Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Got accepted for the Titanfall beta there last night and had a few games. A lot of fun! Wasn't that interested when I saw the footage at E3 but man it is a really fun shooter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

All of Awake straight through and a cut-down Scenes From A Memory at the encore on Friday night. **** yeah :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

All of Awake straight through and a cut-down Scenes From A Memory at the encore on Friday night. **** yeah :)

Awake in its entirety?! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Yep - 20th anniversary of its release so they played it straight through after the intermission.

Yep - 20th anniversary of its release so they played it straight through after the intermission.

My favourite DT album. I would probably need a fresh pair of jocks if I seem them perform that. :D What venue did you see them in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

That sounds incredible RK :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Awake... In it's entirety... Including the first them they've ever played Space Dye Vest without Kevin Moore... Was that the first time they played it or were other gigs getting it too?

I don't think I've ever been more envious of anyone in my life! Awake is quite possibly my favorite album of all time. Holy ****...

Edit: Setlist.fm only showing it as the second half of the album?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

You might've seen it already, but it's brilliant none-the less!

400,000 hits (and counting) in 1 day is incredible.

Nailz wrote: »

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Anaal Nathrakh have apparently nearly finished recording their new album :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Seen a rainbow this morning :)

Good Morning all you Lovely Beautiful People! :)

Hey Zwillinge ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Nailz wrote: »

That's genius, it's like a glimpse into a parallel universe or something :D.

Also got me listening to a lot of Meshuggah..

Anybody up to aught at the weekend? I might head to the Solstice gig in the Pint.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm hanging around Galway for the weekend, that's about the sum of it.

Does anything of the Rock/Metal variety be stirring in Galway at weekends?

Not really, there's not a lot of R&M stuff in general here, it's not limited to the weekend.

What's everybody's opinion of people who attend gigs and spend it with their smartphone/camera hoisted in the air?

Apparently Karl Sanders of Nile has an opinion on the matter. It's a fair enough sentiment too tbh.
    How does it feel, when you are out on stage and you see a sea of cell-phones and cameras taking pictures and videos? Gone are the days when we used to see horns. How does this feel?

There is something to that and I am glad you asked this. There is something I think we should share with fans because I don’t think fans realize. When you are taking your cell phone or video camera whatever and you are busy filming the show, you are not in the show. You are no longer a part of the experience. When people are involved with the show, you are listening to the band, watching them, you are headbanging, you are moshing, then you are part of the similar community experience. All of us are focused on the same energy and that’s an incredible experience. You can feel that, it’s real, the band and fans unite, they are together. So when I see fans filming the show, texting or whatever, they are missing out on a wonderful experience which hurts me, discourages me. It’s like what if you are in bed with your girlfriend and you are making love with her and she’s texting (laughs). It bothers me so much that if people do it right in front of me, I am going to take the phone from them. If they are going to stick the camera or whatever right in my face I am going to say “**** You, Go Away… Go 20 Feet back”, because that place right in the front is for someone who wants to get involved, and if you are texting then you are cheating that fan out of a place where he could be enjoying music.

I don't mind the odd picture being taken, but I don't care for people who spend the entire show doing it (unless you are the photographer for the show and then it's your job to do it).

Passenger wrote: »
    What's everybody's opinion of people who attend gigs and spend it with their smartphone/camera hoisted in the air?

I want to swat them out of people's hands, it's seriously irritating

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Does my head in, was really bad at Rammstein. Completely selfish.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

It's at all gigs now, the only times where I haven't seen is at festivals like Rory and Download — which are places you certainly wouldn't expect to see it anyway due to impracticalities.

And it makes me want to smash their phones into tiny pieces, it seriously annoys me, on numerous levels...

It annoys me on a personal level, such as "Why the feck is that gobshite even here?", and it annoys me purely because it's a bloody obstruction to everyone else behind you. I'm a tall enough lad and nothing pisses me off more at gigs than the tool standing directly in front of you holding their absolute monstrosity of a Samsung at exactly your eye-height!

/rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Most camera phone pics are gonna look crap anyway because of the extreme lighting. Even the videos will look dark and sound horribly distorted because the mic isn't designed for the volume and as a result, be completely pointless.

I do make exceptions for people that record the crowd. Somebody here showed a video of Sepultura recently and although it sounded messy, it did show how much tremendous craic the gig was. Also, somebody had a video of Kiss in the O2 and it showed tons of people dancing like idiots screaming "i wanna rock and roll all niiight". Rather than focusing on the band, these videos show the amount of fun people are having.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Mattyz69

people are too interested in having a video that serves as their memories of a gig rather than the old fashioned way of turning to ur buddy and going 'remember when they played <insert song here> and we went mental and moshpit was insane blah blah blah.....

i always find the best memories of a gig that cant be caught on camera.. they just spontanously combust!

Mattyz69 wrote: »
    people are too interested in having a video that serves as their memories of a gig rather than the old fashioned way of turning to ur buddy and going 'remember when they played <insert song here> and we went mental and moshpit was insane blah blah blah.....

i always find the best memories of a gig that cant be caught on camera.. they just spontanously combust!
    People are too interested in having something to stick up on facebook :rolleyes:

People are too interested in having something to stick up on facebook :rolleyes:
    putting something up on facebook is grand, taking the odd picture is grand, I've done so myself plenty of times... it's the people who are holding up their phone the entire gig, watching the show through their little smart phone screen that's the problem.

take a few pictures when the band come onstage or something, but for the love of all that is metal put the phone away after that please...

Ah yeah, nothing wrong with it in itself, but some people seem to want to recreate the entire gig online.

Yup, really wish people would just put the phone the **** away, it's maddening

speaking of gigs, what's you's all looking forward to?

Good news; hoodies arrived. Bad news; they are in Longford, I'm not back there until the weekend after this one.

• Advertisement

That's bittersweet, Angron ;)

I am still without my book. I'm willing to bet the books I've ordered from Japan will arrive here sooner.

Advertisement