th.

1424433_10151992900614936_1910426558_n.jpg

Excellent. Traced In Air was very good.

Ooooh, Cynic :D

Also, Satyricon tomorrow :D

Links234 wrote: »
    Also, Satyricon tomorrow :D

Gonna mosey along alright. ;)

• Advertisement

Gonna mosey along alright. ;)
    Awesomesauce

although truth be told, I'm going more for Chthonic :pac:

Not too familiar with their stuff but I'll be checking them out none the less.

Was just listening to that as well as some other tracks earlier. :)

For anybody heading along to the gig. Doors 7pm, Chthonic 7.30 - 8.10, Satyricon 8.40 - 10.30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Yeah, it's a pretty good game alright. It has a superb and memorable score that really sets the tone for the game.
    Indeed it is an excellent score. Bill Elm & Woody Jackson, loved it so much I even bought the soundtrack to, great listening to it while at home in the lovely country side.

Really enjoyed Satyricon. Good performance and the crowd were pretty receptive too.

Satyricon were great, but really loved Chthonic :D I'll admit, I went more to see them as I'd seen Satyr & Co before

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

I (or more than likely, not I) seem to have misplaced my Uncle Acid tickets :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Woo Hoo, weekend is here.
    Orphaned Land tonight and QOTSA on Sunday.
    Gonna be a great one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Found out my last college exam for this semester is on the 12th of December at half 9 in the morning and finishes at half 11... This being the night of the Black Sabbath gig in Belfast; and I study in Galway, t'will be cutting it tight!

Advertisement