Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Happy Killswitch Engage Day ;)

Its wet out there! Hope you're all staying dry!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Happy Killswitch Engage Day ;)

Its wet out there! Hope you're all staying dry!! :)
    And same to you!

Started work down in Dublin recently and I wasn't planning on going to it, but I don't have internet in my apartment until Friday so I went onto Toutless this morning and sorted myself out with a ticket, looking forward to it now! :)

No internet, next best thing is to gig it up a notch ;)

Did you have fun??
    I was on the upper level, figured it may get a little bit rough in the pit, it certainly looked it! They sure put on a funtastic show :D:D Had a great time!

PS: How are you finding Dublin living? :)

My thinking exactly!

Had great fun alright, went into the pit for only a couple of songs because I would've been hurting this morning had I have been in any longer :) Would've liked to hear Life To Lifeless, but t'was great anyway, Adam is hilarious!

Great to hear you got on well, how was the view from up top? Was up there for Slayer last year and it was class just looking down at the pit.

Dublin's grand, live a good bit out of the way from the city so that suits me, need to meet a few people to go to the pub and listen to Metal with :D

My main reason too, maybe if it was Thursday, I'd have been more floor involved. But since another two working days/early starts and two more gigs for the week - safer upstairs :o

It looked hardcore down there, plenty of flying shoes, crowd surfing, waves of head banging and "oval" pits ;)

Same as myself, taking the commute each morning ;)
    Once you go into a metal bar or themed night, you see the same folk each week, so gradually get to know them :) I think fair few heads from here (myself included) do be out and about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Links234 wrote: »
    any craic with you Mr. Crumb?

Aye, having a very interesting couple of days. Hooked up with a new lady over the weekend, spending a lot of time with her :p

Have the feelers out for a new bass player too, hopefully we can get something sorted and not lose too much momentum, although the current guy's not about to leave us stuck if any unexpected gigs pop up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Deadly, best of luck! ;)

Cheers amigo

My main reason too, maybe if it was Thursday, I'd have been more floor involved. But since another two working days/early starts and two more gigs for the week - safer upstairs :o

It looked hardcore down there, plenty of flying shoes, crowd surfing, waves of head banging and "oval" pits ;)

Same as myself, taking the commute each morning ;)
    Once you go into a metal bar or themed night, you see the same folk each week, so gradually get to know them :) I think fair few heads from here (myself included) do be out and about

Hehe, the "oval" pit started off lovely and fluid, look cool! ;)

Sound, sure I'll try to get more acquainted with the R&M puts about the place, I'm quite the fan of downstairs Bruxelles but not too familiar with anywhere else, any suggestions?

Mates from back home keep linking me to events in Club Hell but never bother paying attention to it.
    I might see some of you about then if that's the case! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I found Club Hell quite enjoyable, but I've only been there once. There's not really much in the way or R&M stuff in Galway, and then there's nothing in Longford.

• Advertisement

There used to be Sally Longs in Galway for a good metal night, but it's been overtaken by scobies now, awful spot that used to be great fun :( still can be awesome when they're bothered to put on a gig again, you see the place packed with all the rockers and it's absolutely buzzing, but those nights are once in a blue moon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I like Sally's cause of the music on the jukebox really, but it's been a few months since I've been in. Really I don't bother much with going out any more, it just doesn't really interest me.

They really should have a good rock night in town again, but feck if it if I can't pull myself away from the craft beer pubs :p

in other news, I've just realized that I have given up fizzy drinks well over a month now! Yay :D

^^ Why not put on a metal night in one of the craft beer pubs? ;)

Cos my usual doesn't have any music nights?

Aye, having a very interesting couple of days. Hooked up with a new lady over the weekend, spending a lot of time with her :p

Have the feelers out for a new bass player too, hopefully we can get something sorted and not lose too much momentum, although the current guy's not about to leave us stuck if any unexpected gigs pop up.

Niiice ;)

Best of luck on the bass player hunt. My experience with them is they know they're rarer than lead guitarists, so are tough to nail down!

Nailz wrote: »
    Hehe, the "oval" pit started off lovely and fluid, look cool! ;)

Sound, sure I'll try to get more acquainted with the R&M puts about the place, I'm quite the fan of downstairs Bruxelles but not too familiar with anywhere else, any suggestions?

Mates from back home keep linking me to events in Club Hell but never bother paying attention to it.
    I might see some of you about then if that's the case! :)

I've been down there a few times in the last two years - can be nice and easy going :)

Gypsy Rose is along the quays, that would be my haunt.
    Fibbers Parnell St is still a thing, but think for younger folk these days.
    Club Hell is under Tara St Station - the layout of it kinda annoys me :o
    Poison is on Thursdays in Sin nightclub in Temple Bar now. €50 gets you in and unlimited drink - sounds messy

You'd more than likely see me knocking about :P

Links234 wrote: »
    Cos my usual doesn't have any music nights?

