Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Ah they're great :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Oh I know ;) I actually remember Space Lord being played on MTV back when they played music :p just don't remember much of them live

Ever see the video for Negasonic Teenage Warhead? And if not, check it out. I want a convertible space ship car :pac:

YUP! I remember that :D

I'm pretty sure the last time I saw them, Wyndorf's guitar wasn't even plugged in and during all the lead breaks, he turned to face his (an) amp while the other guitarist was playing solos :pac:

• Advertisement

Morning :D

how is all today?

crumb, saw some live pics of Monster Magnet there, I thought Dave Wyndorf was wearing a chubby suit or something like Rammstein did in that video for Keine Lust. then I realized, he wasn't wearing a suit :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Morning everyone!

Happy Friday! :D:D Hope you all have a deadly weekend.

If anyone wants me I'll be bucket shaking in Temple Bar over the weekend during TradFest - the music may melt me though :o

Hey Zwillinge ;)

did you go to Akumakon after all? if so, had fun?

Links234 wrote: »
    Hey Zwillinge ;)

did you go to Akumakon after all? if so, had fun?

I did :D

Was oodles of fun! I really enjoyed the Traditional Tea Ceremony and many of the panels. Met lots of people and got some photos - was fun weekend :):)

I even got myself a Bulbasaur for my car and many coasters :p

Then got FAAAAAAR too drunk >_<

Hah! I was fairly hungover saturday and sunday :o no idea why because I didn't actually drink that much, but I was shattered afterwards. did you happen to catch my DJ set in the college bar?

• Advertisement

Hah! I was fairly hungover saturday and sunday :o no idea why because I didn't actually drink that much, but I was shattered afterwards. did you happen to catch my DJ set in the college bar?

I don't blame you, I was there for Saturday and Sunday and I'm still tired, cause I haven't had more than 5 hours sleep each night since :o
    Very thankful I don't get hungover!

I did catch it :) Enjoyed :D Said hi and thank you to you, walking by, you probably thought I was crazy person :pac: But then we were all crazy person that weekend :):D

Not at all! loads of people weere saying thanks, and asking for stuff. glad you enjoyed it! hope it wasn't too heavy too :p

Not at all! loads of people weere saying thanks, and asking for stuff. glad you enjoyed it! hope it wasn't too heavy too :p

I enjoyed! :D

Thank you! Hope you bought nice things too ;)

Just a couple of things, didn't have too much money. got a Death Note mug and Blue Exorcist and Black Butler T-shirts :D

I'll have to think of a proper cosplay next time too, it's a bit odd always being asked "what's your cosplay?" and having to explain that no, I'm not in cosplay, this is how I normally dress :o

Snap on money woes - Bulbasaur, too many coasters (guy did a deal with me) and I bought two cutesy fruit keyrings for my friends :)

I wanted a mug for my coasters :o

Mugs were only a tenner, which I found quite reasonable. I'll probably try to save up a bit more next con, but money's been real tight the last few months.

Oh! I did enjoy the Japanese language workshop, the guy doing it was terrific and although he said I might be bored at it, I still learned a bit from him :D

Morning :D

how is all today?

crumb, saw some live pics of Monster Magnet there, I thought Dave Wyndorf was wearing a chubby suit or something like Rammstein did in that video for Keine Lust. then I realized, he wasn't wearing a suit :eek:

Yeah, he's certainly had a few pies since he gave up the booze and drugs alright haha.

I'm doing great today. Really itching for this gig tonight. Had some issues with the promoter and sound engineer, nothing that can't be worked out, but now as a way of thanks, we've (me) renegotiated our position on the bill from second to second last out of five :pac:

cool! ;) hope the gig goes well :D

Me too. Considering we've only been playing the three songs (we had to rework three Rory Gallagher tunes into our own style, now they're completely unrecognisable :pac:) for two weeks, we've got them pretty tight now, and it's all over the internets and there's looooads of people coming, so it could be our biggest and most important gig to date.....

Oh wow, sounds amazing! :D

it's on to headlining gigs after that? world tours? :D

• Advertisement

That sounds fantastic crumb :)

"I want the world and I want it NOW!"
    Veruca Salt

:pac:

Zwillinge wrote: »
    That sounds fantastic crumb :)

You're a Dub, or living in Dublin at least, yeah?

Come along to Voodoo Lounge. It's gonna be great :pac:

**** this rain, my dog won't go out in it either all she wants to do is cuddle all day :o

You're a Dub, or living in Dublin at least, yeah?

Come along to Voodoo Lounge. It's gonna be great :pac:

Tempting ;) Myself and my friend are booking our Rock im Park tickets this evening, so shall see where that takes us ;)

Always cuddle the dog!! :D

Hey Zwillinge, you're learning Japanese right? There's the Japanese forum on boards, it's pretty dead but I was thinking we get a few folks posting and it'll liven up no problem. Interested?

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Tempting ;) Myself and my friend are booking our Rock im Park tickets this evening, so shall see where that takes us ;)

Always cuddle the dog!! :D

Free in, cheap jager :pac:

cheap jager :pac:

*shudder*

I still can't get the fascination with the stuff, I got plied with shots of the stuff one birthday and can barely remember it, had a hangover that would kill a yak the next day :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

cheap jager :pac:
    *shudder*

I still can't get the fascination with the stuff, I got plied with shots of the stuff one birthday and can barely remember it, had a hangover that would kill a yak the next day :eek:

Aye. It's the same with Jack Daniel's though isn't it? It's the iconographic associations with Rock/Metal that those drinks have as opposed to them actually being quality products.

• Advertisement

Yup! In fact, I probably hate JD even more. absolutely vile stuff :eek:

Advertisement