Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Passenger wrote: »
    Aye, I enjoyed the DTP gig last year more then the previous gig he played in The Academy. The setlist contained more gems imo.

Have you moved to Dublin btw, Nailz?
    Sweet, didn't get to see either, sadly. I'm sure he'll be back sooner rather than later though, he's quite the man for touring these last few years.

Yep, moved up last month for work, I'm quite a bit out of the city but I'm right on the Luas so it's handy for everything. I'll be back in Galway from September though for Final Year at NUIG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

You're all very quiet lately. :pac: Who going to Grand Magus on Thurs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Not me.

Did you get a Clutch ticket? Apparently it's sold out :rolleyes:

Nah, not gonna bother with Clutch. Just looking forward to GM on Thurs and maybe Overkill on Sat.

Not a big GM fan at all. Saw them at the Rise Above 20th Anniversary show and Hellfest a few years back. They have too much of a Maiden vibe for me :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Heading to Grand Magus myself, hoping to catch the support act too, The Vintage Caravan, as they're playing Roadburn.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I'll just leave this here...

Edit:
    Nah, not gonna bother with Clutch. Just looking forward to GM on Thurs and maybe Overkill on Sat.
    Hey dude, if you decide you're heading to Overkill I have a couple of spares going for below face value, in case you're interested.

Pardon me for posting it here, I know this isn't the place for that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Nailz wrote: »
    I'll just leave this here...

I do not think he likes that :o

Heading to Grand Magus myself, hoping to catch the support act too, The Vintage Caravan, as they're playing Roadburn.

Good man, will be checking out the support for sure. Was listening to some of The Vintage Caravan's stuff and they're definitely worth a gander.

Grand Magus were fantastic last night. What a performance. The vocals were excellent, have to say. The first few songs were a little off sound-wise but it improved and the rest of the setlist was as good as I expected.

• Advertisement

Grand Magus were fantastic last night. What a performance. The vocals were excellent, have to say. The first few songs were a little off sound-wise but it improved and the rest of the setlist was as good as I expected.

You going to the Facemelter in Voodoo tonight, P?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I saw Grand Magus supporting Amon Amarth before, they were terrific, wouldn't have minded seeing them again :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Did you catch The Vintage Caravan?

Was really impressed by them, sound lads too, was chatting to them after their set.

Grand Magus were excellent, thank god the gig was moved from The Pint!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

You going to the Facemelter in Voodoo tonight, P?

I was at it in Fibbers last night man. Stalled in after Grand Magus. The Greek band were pretty good.
    Links234 wrote: »
    I saw Grand Magus supporting Amon Amarth before, they were terrific, wouldn't have minded seeing them again :D

Yeah, you probably would've enjoyed it.
    Did you catch The Vintage Caravan?

I arrived after their set and was hoping to catch them. I met the lads though and they were sound. Very young band too, only 19/20. They said they'll be touring here again this year or next year.

And the GM fellas seem pretty down to earth too tbh.

Ah cool. I'm going to watch Chemical Addiction, band from Kilkenny, I think they've got a real AIC vibe about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Grand Magus were great the other night. Definitely better than last year in the Pint.

Vintage Caravan were superb live! Best sound of the night too I would say. Great to hear the bass in your face for those tunes! Chatting to them afterwards as well and they are sound. Definitely be cool to see where they go in the future considering how young they are!

Anybody head to that new Rock/Metal club downstairs in the Turks Head last night? The crowd that do Club Hell etc. are running it apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Anybody head to that new Rock/Metal club downstairs in the Turks Head last night? The crowd that do Club Hell etc. are running it apparently.

No, and this is the first I've heard of it...

No, and this is the first I've heard of it...

Aye, it's called The Crypt.

1888741_10152342239113383_787530577_n.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Angela Gossow left Arch Enemy :eek: She's been replaced by another female, Alissa White-Gluz from the Agonist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Angron wrote: »
    Angela Gossow left Arch Enemy :eek: She's been replaced by another female, Alissa White-Gluz from the Agonist.

Well technically Angela hasn't left Arch Enemy as such....... She's just stepping away from live performances and running things behind the scenes, which begs the question will Aliss White Gluz be singing the new stuff from War Eternal when Arch Enemy hit the road

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ah, I'd seen it as she's leaving and her replacement was announced.

Angron wrote: »
    Ah, I'd seen it as she's leaving and her replacement was announced.

She was an amazing vocalist that's for sure, her replacement ain't too bad either, an impressive set of pipes she does possess

Yeah, I haven't listened to much of the Agonist really, but I do agree that she's a good replacement.

Looks like Aliss White-Gluz will sing on the new Arch Enemy album after all
    White-Gluz will appear on Arch Enemy’s upcoming album, ‘War Eternal,’

Now i'm curious, did Aliss record the album with the band on the downlow and it was only revealed today or did Angela come to the band with her decision to step away from the singing

http://loudwire.com/angela-gossow-leaves-arch-enemy-agonist-alissa-white-gluz-new-vocalist/

Aye, it's called The Crypt.

1888741_10152342239113383_787530577_n.jpg

That Jay and Dan and all that lot? Strange I've not had eight million invites on facecrack if it is... :pac:

That Jay and Dan and all that lot? Strange I've not had eight million invites on facecrack if it is... :pac:

Aye, I only heard about it Sat and stalled in for a gander. There were 6 or 7 people there so I went to Brux. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Now i'm curious, did Aliss record the album with the band on the downlow and it was only revealed today or did Angela come to the band with her decision to step away from the singing

http://loudwire.com/angela-gossow-leaves-arch-enemy-agonist-alissa-white-gluz-new-vocalist/

Going by Angela's statement it sounds like she didn't do the vocals on the new album. She's just saying that it is sounding good. I expect is on it.

Having had a quick listen to some Agonist stuff, I wonder will there be any cleaner singing on it. Probably not this album to avoid backlash, but they might chance it on future ones

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

The Crypt?? That's a new one on me!!

Angela not in Arch Enemy??? :eek::eek: - One of my reasons for going to Alt Fest this year :o

This is what happens when I'm not about for a week or so!! ;)

• Advertisement

NEW ARCH ENEMY

Advertisement