Ah. What about the place that you were talking about having the board beers in? Could you book a room there on a once off and see how it goes?
    Niiice ;)

Best of luck on the bass player hunt. My experience with them is they know they're rarer than lead guitarists, so are tough to nail down!

Gypsy Rose is along the quays, that would be my haunt.
    Club Hell is under Tara St Station - the layout of it kinda annoys me :o
    Poison is on Thursdays in Sin nightclub in Temple Bar now. €50 gets you in and unlimited drink - sounds messy

You'd more than likely see me knocking about :P

Cheers and cheers ;)

I probably would know you to see. In the Gypo a fair bit, Fibbers a lot more lately, still though Foggy and Brux would be my "locals", Club Hell ocassionally and Poison once in a blue moon. Probably only ever been 4/5 times over the years. Haven't been to the new place yet, but me and Jay stumbled upon a great idea for a theme night the other day, which will hopefully be happening early March. So I'll be at that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I *always* thought Fibbers was for younger folk! I remember being there at around 22-23 and feeling old compared to some of the nippers that were there that night...

I *always* thought Fibbers was for younger folk! I remember being there at around 22-23 and feeling old compared to some of the nippers that were there that night...

I started drinking there when it opened, and I still darken the doorway every now and then :pac:

Beer garden's great for having a smoke in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Fibbers seems to have lost the younger crowd to some of the newer venues in recent years. Brux is really the only pub to hear Metal at the weekend. Gypsy Rose if you want more mainstream stuff. Club Hell is not a Rock bar. It's geared more toward regular Joe's and Rockers are few and far between in there nowadays.

• Advertisement

Passenger wrote: »
    Fibbers seems to have lost the younger crowd to some of the newer venues in recent years. Brux is really the only pub to hear Metal at the weekend. Gypsy Rose if you want more mainstream stuff. Club Hell is not a Rock bar. It's gears more toward regular Joe's and Rockers are few and far between in there nowadays.

Aye, went there when it opened first and there was a more rock crowd, but it's always full of randomers and occassionally skangers looking for cheap booze. I've often had idiots comment on my beard or hair etc., which I find bizarre at a so called Rock/Metal night.

Still though, I have a good laugh there every now and then, but mostly we hang out upstairs behind the curtain if we're there :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sally's is crop now? Aww.

Killswitch engage gig was great, I don't really know them but was a very good experience and randomly got to go for free yesterday thanks to a boards friend , battlecross were very good, first band certainly had a lot of energy, jumping from the second floor to the stage ouch

Some say they sewed the seeds for that when they got rid of the rock night on Fridays :o

I still like Sally's, but again I just don't normally care enough to go out.

Ah. What about the place that you were talking about having the board beers in? Could you book a room there on a once off and see how it goes?

I could, but it'd be a small enough room, so :/ meh

I probably would know you to see. In the Gypo a fair bit, Fibbers a lot more lately, still though Foggy and Brux would be my "locals", Club Hell ocassionally and Poison once in a blue moon. Probably only ever been 4/5 times over the years. Haven't been to the new place yet, but me and Jay stumbled upon a great idea for a theme night the other day, which will hopefully be happening early March. So I'll be at that :pac:

More than likely!
    Only been to Foggy a few times in my lifespan. And Poison is whenever I've a Friday off work :P

I used to be a nipper :o In the last few years I've been there I've felt ancient.
    Aye, went there when it opened first and there was a more rock crowd, but it's always full of randomers and occassionally skangers looking for cheap booze. I've often had idiots comment on my beard or hair etc., which I find bizarre at a so called Rock/Metal night.

Gotta love a good beard :D

Killswitch engage gig was great, I don't really know them but was a very good experience and randomly got to go for free yesterday thanks to a boards friend , battlecross were very good, first band certainly had a lot of energy, jumping from the second floor to the stage ouch

I thought they were great alright - met Battlecross upstairs, the lead lad was telling me about his three year old constantly waking him up after he's done a show :pac:

Anybody watching the show Lilyhammer?

Passenger wrote: »
    Anybody watching the show Lilyhammer?
    No, but it's definitely one I wanna see at some point

Aye, it's on Netflix if you have it. I'm enjoying it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I thought they were great alright - met Battlecross upstairs, the lead lad was telling me about his three year old constantly waking him up after he's done a show :pac:
    For the first band we were watching them whilst standing beside battlecross, I had no idea, they just wandered on stage randomly from beside us. :D

Advertisement