Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orginal Enterprise VS The Galactica

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Dunno about point 2

Didn't the Enterprise and a Romulan Bird Of Prey duke it out wth nukes once upon an episode??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

a bit BSG bias there, no??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Why did they go for the Original enterprise vs the new Galaticia. Surely the should have gone with a newer enterprise or the old Galaticia.

I'd also disagree with points 2 and 3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

because the next star trek abortion to be released is in the original enterprise era.

matrim wrote: »
    Why did they go for the Original enterprise vs the new Galaticia. Surely the should have gone with a newer enterprise or the old Galaticia.

I'd also disagree with points 2 and 3.

Cause the were launching BSG new series at the time.
    the new BSG is set in the same time period as old BSG anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

gatecrash wrote: »
    Dunno about point 2

Didn't the Enterprise and a Romulan Bird Of Prey duke it out wth nukes once upon an episode??

yup and the enterprise was firing its torps away at the roms at a std distance and when the roms armed a nuke mine for self destruct enterprise got the **** out of dodge meaning a nuke was a threat to it

User45701 wrote: »
    yup and the enterprise was firing its torps away at the roms at a std distance and when the roms armed a nuke mine for self destruct enterprise got the **** out of dodge meaning a nuke was a threat to it

Were the shields not already down?
    and had the Enterprise already not had damage taken?

Also shows that the enterprise could withstand a point blank hit from a very advanced nuke (considering it was a nuke just before particle beam weapons)

season 1 ep 9 ballaence of terror i have season hddvd its been a while since i watched it but i could swear it didnt lose its shields

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

hahahahahhahahah , this is bad , bad joke . you can see people in the post on that site are pointing facts like in the star trek universe, it has actually been stated Nukes and kinetic weapons would be useless against shield on the enterprise. The person has a very limited understanding of star trek.

And i mean its one thing if its like the Star trek vs star wars stuff , where both side put forward agruments based on their respected universe merits.
    (Even if we all know clocked defiant wins all)

But Enterprise losing to the new galatica :rolleyes: bit of a joke.

Matt Jefferies Enterpise is a sci fi and design classic , there is a model of it in
    the Smithsonian Institution's basically its just end all of starships , enough said.

i think allot of those posters dont remember TOS that well. and maybe dont know the ins and outs of TOS tech. the site makes a good point that it is extremly unlikly that a torpedo would impact the galactica. Meaning the enterprise would just be using phasers. The targeting systems in tos and tng are very different, as i remember it was not as easy to target weapons only or engines only in TOS.

Also warp drive is actually slower than galactica which folds space using a jump drive, although the recharge time is a bit of a kick in the teeth. Though it would allow adama to use "the riker manouver"

Both great shows and OMFG about 14 hours left till BSG!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Kirk would make the Galactica blow up using just his awesomeness.

a1202294640680695a17e940885fea58.jpg

User45701 wrote: »
    i think allot of those posters dont remember TOS that well. and maybe dont know the ins and outs of TOS tech. the site makes a good point that it is extremly unlikly that a torpedo would impact the galactica. Meaning the enterprise would just be using phasers. The targeting systems in tos and tng are very different, as i remember it was not as easy to target weapons only or engines only in TOS.

Also warp drive is actually slower than galactica which folds space using a jump drive, although the recharge time is a bit of a kick in the teeth. Though it would allow adama to use "the riker manouver"

Both great shows and OMFG about 14 hours left till BSG!!!!!!!!!!!

The weapon systems on Galactica are not very small though, compared to the surface area on Trek, so would not need fine precision

Can't torpedos travel at high warp?
    it would be very hard to create a field of Flak soon enough to stop them

Also how far out would the Flak cloud have to be, to negate a 100% matter/energy conversion of a photon torpedo?
    In Trek they have to be a fair distance away to fire Photons (with shields intact), to avoid damage to Enterprise. Could a ship create a Flak barrier with enough integrity to prevent a Photon coming through while still at a great enough distance to allow the energy wave to dissipate

Everyone seems to be saying that Galactica would need to surprise attack Enterprise. Not exactly a like for like fight then, if one ship is prepared and one is not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Derek Coleman

I think any smart officer on the Enterprise would do what they do in Stargate and beam a Bomb or 5 onto Galactica. War over. Damn that was fast.

Advertisement