Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Links234 wrote: »
    Mostly non rock/metal stuff, but I did treat myself and finally ordered the Jupiter album :D

Silly question, but is that the Japanese band Jupiter? :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

So, anyone get any rocking Christmas gifts? :D

Ticket to Electric Picnic and a 3 other gig tickets including these lads next month :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Passenger wrote: »
    Silly question, but is that the Japanese band Jupiter? :D

You're right, that is a silly question! :pac:

Found these and I'm don't even know what...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Happy Christmas to all of the Rock & Metal forum!

/m/

• Advertisement

A very heavy christmas to you too :D

You're right, that is a silly question! :pac:

:cool:
    Maye83 wrote: »
    Happy Christmas to all of the Rock & Metal forum!

/m/

Happy Christmas to you too, Maye. Are you up to anything exciting?

:cool:

Oh! I also ordered a Kamelot T-shirt :D

See? I do like something that isn't Japanese :pac:

Oh! I also ordered a Kamelot T-shirt :D

See? I do like something that isn't Japanese :pac:

Ah nice! Do you have a link to it?

• Advertisement

Natty t-shirt, Links. ;)

:D

So, eat a lot over Christmas? I know I've indulged a little bit too much :p

Happy Christmas to you too, Maye. Are you up to anything exciting?

Well, I was a groomsman for my sister's wedding at Lough Rynn Castle in Leitrim on the 20th and that was amazing.

Having a FIFA 13 session with a friend next Saturday until Tuesday, that'll be fun.

Listening to Tool's Lateralus with a creamy can of Guinness right now, hoping they release a new album in 2014 :D.

Up to anything exciting yourself?

Surprisingly I've held back on the food indulgence. Apart from a huge dinner etc I've staved off the carbs. :D Did you cook anything delicious?

Surprisingly I've held back on the food indulgence. Apart from a huge dinner etc I've staved off the carbs. :D Did you cook anything delicious?
    Oh I went a bit nuts, aside from dinner I ate loads of cookies, chocolates, sweets, cake and worst of all icecream and other things with dairy in them. I'm kinda lactose intollerant, so it's been a bit eh... you don't wanna know. But damnit that icecream was good! :D I've got a pretty extreme sweet tooth. :o

I didn't cook anything Xmas day, but before my girlfriend went home to her family, I cooked a big xmas dinner for us that looked a little something like this. Turkey crown wrapped in smoked bacon, rum ham, roasties, maple roast veg, and my world famous potato stuffing ('cos she's celiac). It was good. :)

Also I've had a wee bit more to drink that usual over the last week or so :p

Well, I was a groomsman for my sister's wedding at Lough Rynn Castle in Leitrim on the 20th and that was amazing.

A festive wedding?! Must've been a fun shindig alright.
    Listening to Tool's Lateralus with a creamy can of Guinness right now, hoping they release a new album in 2014 :D.

Yep. It's been a while since 10,000 Days.

Have you tried O'Hara's or Galway Bay Brewery stout? Not as creamy as Guinness, they're more carbonated but man they make a tasty porter. ;)
    Up to anything exciting yourself?

Listening to assorted YouTube videos here.

Oh I went a bit nuts, aside from dinner I ate loads of cookies, chocolates, sweets, cake and worst of all icecream and other things with dairy in them. I'm kinda lactose intollerant, so it's been a bit eh... you don't wanna know. But damnit that icecream was good! :D I've got a pretty extreme sweet tooth. :o

I didn't cook anything Xmas day, but before my girlfriend went home to her family, I cooked a big xmas dinner for us that looked a little something like this. Turkey crown wrapped in smoked bacon, rum ham, roasties, maple roast veg, and my world famous potato stuffing ('cos she's celiac). It was good. :)

Also I've had a wee bit more to drink that usual over the last week or so :p

That's some impressive eatin', Links. :D My contribution to the festive culinary delights was a sherry trifle and it went down a treat. :D That turkey wrapped in bacon sounds tasty and couple bottles of tasty brews there too. Not a big IPA fan though. I've been supping on O'Hara's Leann Follain and Buried At Sea. I tried Stormy Port on draught there recently too but it's didn't have that smooth texture of Buried At Sea. ;)

That's some impressive eatin', Links. :D My contribution to the festive culinary delights was a sherry trifle and it went down a treat. :D That turkey wrapped in bacon sounds tasty and couple bottles of tasty brews there too. Not a big IPA fan though. I've been supping on O'Hara's Leann Follain and Buried At Sea. I tried Stormy Port on draught there recently too but it's didn't have that smooth texture of Buried At Sea. ;)

I like my IPAs, and that Jaipur is easily one of the best, but what I like depends a lot on my mood and seemingly the time of year. I prefer IPAs and the like in summer, something about the sharper, hoppy, citrus flavours. Then malty stuff in the winter. Got in a 6 pack of Rogue Hazelnut too :)

Also, I finished the last two Hitachino Nest Amber Ales they had in the pub a few days ago :D Gorgeous stuff, really malty, almost like a Belgian ale without all the nasty over strong yeastiness

I prefer the Stormy Port, not sure why though.

Today I plan to do absolutely nothing :)

Today I plan to do absolutely nothing :)

A few brews and some Visual Kei then? :pac: Gonna whip up a nice Carbonara for dinner now. :D

• Advertisement

Nah, think I had enough brews to last me a while, and new years is coming up soon, so :o

Playing some games and watching Steins;Gate is on the menu :D

Have you tried O'Hara's or Galway Bay Brewery stout? Not as creamy as Guinness, they're more carbonated but man they make a tasty porter.

No I haven't, I'm pretty predictable when it comes to lager and stout, it's usually a pint of Miller (if they have it on tap) or Guinness. I did go to Cork's Franciscan Well Beer Festival regularly when I lived down there, but I couldn't put a name on many of the beers had if you ask me now!

I like trying different types of red wine and figuring out what my tastes are. Nothing too fancy yet, but my favourite at the moment is an Australian one called McGuigan's Black Label Shiraz. Metal and red wine works surprisingly well when listening at home I find :D.

I had some Merlot with Christmas dinner, but that's about it when it comes to wine for me. I prefer beer most of the time :p

The amount of enjoyment I get from upgrading Windows 8 to 8.1 is silly... :pac:

Superb guitar playing.

I'm working on a playlist atm :D

For something very special indeed ;)

Boards Beers in Galway??

Boards Beers in Galway??

Oh ****, forgot about that! :eek: