Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I had considered changing my name also but I dunno :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

What'd you think of Mourning Beloveth?

The gig was very good. Wasn't all that enamored with Dread Sovereign however. Gonna check out the new MB album Formless.
    Somnus wrote: »
    I've changed my username. Just thought I'd post here to try and avoid any future confusion :P

Why did you change your name, Dr. P? :eek: And what does Somnus mean?
    Links234 wrote: »
    I had considered changing my name also but I dunno :o

Links is fairly distinctive IMO. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Passenger wrote: »

Why did you change your name, Dr. P? :eek: And what does Somnus mean?

Ah I'd been wanting to change it for a while. My old one was literally made up out of the blue when I needed a game id years ago. Also, I suck at coming up with names :P

Somnus is like the Roman god/personification of sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

The gig was very good. Wasn't all that enamored with Dread Sovereign however. Gonna check out the new MB album Formless.

One word, dreadful :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've had one name change here, I'd wanted Kharn as a name, but sadly it wasn't an option :pac:

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    I've had one name change here, I'd wanted Kharn as a name, but sadly it wasn't an option :pac:

Yeah, one of the big lads up top had that name for ages ;)

I guess I shouldn't contemplate changing my name to Angelwhore then should I? :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, it was Shiminay's name. I kinda figured it wouldn't be allowed, so it was Angron instead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Papa Roach tonight :D:D:o:D:D

hope it's fun Zwillinge! ;)

Who's heading along to Xentrix tonight?

• Advertisement

I was at Shining last night, great show! Found out one of the bands on the tour got kicked off it, a fellow I knew was wondering what you had to do to get kicked off a Shining tour :P

What was the crowd like? Xentrix are performing in the Voodoo Lounge too.

Decent enough, albeit kinda small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Heading up to Xentrix myself,should be a good night.

Xentrix put on a superb performance. The crowd were really energetic with people stage diving, etc. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

After a long day of hateful study and now I'm chilling out to Pantera, the day that's in it, the songs really were great...

Nailz wrote: »
    After a long day of hateful study and now I'm chilling out to Pantera, the day that's in it, the songs really were great...

Is that possible? :P

Is that possible? :P

Hah! Very true, after the day I had though I could chill out to anything. :P

Well it's a good place to start anyway. ;) What's your go-to album? Have to say The Sleep is an absolute quality track and is my go-to Pantera song.

Well it's a good place to start anyway. ;) What's your go-to album? Have to say The Sleep is an absolute quality track and is my go-to Pantera song.

My go-to album?? Man that's a tough one, changes all the time! At the moment it's CFH, was VDOP last time and RTS the time before that, generally goes full circle. :pac: My go-to track changes too, but I love "Yesterday Don't Mean Shit" and "Heresy" at the moment.

How's aboot the album for yourself?

• Advertisement

Xentrix put on a superb performance. The crowd were really energetic with people stage diving, etc. :D

Voodoo's great for stage diving. Although I did almost crack my head open the last time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Voodoo's great for stage diving. Although I did almost crack my head open the last time :D

I did my first stage dive there. good times were had at Fozzy that night

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I did my first stage dive there. good times were had at Fozzy that night

Fozzy about 6/7ish years ago? I high fived Jericho and then did a stage dive :pac:

Fozzy about 6/7ish years ago? I high fived Jericho and then did a stage dive :pac:

Yep. Was pushed on stage against my will and just as i stood up, they finished playing and in between tracks i had actual banter with Jericho. Was a great experience.

My next stage dive at Fozzys next gig in Dublin didnt go so well

Yeah, I was at Orange Goblin there a few years back, did one great dive, then went to do another, landed with some guys shoulder stuck in my mid section and he flipped me off and I landed head frist on the concrete. Actual stars floating around my head like I was in Road Runner or something :D

Yeah, I was at Orange Goblin there a few years back, did one great dive, then went to do another, landed with some guys shoulder stuck in my mid section and he flipped me off and I landed head frist on the concrete. Actual stars floating around my head like I was in Road Runner or something :D

Jesus thats rough! I dont do many but when they go wrong it can be serious hurting.

The next Fozzy gig after the Voodoo show was in the Button Factory, heavy security compared to the Voodoo and no one stage diving at all. Drunk Beakerjoe had his mind set on stage diving during Free wheel burning and sure enough when it played near the end i made my move.

Hopped on stage and panicked. I jinked left then ran off and dived, and as i did the whole crowd parted like the red sea. Seriously smacked my hip hard, but it gets worse. The Hired goons come over and toss me out.... but ive the bass guitar cord wrapped around my leg. The bassist had to follow me as i was dragged out to untangle me. Havent stage dived since

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Jesus thats rough! I dont do many but when they go wrong it can be serious hurting.

The next Fozzy gig after the Voodoo show was in the Button Factory, heavy security compared to the Voodoo and no one stage diving at all. Drunk Beakerjoe had his mind set on stage diving during Free wheel burning and sure enough when it played near the end i made my move.

Hopped on stage and panicked. I jinked left then ran off and dived, and as i did the whole crowd parted like the red sea. Seriously smacked my hip hard, but it gets worse. The Hired goons come over and toss me out.... but ive the bass guitar cord wrapped around my leg. The bassist had to follow me as i was dragged out to untangle me. Havent stage dived since

Ha ha ha. Yeah, Voodoo, and sometimes the Village are the only places I know that you can get away with it at. I can only imagine what would happen with the thugs in the Academy if you tried :pac:

I've never stage dived in my life :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Crowd surfed a lot in the SFX back in the day. Too auld now :)

Sabbath on Thursday, all excited, it will be my first time to see them.

• Advertisement

Nea wrote: »
    Crowd surfed a lot in the SFX back in the day. Too auld now :)

Sabbath on Thursday, all excited, it will be my first time to see them.

Couple of mates saw them in Prague on Saturday and said they were great. I'm now regretting my decision not to go see them in Belfast..reason being I saw them in 97 in Bermingham and it was my favourite concert (and favourite band) ever, and I didn't want to ruin the memory if they were sh*t now... but I'll see them at Hellfest next year anyway.

Advertisement