Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Links234 wrote: »
    Yup, really wish people would just put the phone the **** away, it's maddening

speaking of gigs, what's you's all looking forward to?

I might head to see Solstice in The Pint on Sat and considering going to Grand Magus next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

When Cynic played The Village in 2011, there was guy standing a few rows back from the center of the stage with his camera phone attached to what looked like a homemade rod that hovered over the crowd recording for most of the gig o_O

I wasn't bothered that much, but it was inconsiderate of other people watching the show, not to mention how bloody self-conscious I'd feel if I stood there waving around a contraption like that :confused:.

At gigs in the past, I've taken literally a few photos at random points just to have something to look at afterward, but I've learned that their quality is always awful and not worth the bother. Better to soak up the moment while you're there and have good memories to enjoy I find.

On the subject of hoodies, I've been eyeing up a particular type of TOOL one online, but I'm wary of buying clothes without trying them on first or at least holding it in my hands to see what the material is like :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Passenger wrote: »
    Anybody up to aught at the weekend? I might head to the Solstice gig in the Pint.

I'm 98% heading to that, also going to Fibs tonight to see a couple of bands. Well to have some beers while some bands are playing :pac:

Edit: Just ordered tickets to see Corrosion of Conformity in Berlin in a couple of weeks. This'll be my fourth COC gig and fourth country to see them in :pac:

I'm 98% heading to that, also going to Fibs tonight to see a couple of bands. Well to have some beers while some bands are playing :pac:

Edit: Just ordered tickets to see Corrosion of Conformity in Berlin in a couple of weeks. This'll be my fourth COC gig and fourth country to see them in :pac:

Good man, Mr. Crumb. Sure I might see ye there. ;)

Nice! Have you been to Berlin before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'm just going to leave this here: www.facebook.com/galwaymetalheads

Seeing as there's no metal happening in Galway, I want to start something up on a regular or semi regular basis, and having facebook page to get interest is the most logical conclusion ;)

• Advertisement

Good idea, Links. A regular Metal night in Galway with bands/DJ might get some interest.

Well, fingers crossed something will come of it ;)

My first choice for venue has said no :(

Good man, Mr. Crumb. Sure I might see ye there. ;)

Nice! Have you been to Berlin before?

Jesus, they were sh*t hahaha.

Nah, never been before, but I've a few mates there so it shouldn't be too difficult to find our way around :pac:

Jesus, they were sh*t hahaha.

Nah, never been before, but I've a few mates there so it shouldn't be too difficult to find our way around :pac:

Did you head to Brux after the gig? Didn't see ye there.

Aye, it's a good aul spot, Berlin. Plenty to see and do and a load of Rock bars too.

Yeah, was there for a little while, but didn't stay too late at all. Trying to keep some cash for next weekend, it's gonna be a very, very busy few days :pac:

• Advertisement

Trying to keep some cash for next weekend, it's gonna be a very, very busy few days :pac:

Ah yes, the big four-oh... Should I be even saying that out loud? :p I'll buy ye a pint if I'm there man.

It's hardly a secret :pac:

I'm gonna check out that Revolution night. It's downstairs in the Turk's Head on Sat.

I'm gonna check out that Revolution night. It's downstairs in the Turk's Head on Sat.

I've been at the last three.

First one was great, but left both the others after less than an hour, and Turk's Head is also not somewhere I would go to of my own choice (last time I was there I had a fight with four bouncers, it didn't go well for me :pac: )

A lot of my mates love it though.

Does there be many heads at it? Sure I'll mosey in for a gander anyway.

There's usually a few of my crew there, but they better all be at my birthday this week or there'll be trouble :pac:

It's mostly dribs and drabs of the old Dominion gang. There's always hot goth girls there though, so you just have to figure out if looking at (not all that many) hot chicks is worth listening to sh*t music for five hours.....

In fairness though, the music was only really bad at the last one, but that was because it wa upstairs in Voodoo Lounge and trying to contend with the FULL ON RAVE that was happening downstairs so they just played the most dance orientated goth music they could to try (unsuccessfully) to drown out the cacopohony from downstairs.....

Aye, it seems to be a successor of sorts to Dominion. At least it's only once a month and in a different venue which might retain some interest and keep a crowd. Like I said, I'll give it a gander anyway.

Yeah, the first one in the Black Sheep was great, I think it lost out cos of the next two venues though, Academy 2 and upstairs in Voodoo, which are not great venues at all.
    Still, I'd go every time just for Fi's sake (which is obviously why I went to all three of them to date). She's a super lady.

I would've went to those if I had known about them. Only found out it existed a few days ago. So gonna make sure to check out the one on Sat.

Would I know her?

Possibly. She's been around as long as I have :pac:

Agro-Fi of the Ministry of *Agro-culture?

*Not affiliated with Aggro-Culture, or indeed the Cork Street Posse :D

• Advertisement

I probably know her to see then. Seen those fellas a couple times at some Face Melter gigs. :pac:

I could be going to Revolution at some point in the future :)

And sure why not. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I only got to go to the last few Dominions, but Revolution was plenty of fun. I enjoyed the Academy one :)

After the Black Sheep Basement one, I walked upstairs and my glasses just fogged up and I couldn't see for ages :pac: They just kept refogging :P:cool:

New song and artwork for the upcoming Devin Townsend Project Casualties of Cool.

Casualties-of-Cool-Cover-Art.jpg
    In case Devin Townsend’s overwhelming popularity wasn’t already readily apparent: within twenty-four hours of launching the crowdfunding campaign for his Casualties of Cool project this past Friday, Mr. Townsend achieved 249% of his total goal.

Nice fusion of sounds and quite mellow which is not exactly surprising as Devy has been rather mercurial with his musical endeavors in recent years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Was listening to it last night. Absolutely love it. Looking forward to hearing the full album! And he said the excess money will go towards Ziltoid 2 as well, so that's cool

Aye, kinda half surprised that DT needs to raise funds to record an album.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

New Devin song sounds great, bit of a Ki vibe about it. Look forward to hearing the album.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Love the new track, love that sort of sound. Sounds like "Ki" DTP mixed with mid-era Massive Attack and Mr. Bungle's "California".

Saw Devin do an accoustic gig at Download last year and he was great. Missed DTP in the Academy though as I was away, would love to see him again!

• Advertisement

Nailz wrote: »
    Love the new track, love that sort of sound. Sounds like "Ki" DTP mixed with mid-era Massive Attack and Mr. Bungle's "California".

Saw Devin do an accoustic gig at Download last year and he was great. Missed DTP in the Academy though as I was away, would love to see him again!

Aye, I enjoyed the DTP gig last year more then the previous gig he played in The Academy. The setlist contained more gems imo.

Have you moved to Dublin btw, Nailz?

Advertisement